Wolfentoad Memorial Liberal Courthouse, Pacific Justice Bacon King Presiding
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 08:49:06 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Wolfentoad Memorial Liberal Courthouse, Pacific Justice Bacon King Presiding
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Wolfentoad Memorial Liberal Courthouse, Pacific Justice Bacon King Presiding  (Read 3815 times)
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 16, 2013, 07:51:18 PM »
« edited: October 16, 2013, 07:53:42 PM by Bacon King »

As the DECIDER OF ALL of the Pacific Region, this thread shall serve as my office.

Here is the portion of the Third Pacific Constitution from which my power is derived:

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2013, 08:18:47 PM »
« Edited: October 16, 2013, 08:22:49 PM by Bacon King »

LIBERAL COURT JUDGEMENT BK0001: In re "The New Protect Our Forests Act"

I. "The New Protect Our Forests Act" states, in part:

Later sections of the law direct the Pacific government tp either sell the seized property or to retain it indefinitely as a preserve, depending on its acreage.

II. The Pacific Constitution states, in Article II, Section 2, Clause 12:

The aforementioned law requires private property to be taken for public use (income from the subsequent property sale or the use as a nature preserve) without any compensation.

IT IS DECIDED:

The clause of the law pertaining to property seizure are hereby rendered void due to their unconstitutionality. The Pacific Region is hereby ordered to immediately cease and desist all land seizures pursuant to this provision. Furthermore, the Pacific Region shall immediately return all such property to its original owner, or where already resold, the original owner shall be compensated at full market value for the property.

BACON KING, THE PACIFIC JUSTICE OF THE LIBERAL COURT, THE DECIDER OF ALL
President Tyrion
TyrionTheImperialist

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2013, 08:25:56 PM »

May we assume that this is now the text of the bill?
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2013, 08:33:05 PM »

That is correct!
PJ
Politics Junkie
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2013, 04:15:56 PM »

FYI, the Voting Booth for the Special Election must be opened Noon Central Time November 7th.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2013, 02:42:11 PM »

FYI, the Voting Booth for the Special Election must be opened Noon Central Time November 7th.

Article IV specifies that elections should begin at noon Pacific Time so the booth opens in 19 minutes. Nevertheless, it's up now Smiley
PJ
Politics Junkie
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2013, 08:36:25 PM »

Article IV specifies that elections should begin at noon Pacific Time so the booth opens in 19 minutes. Nevertheless, it's up now Smiley
Apologies, I misread.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2013, 08:37:04 AM »

notice: due to an unexpectedly busy work schedule (I had to work two shifts yesterday to cover someone having a baby and then I came home and went to sleep and now I'm waking up and about to go back to work) I'll be unable to certify the vote until about twelve hours from now. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2013, 12:34:38 AM »

There's probably a more proper way to do this, but I'm doing y'all a favor, so I don't really care.  When you guys fixed Section 1, clause 2, you failed to also fix clause 3, which references "The Superior Court".  That should probably get fixed...
President Tyrion
TyrionTheImperialist

« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2013, 01:39:47 AM »

There's probably a more proper way to do this, but I'm doing y'all a favor, so I don't really care.  When you guys fixed Section 1, clause 2, you failed to also fix clause 3, which references "The Superior Court".  That should probably get fixed...

It actually did come up a while ago, but I assume it'll just have to wait for the new constitution at this point. Thanks for bringing the matter up; I had actually forgotten.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2013, 11:27:37 PM »

NEW SPECIAL ELECTION FOR GOVERNOR WILL BE HELD STARTING AT NOON PACIFIC TIME ON FRIDAY THE FIFTEENTH.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2013, 11:30:39 PM »

NEW SPECIAL ELECTION FOR GOVERNOR WILL BE HELD STARTING AT NOON PACIFIC TIME ON FRIDAY THE FIFTEENTH.

I know cinci resigned but since there was an injunction, isn't that whole thing invalid and we are still in an electoral dispute?
President Tyrion
TyrionTheImperialist

« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2013, 11:32:30 PM »

I know cinci resigned but since there was an injunction, isn't that whole thing invalid and we are still in an electoral dispute?

Couldn't he just retroactively lift the injunction upon himself to carry through to the certification of the vote?
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2013, 11:34:32 PM »

Couldn't he just retroactively lift the injunction upon himself to carry through to the certification of the vote?

I don't know this is kind of a mess at this point and not at all what I expected...
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2013, 11:35:15 PM »

I mean it was a mess to start with but if its found that Cinci won I certainly would want to see him take office
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2013, 04:08:34 PM »

LIBERAL COURT JUDGEMENT BK0003:

The administrator opened the booth an hour late so as PACIFIC JUSTICE OF THE LIBERAL COURT, DECIDER OF ALL I hereby proclaim an injunction to keep the booth open an hour longer than it normally would've been (so it will still be open for 72 hours).
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2013, 11:13:38 PM »

bump
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2014, 06:36:11 PM »

IN RE PROJECT MANAGER OF OPERATION SAVE THE PACIFIC (BK0007)

I. President Duke has appointed Supreme Court Justice Oakvale to be Project Manager of Operation Save the Pacific, to have special authority as determined by the Senate.

II. The ongoing regional crisis is continuing to infringe upon Pacific citizens' rights to a capable and effective government. In addition, the economic damage that would come from failing to qualify for offered stimulus funds would place significant economic hardship on many Pacificans; this financial burden would unduly hinder their abilities to make their own choices in life, which is specifically enumerated in the Pacific Bill of Rights.

III. However, there is an issue of Federalism at hand. To adhere to the Federal constitution, The authority Oakvale is to have over the Pacific must ultimately originate within the regional government.

IT IS DECIDED:

1. The Pacific Region in its entirety is hereby placed in an indefinite State of Emergency.

2. For the duration of this state of Emergency, a Special Project Manager as appointed by the President shall have full authority to act in any manner he deems most effective to promote the recovery of the Pacific Region.

2.a. Justice Oakvale is recognized as currently appointed Special Project Manager.
2.b. Special Project Manager shall not be an Office of Government for the Federal Dual Office Clause.

3. The Special Project Manager shall have Executive Order authority equal to the Governor's for the duration of the state of Emergency, and may temporarily void, nullify, and amend any regional law, executive order, statute, or Constitutional provision found in the first four articles of the Pacific Constitution.

4. For any actions to become permanent beyond the cessation of the State of Emergency, they must be ratified into law by proper Constitutional procedure no later than fifteen days following the end of the State of Emergency.

5. During the State of Emergency, the authority of the Special Project Manager shall only be limited by: Federal law, Federal executive order, or judicial order.

6. The State of Emergency shall be ended only by: Senate resolution, Federal executive order, judicial order, or a unanimous act of the Pacific Council signed by the Pacific Governor.

IT IS RESOLVED,

BACON KINGMAN, PACIFIC JUSTICE OF THE LIBERAL COURT, THE DECIDER OF ALL
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2014, 07:10:16 PM »

Sounds good to me.

I'll be around if needed.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2014, 04:44:42 PM »
« Edited: January 10, 2014, 04:48:21 PM by Oakvale »

IN RE PROJECT MANAGER OF OPERATION SAVE THE PACIFIC (BK0007)

5. During the State of Emergency, the authority of the Special Project Manager shall only be limited by: Federal law, Federal executive order, or judicial order.

Well he's already violated that any number of times, but guess what? He's on the Supreme Court! I guess Duke covered the bases on this one.

On the contrary, if there's an instance in which an action taken violates federal law it will simply not take effect. No harm done. As you can imagine a radical program that had to be developed at such an urgent speed inevitably will fall afoul of some regulations.
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2014, 07:00:03 AM »
« Edited: June 24, 2014, 07:02:59 AM by DemPGH, Pres.-elect »

Dear Mr. Kingman:

This thread reminds me of the dark days of inactivity and revolutions and takeovers. Tongue

It's just that much more exciting that things have picked up in recent months. Nonetheless, we require your services for the following task. Cranberry at this time assumes control as Acting Governor. Pursuant to III.8:

Let me know if you have any questions, and thank you!

Kind Regards,
DemPGH, Pres.-elect
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2014, 07:29:06 AM »

Mr Kingman,
Are you going to schedule an election?
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2014, 09:52:24 PM »

NOTICE: In approximately 72 hours and 8 minutes an election shall commence, starting at 10 PM Forum Time on June 30th. Due to statutory limitations, candidates must declare by 7 AM Forum Time on June 30th because I have to open the voting booth by that time (I will keep it locked until the election begins).

Given my lax case load as of late I haven't been paying very close attention every day; in the future I request a PM for a much more rapid response Smiley
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2014, 02:50:41 PM »

I have concerns that the Pacific Judicial Reform Act is in direct conflict with the Regional Constitution:

[/quote]

and this is from Article V of the Constitution:

The establishment of a lower court with primary jurisdiction arguably contravene's Section 2's requirement that the "Justice shall.. arbitrate in all disputes of a legal nature that occur within the Pacific" and I find nothing in the Constitution that allows the Pacific Council to create lower courts.

I would appreciate input on this before I move forward with a potential judgement, especially since it is related to the power I currently hold and I would appreciate there be no appearance of a conflict of interest.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2014, 03:10:38 PM »

I am at present uncertain of the exact extent of the governor's executive power authority and Constitutionally if someone wishes to contest the legitimacy of its use here I will dutifully begin proceedings, but absent that occurring I believe this is sufficient for now

Executive Order 08-03

The Office of the Recovery is directed to suspend the Superior Court Act of 2014, as a result of the concerns raised by the Pacific Justice. I will decide, with input from various persons, whether the situation is best served by a constitutional amendment or the maintenance of the present arrangement.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies