Nader Fails to Make Oregon Ballot (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 02:37:35 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  Nader Fails to Make Oregon Ballot (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Nader Fails to Make Oregon Ballot  (Read 3367 times)
angus
Atlas Icon
« on: April 06, 2004, 12:08:57 PM »

He's done a lot of good for consumers and to top it off, he helped to elect a great leader (President Bush) for our country!  Thank you Ralph!... even know you didn't intend to help with that last bit Smiley

I have never believed that he did not intend to help with that.

Anyway, this is certainly good news for Kerry supporters.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2004, 11:44:22 AM »

Don't worry, he'll get the signatures he needs. Did you all ever hear of his book, "Unsafe at any Speed". That book changed the auto industry and safety standards.

I'm glad there's at least one person who recognizes his accomplishments.

I notice the irony too:  Democrats impugn a man who has devoted his life to consumer activism, corporate-fraud exposition, public safety, and environmental awareness.  Meanwhile Republicans welcome his entry into the race.  As has been observed in this forum many times, the parties sure are a'changing.  Except for that old constant, national pride, which resides still within the GOP.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2004, 11:49:10 AM »

Thank you angus Smiley

And as for national pride, I dunno. I've never been "proud" to be an American. Why would you be proud of being born in a specific country? I believe I'm an extremely lucky, fortunate, and blessed to be an American, but I'm not really proud.

I have scant evidence of vestigial catholocism in my persona.  You can bet your bottom dollar I have absolutely no qualms with sheer pride.  I never really bought into that one anyway.  
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2004, 04:59:51 PM »

From the Op-Ed section of today's Times:

To the Editor:

Re "For Ralph Nader, but Not for President," by Howard Dean (Op-Ed, April 12):

I worked actively in Dr. Dean's campaign, motivated largely by his willingness to speak his mind. This alone set him apart from any recent Democratic candidate.

Ralph Nader is not the problem. The Democratic Party is the problem. Who among us is not uneasy with the Bush administration?

Let Mr. Nader express his own views and policies, and let anyone who feels that he is a good candidate vote for him. It's a free country, isn't it?  

MARCY TELLES
San Rafael, Calif., April 12, 2004

Ah, yeah.  California:  Where the Republicans are Republicans and the Democrats are too.  Man it's nice out here on the edge of western civilization.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2004, 12:54:48 PM »

And so are the Devils..

Flyers 3 - Forces of Evil 1

Cheesy

you're not predisposed to non-gloating pacts either, I see
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies