VA-NBC/Marist: McAuliffe up 8
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 12:10:10 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections
  2023 & Odd Year Gubernatorial Election Polls (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  VA-NBC/Marist: McAuliffe up 8
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: VA-NBC/Marist: McAuliffe up 8  (Read 4898 times)
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 17, 2013, 11:27:20 PM »

Article.

McAuliffe- 46%
Cuccinelli- 38%
Sarvis- 9%
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2013, 12:11:14 AM »

Dominating.
T-Mac and his army of black moochers and lazy union members are marching to Richmond.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2013, 12:30:05 AM »

Barring a last minute McAuliffe scandal being revealed (which sadly strikes me as somewhat plausible), it seems the only question will be whether or not he cracks 50%.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2013, 01:32:50 AM »

New Poll: Virginia Governor by Marist College on 2013-10-15

Summary: D: 46%, R: 38%, U: 7%

Poll Source URL: Full Poll Details
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2013, 08:40:28 AM »

Dominating.
T-Mac and his army of black moochers and lazy union members are marching to Richmond.

Isn't he pro-Right to Work?
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2013, 05:13:02 PM »

Barring a last minute McAuliffe scandal being revealed (which sadly strikes me as somewhat plausible), it seems the only question will be whether or not he cracks 50%.

By the time any McAuliffe scandals enter the news cycle, he will already be governor.  

Republicans should take their likely defeat this year as a blessing in disguise. 
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2013, 05:24:42 PM »

Yeah, pretty much the only reason I'm not voting for him is that I don't want to feel responsible if he gets elected and it turns out he was involved in corruption, which is highly likely. Any such revelations would be a millstone around the neck of the Virginia Democratic party in 2014, 2016 and 2017. As always though, I'd love it if I were proved wrong.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2013, 05:33:41 PM »

Why did Virginia Democrats think it was a good idea to run Mcauliffe? He is a sleaze bag and will inevitably found to be corrupted. Of course he is better than kookanelli.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2013, 05:59:30 PM »

Why did Virginia Democrats think it was a good idea to run Mcauliffe?

Because nobody else stepped up.
Warren 4 Secretary of Everything
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -4.70

« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2013, 06:25:50 PM »

Why did Virginia Democrats think it was a good idea to run Mcauliffe?

Because nobody else stepped up.

^This. The almost universal choice was former Congressman Tom Perriello, but he refused to run. I guess he didn't want to have to compete against T-Mac's massive war chest.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2013, 06:58:57 PM »

By the time any McAuliffe scandals enter the news cycle, he will already be governor.  

Republicans should take their likely defeat this year as a blessing in disguise. 

Yeah, pretty much. Even though McAuliffe will probably end up being toxic and hurting Dems in the long run, he still needs to win just so the depraved Cooch doesn't get in. Too bad Sarvis probably won't become a real contender.
Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2013, 07:48:57 PM »
« Edited: October 18, 2013, 07:50:49 PM by Senator Gass3268 »

I'd take McAuliffe over any lolibertarian or a crazy SoCon
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2013, 09:40:09 PM »

Yeah, pretty much the only reason I'm not voting for him is that I don't want to feel responsible if he gets elected and it turns out he was involved in corruption, which is highly likely. Any such revelations would be a millstone around the neck of the Virginia Democratic party in 2014, 2016 and 2017. As always though, I'd love it if I were proved wrong.

And 2015 -that is when the entire General Assembly is up for election.  And if McAuliffe turns out to be the Democratic version of our current governor (or worse), we could well see Republicans gaining an outright majority in the Senate (in direct contrast to the technical control they have now in that chamber) as well as erasing whatever losses they might experience in the House this year. 
PolitiJunkie

« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2013, 01:13:38 AM »

And 2015 -that is when the entire General Assembly is up for election.  And if McAuliffe turns out to be the Democratic version of our current governor (or worse), we could well see Republicans gaining an outright majority in the Senate (in direct contrast to the technical control they have now in that chamber) as well as erasing whatever losses they might experience in the House this year. 

That's such a great way to describe McAuliffe; I can't believe that hasn't been said before.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2013, 03:33:15 AM »

He's under investigation, not guilty!
morgieb
Junior Chimp
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -8.70

« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2013, 07:23:09 AM »

Dominating.

Isn't he pro-Right to Work?
If so...urgh.
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2013, 11:14:01 AM »

McAuliffe strikes me more as a hack than a crook, and he's actually a good fit for NOVA (which likes to think of itself as Mark Warner, but really is more Terry McAuliffe).  He'll probably always be tainted by the less than stellar character of some of the people he raises money from, but the odds of him doing something so grafty and stupid as McConnell seem pretty low to me.  By all accounts I've read, he's worked very hard since 2009 doing all the bricks and mortar stuff needed to run a successful campaign and god knows he can raise money.

And for all the whippersnappers whining about this race, it's a shame you didn't get to experience the Edwin Edwards-David Duke race, where the unofficial motto was "Vote for the Crook, It's Important" (Of course, David Duke was a crook too, but...).  That was like walking uphill in snow to school, both ways.
DS0816
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2013, 02:22:17 PM »

Does the poll account for Republican-initiated voter purges?

IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2013, 02:25:29 PM »

That's such a great way to describe McAuliffe; I can't believe that hasn't been said before.

I think "the Democratic Romney" fits better. He won't even release his tax returns!
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2013, 02:37:23 PM »

I think "the Democratic Romney" fits better. He won't even release his tax returns!

MCauliffe actually released his 2012 return and at least he had the common sense to actually pay taxes for that year (tax rate of 33%) unlike  Romney's 13%.
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2013, 10:07:05 PM »

McAuliffe strikes me more as a hack than a crook

ding ding ding

Everyone fretting about a Governor McAuliffe should calm down. He's not Rod Blagojevich 2.0; he's just a career party operative. No, he'll never be Mark Warner or even Tim Kaine, but he'll do fine as Governor. If his poll numbers start to lag he'll just reinvent himself like the Clintons do whenever the circumstances call for it.

I'd also like to remind everyone where we were four years ago when that idiot Deeds was two weeks away from being massacred by a man whose most impressive quality was his hair. Be thankful you have a nominee this year who is capable of raising money and running an actual campaign, and who is from a part of the state where people actually live.
CnstutnlCnsrvatv
ConstitutionalConservativ
Rookie

« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2013, 02:46:00 PM »

this is proabably just the bradley affect because mcaullife is so close with hillary and they dont want t oseem sexist im sure cucinelli will win by a lot because he loved the constitution and so do the people of virginia it is a consertvative state and he will win because virginia may have voted obama but that doesnt mean they just want to throw away their love for god, and their rights to second amendment and not be forced into homosexual relationships by the govt
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2013, 03:08:25 PM »

this is proabably just the bradley affect because mcaullife is so close with hillary and they dont want t oseem sexist im sure cucinelli will win by a lot because he loved the constitution and so do the people of virginia it is a consertvative state and he will win because virginia may have voted obama but that doesnt mean they just want to throw away their love for god, and their rights to second amendment and not be forced into homosexual relationships by the govt

You must be from the intellectual wing of the Republican party.
CnstutnlCnsrvatv
ConstitutionalConservativ
Rookie

« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2013, 07:21:39 PM »

You must be from the intellectual wing of the Republican party.

WRONG! "intellctual" is just a code word for dumb liberal professors brainwashing potential future constitutinoal conservatives! there is no denying that she bradley effect is playing a role here cause pekpeele dont wanna seem sexist to haillary clinton by voting against mcauliffee, you dont knoweed to be a communist profesor to know that!
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2013, 07:37:01 PM »

Round of applause for the moderators, clearly doing their job preventing bad posters from posting.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies