Wolfentoad Memorial Liberal Courthouse, Pacific Justice Bacon King Presiding (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 10:42:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Wolfentoad Memorial Liberal Courthouse, Pacific Justice Bacon King Presiding (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Wolfentoad Memorial Liberal Courthouse, Pacific Justice Bacon King Presiding  (Read 3872 times)
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« on: August 26, 2014, 10:31:27 AM »

I completely fail to see the Federal Government's interest in the matter. Anyway, the law has been suspended.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2014, 10:41:56 AM »

Fair enough. I would not object, actually.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2014, 01:44:57 PM »

I damn well object!
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2014, 02:14:01 PM »

http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-ferguson-protests-020140816-story.html#page=1

I am just starting.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2014, 11:52:41 AM »

The Justice may deem this segment of Executive Order 10-11 my formal response:

Executive Order 10-11

[...]

The state of martial law is lifted as there exists no statute or constitutional provision, regional or federal, detailing such a state of law; the declaration did not affect any actual change in law enforcement or any other facet of governance. The general state of emergency (as provided for in the Patriation of the Pacific Recovery Act 2014) is maintained.

The provisions of this order, and prior orders dealing with the regulation of public gatherings, are in conformance with the principle that government may regulate the time, place, and manner of expression, as established through legal precedent (cf. Police Dept. of Chicago v. Mosley, Ward v. Rock Against Racism).

The curfew is likewise maintained, as it is conforms with the established precedent of a compelling state interest, such as when a region has been ravaged by a natural disaster, or when its safety and welfare are otherwise threatened (as it is now), permitting their imposition (cf. Zemel v. Rusk).

The activation of units of the Pacific National Guard and the Pacific Defence Force, as part of the regional militia as opposed as a part of the Armed Forces, to maintain the public order, protect public utilities and infrastructure, and secure government offices and facilities, is well within the rights of the Governor as the commander-in chief of the regional National Guard and a state/regional defense force. As per the the Pacific Constitution, forces may be deployed during "public rebellion or in the interests of public safety", which applies to the present situation.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies