Republicans rally with hate group at WWII memorial
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 05:19:57 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Republicans rally with hate group at WWII memorial
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Republicans rally with hate group at WWII memorial  (Read 3890 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2013, 10:15:51 PM »

I hate to tell you guys this, but in the military, you are suppose to disobey an illegal order.  http://usmilitary.about.com/cs/militarylaw1/a/obeyingorders.htm

Second,  I'm sure some WWII still have hard feelings against the Nazis, but I would not class them as a hate group.

In their universe, anything Obama does and anything not explicitly sanctioned by the Tea Party is illegal.

There was at least one guy who sued against deployment to Afghanistan on the grounds that Obama is an invalid Command-in-Chief (Birther) and thus all military orders were null and void. Obviously went nowhere but I don't think it's a stretch to assume that there are Birthers in this group.

And of course no one thinks any of the illegal orders they are promising to disobey will even get issued unless you're a black helicopter nutcase.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2013, 10:53:30 PM »

I hate to tell you guys this, but in the military, you are suppose to disobey an illegal order.  http://usmilitary.about.com/cs/militarylaw1/a/obeyingorders.htm

Second,  I'm sure some WWII still have hard feelings against the Nazis, but I would not class them as a hate group.

In their universe, anything Obama does and anything not explicitly sanctioned by the Tea Party is illegal.

There was at least one guy who sued against deployment to Afghanistan on the grounds that Obama is an invalid Command-in-Chief (Birther) and thus all military orders were null and void. Obviously went nowhere but I don't think it's a stretch to assume that there are Birthers in this group.

And of course no one thinks any of the illegal orders they are promising to disobey will even get issued unless you're a black helicopter nutcase.

sure, no rational person expects that the government will ever be involved in warrantless surveillance, detention without trial, seizure of private property without due process, or anything like that...
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #27 on: October 15, 2013, 10:57:43 PM »

I'm talking about the Obama declaring martial law and rounding up people into camps nonsense one of the founds blathered about.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2013, 12:36:25 AM »

Robert Costa noted that these rallies intensifies the echo chamber around the hard-right in Congress. People like Gohmert, King, Bachmann, Mulvaney, ect. see these protests and think that they're winning the PR war against the Democrats.

Also reminds me of this recent Onion article:

http://www.theonion.com/articles/tea-party-congressman-listens-to-constituent-who-w,34218/
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies