Who is the most Christian Democratic poster on Atlas?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 02:57:16 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Who is the most Christian Democratic poster on Atlas?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Who is the most Christian Democratic poster on Atlas?  (Read 1819 times)
Swedish Rainbow Capitalist Cheese
JOHN91043353
YaBB God
Sweden

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2013, 05:57:53 PM »

The fact that Nathan is queer is probably the only thing stopping him from backsliding into the depths of traditional conservative Anglicanism.

I thought Nathan was asexual? Or am I confusing him with another red Massachusetts avatar? 
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2013, 06:28:10 PM »

The fact that Nathan is queer is probably the only thing stopping him from backsliding into the depths of traditional conservative Anglicanism.

I thought Nathan was asexual? Or am I confusing him with another red Massachusetts avatar? 

Nathan is trans* and asexual (i believe, though i probably am wrong)
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2013, 06:56:24 PM »

This one's a bit of a toughie. Mung Beans, Miles and Shua all spring to mind.

My views could be considered largely an odd mix of libertarianism and Christian democracy, but I don't think I could be considered "the most" of either.  How about yourself?  Or TJ?

I think TJ and I are both too socially conservative to be Christian Democrats as the ideology is currently practised. We'd both fit in well in historical parties of that persuasion though. (Ex: Zentrum in Germany or the Anti-Revolutionaries in the Netherlands)
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2013, 08:52:46 PM »

I think your wrong on the first one.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2013, 09:02:47 PM »

After tonight, definitely not.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #30 on: October 17, 2013, 09:46:29 PM »
« Edited: October 18, 2013, 12:04:56 AM by asexual trans victimologist »

I think your wrong on the first one.

I'm non-cis but beyond that really not sure at this point (and don't wish to elaborate, at least not right now), which is part of why I've started trying to identify myself using habitual verbs instead of adjectives.

afleitch is probably more right than I'd be willing to admit in other company, although I'd add that it also has to do with my social circle.
Lurker
Norway
« Reply #31 on: October 19, 2013, 04:56:49 AM »

My views could be considered largely an odd mix of libertarianism and Christian democracy, but I don't think I could be considered "the most" of either.  How about yourself?  Or TJ?

I think TJ and I are both too socially conservative to be Christian Democrats as the ideology is currently practised. We'd both fit in well in historical parties of that persuasion though. (Ex: Zentrum in Germany or the Anti-Revolutionaries in the Netherlands)

You might fit in pretty well with the Scandinavian Christian Democratic parties though, as these are more socially conservative, and with much larger emphasis on religious issues, than the "continental" ones.  The Norwegian Christian People's Party for instance has as a principle that you must be a declared Christian to hold positions in the party, something which is clearly not the case in a "broad tent" like the CDU.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #32 on: October 19, 2013, 06:26:21 PM »

All time most Christian Dem poster: Dave "Demo" Hawk Smiley
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« Reply #33 on: October 19, 2013, 07:45:47 PM »

I don't even get a mention? Tongue
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #34 on: October 19, 2013, 08:23:16 PM »

You might fit in pretty well with the Scandinavian Christian Democratic parties though, as these are more socially conservative, and with much larger emphasis on religious issues, than the "continental" ones.  The Norwegian Christian People's Party for instance has as a principle that you must be a declared Christian to hold positions in the party, something which is clearly not the case in a "broad tent" like the CDU.

Yeah, that sort of Christian Democracy would make me feel right at home.

You're back Cheesy Yeah you're in the running at least.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #35 on: October 21, 2013, 03:18:04 AM »

BRTD
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies