Today's Racists
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 04:48:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Today's Racists
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Are Today's Racists "Closet Racists" ?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 16

Author Topic: Today's Racists  (Read 1640 times)
unclesammysays
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 15, 2013, 07:22:51 AM »

The Republicans have been against OBama from the start. This indicates Bias. There is a group within the Republican Party that are "Closet Racists" And therefore Cowards. They are still fighting the Civil War. Their continual criticism has no credibility. These people are probably innate racists, but they are in the closet. They will deny it to no end. Common sense exposes them, continual negativity exposes them, perception exposes them. They can't sleep at night knowing there is a Black man in the White House. These people writhe in anger because they are afraid. Having a Black President has brought out one thing about our country, Racial Hate lives.
unclesammysays
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2013, 07:27:23 AM »

Yes or No?
 Observe the behavior of the people that continually criticize Blacks, the President, Minorities, Immigrants, etc.
t_host1

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2013, 08:22:20 AM »

Here at atlas they never did get around to building a closet, citing a shortage in doors.
The Free North
CTRattlesnake
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2013, 08:38:16 AM »

The Republicans have been against OBama from the start. This indicates Bias. There is a group within the Republican Party that are "Closet Racists" And therefore Cowards. They are still fighting the Civil War. Their continual criticism has no credibility. These people are probably innate racists, but they are in the closet. They will deny it to no end. Common sense exposes them, continual negativity exposes them, perception exposes them. They can't sleep at night knowing there is a Black man in the White House. These people writhe in anger because they are afraid. Having a Black President has brought out one thing about our country, Racial Hate lives.

Thats great honey! What else did you learn in social studies today?
The Free North
CTRattlesnake
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2013, 08:40:05 AM »

Neat

King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2013, 10:50:49 AM »

I'm glad thost finally has someone to talk to
Redalgo
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2013, 11:05:57 AM »
« Edited: October 15, 2013, 11:39:45 AM by Redalgo »

Relative to in past generations, yes. RWA types tend to dislike seeming abnormal to others; they don't like to stick out from the crowd. Many now fall back on politically correct language to express themselves, or keep quiet about certain issues altogether, because humanists and egalitarian-leaning folk have claimed and are well entrenched upon the high ground in the ongoing cultural conflict between themselves and the normative/traditionalist crowd in the United States.

These days I suspect it takes a special kind of racist to express their views in a blunt, unfiltered way outside of their own relatively safe, private echo-chambers. In the same way it is no longer appropriate by the standards of mainstream society for a person to openly argue that the poor deserve to starve, the right to vote should be retracted from large portions of the population, society may well benefit from segregation or purges, the lives of foreigners are without value, folk who are not White, conservatively Anglo-Saxon cultured Protestants are second-class people, etc.

To avoid a misunderstanding though, traditionalism and intolerance often do not go hand in hand. From what I have read in the past I suspect that the RWA faction is only a quarter of the American electorate, and it's their personalities - not so much their political beliefs - that make them prone to following authoritarian leaders and rejecting humanist and egalitarian values.

Edit: Maybe the racism of minority group individuals is condemned less potently or overlooked at times because prevailing perspectives make most people more suspicious of and vigilant against future offenses by (ex-)dominating/majority groups today than (ex-)subjugated/minority groups? This might also explain why some bigots of minority group status also feel a lot more comfortable openly expressing their controversial views in public?
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2013, 02:21:54 PM »

Most racists have been closeted since the 1970s.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2013, 04:44:55 PM »

Yes, there are many closeted racist in society today, due to how unacceptable it is, however your paragraph is just more typical propaganda.

The Republicans have been against OBama from the start. This indicates Bias.
There is a group within the Republican Party that are "Closet Racists" And therefore Cowards. They are still fighting the Civil War. Their continual criticism has no credibility. These people are probably innate racists, but they are in the closet. They will deny it to no end. Common sense exposes them, continual negativity exposes them, perception exposes them. They can't sleep at night knowing there is a Black man in the White House. These people writhe in anger because they are afraid. Having a Black President has brought out one thing about our country, Racial Hate lives.

So because they've never liked him or his policies means that they're racist? I can tell you I know many conservatives, and all of them hate him for who he is and his presidency, it has nothing to do with race. What you see on TV with congressman does NOT represent the people. The idea that a huge group of republicans are racist or secretly racist is ridiculous and only goes around in a liberal bubble. Racism is going massively down in this country, along with religious and anti-SSM people. What we see here is nonfactual and rant-esque sentences that you commonly see spewed on much of the media and exclusively liberal sites (like Daily Kos, Democratic Underground, etc.) Isn't playing the race card getting a little old?
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2013, 06:16:54 PM »

Yes, there are many closeted racist in society today, due to how unacceptable it is, however your paragraph is just more typical propaganda.

There is a group within the Republican Party that are "Closet Racists" And therefore Cowards. They are still fighting the Civil War. Their continual criticism has no credibility. These people are probably innate racists, but they are in the closet. They will deny it to no end. Common sense exposes them, continual negativity exposes them, perception exposes them. They can't sleep at night knowing there is a Black man in the White House. These people writhe in anger because they are afraid. Having a Black President has brought out one thing about our country, Racial Hate lives.

So because they've never liked him or his policies means that they're racist? I can tell you I know many conservatives, and all of them hate him for who he is and his presidency, it has nothing to do with race. What you see on TV with congressman does NOT represent the people. The idea that a huge group of republicans are racist or secretly racist is ridiculous and only goes around in a liberal bubble. Racism is going massively down in this country, along with religious and anti-SSM people. What we see here is nonfactual and rant-esque sentences that you commonly see spewed on much of the media and exclusively liberal sites (like Daily Kos, Democratic Underground, etc.) Isn't playing the race card getting a little old?

Pointing out racism is "playing the race card?"
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2013, 07:32:40 PM »

Pointing out racism is "playing the race card?"

No, but saying someone is racist because they disagree with someone when that someone happens to be non-white is.
Redalgo
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2013, 07:35:53 PM »
« Edited: October 15, 2013, 07:43:34 PM by Redalgo »

To be fair, I need to agree with ElectionsGuy on some of this. The core of the GOP's character is not racist and Republicans have many reasons to dislike the current President that have nothing to do with race. Of course there are racists in each major party - more so in the Republican Party for reasons I do not really blame typical Republicans for - but the extent to which it pollutes politics is often exaggerated by Democratic hacks as an effective yet sleezy manipulation of symbolic capital.

Where I disagree though is that the amount of racism is in decline. There was a huge increase in hate groups organized in the United States when President Obama ascended to power. I do not know whether there are a lot of new racists in the States, but those who already were here seem more fired up about it than they have been in quite awhile. Poor economic times also tend to fuel anti-immigrant attitudes, at least some of which takes the form of bigotry directed against Latinos.

Over the long term I think the observations are generally true though - i.e. there is diminishing influence of religiously-motivated intolerance and other sources of bigotry over U.S. public policy.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2013, 08:12:56 PM »

To be fair, I need to agree with ElectionsGuy on some of this. The core of the GOP's character is not racist and Republicans have many reasons to dislike the current President that have nothing to do with race. Of course there are racists in each major party - more so in the Republican Party for reasons I do not really blame typical Republicans for - but the extent to which it pollutes politics is often exaggerated by Democratic hacks as an effective yet sleezy manipulation of symbolic capital.

Where I disagree though is that the amount of racism is in decline. There was a huge increase in hate groups organized in the United States when President Obama ascended to power. I do not know whether there are a lot of new racists in the States, but those who already were here seem more fired up about it than they have been in quite awhile. Poor economic times also tend to fuel anti-immigrant attitudes, at least some of which takes the form of bigotry directed against Latinos.

Over the long term I think the observations are generally true though - i.e. there is diminishing influence of religiously-motivated intolerance and other sources of bigotry over U.S. public policy.

That's probably what it was. I highly doubt the actual number of racists or racism in general is going up.
Pessimistic Antineutrino
Pessimistic Antineutrino
United States

« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2013, 09:50:25 PM »

The Republicans have been against OBama from the start. This indicates Bias. There is a group within the Republican Party that are "Closet Racists" And therefore Cowards. They are still fighting the Civil War.Their continual criticism has no credibility. These people are probably innate racists, but they are in the closet. They will deny it to no end. Common sense exposes them, continual negativity exposes them, perception exposes them. They can't sleep at night knowing there is a Black man in the White House. These people writhe in anger because they are afraid. Having a Black President has brought out one thing about our country, Racial Hate lives.

Are you implying that Republicans advocate slavery? Ya know, despite the fact that the Republican Party was founded in opposition to slavery and all...

Also, Republican opposition to Obama isn't bias. Was Democratic opposition to Bush bias?

Let me ask you a question. If Herman Cain were president, and Democrats opposed him from the start (which they would), would they be racists?
Clarko95 📚💰📈
Clarko95
YaBB God
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -5.61, S: -1.96

« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2013, 10:08:39 PM »

Is this a troll thread? C'mon, racial politics is so outdated and boring.
Deus Naturae
Deus naturae
YaBB God
Croatia

« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2013, 10:09:18 PM »

I kinda get the impression that the OP is trying to make fun of people who claim that conservatives/Obama-critics are racist.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2013, 12:32:40 AM »

Most of today's racists aren't in the closet, but have just moved on to more acceptable targets.

Things that are acceptable to say about Muslims today will be viewed as horrifying examples of racism 20-30 years from now.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2013, 11:36:19 AM »

That's probably what it was. I highly doubt the actual number of racists or racism in general is going up.

The white racist doesn't have as much trouble with the street thug who deals drugs and pimps women as he would say. That sort can easily be put behind bars for a very long time when the opportunity arises -- and it usually arises. Neither does he have a problem with the token, a black person who sells out other blacks for a chance to live well for slight but highly- visible work by showing that an organization that gives few blacks opportunities or stands clearly against the interests of most black people isn't racist.

The competent black person who shows himself the equal of the white man is the problem to the white person who doesn't want his white daughter to have a mixed-race child.  As a professional peer the competent black man is a threat to a 'white' heritage -- whatever that is. Now what is that 'white' heritage?   
unclesammysays
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2013, 03:03:05 PM »
« Edited: October 17, 2013, 08:54:35 AM by unclesammysays »

John Boehner and most Republicans are full of it. They need someone to use a plunger on them.
So far the ones that disagree with the claim that there are Closet Racists in the Republican Party and society are in Denial. You can't talk your way out of it. Use all the intelectual language you want. You continue to have problems with your own racism and  can't accept the truth. You keep accusing others of using the race card because you just don't want to deal with it. Tough. It needs to be shoved down your throat verbally. You have to endure the sins of your Fathers and Granfathers. Tough. Every Black person should let you know. Go ahead and use my own words as you usually do to criticize this post. You can't be original. The Closet Racist exists today and is a Coward. They are still fighting the Civil War. They can't sleep at night knowing there is a Black man in Office. More and more non whites are coming into the country and someday the tables will be turned. Tough. You criticize the President because you don't like him because he is Black. I m putting it perspective, There are Many people that are Closet Racists, Many. No one knows how many. But it is so obvious. These people are so afraid of Blacks and Minorities that they keep their traps shut in front of them.Cowards.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2013, 03:50:04 PM »

Yeah, f[inks] Whitie!

Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2013, 04:01:59 PM »

Agreed. Whitey is terrible and responsible for A) the Tea Party and B) this mess.
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2013, 05:16:40 PM »

Remember kids: not all Republicans are racist, but all racists are Republican.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies