Update for Everyone II - Less Boring, More Whoring (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:31:42 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone II - Less Boring, More Whoring (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Update for Everyone II - Less Boring, More Whoring  (Read 132008 times)
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« on: March 06, 2014, 11:14:37 PM »

Watching Rambo III. This is a pretty awesome flick. Need some more "loosening agent". I'm running low, though.

Loosening Agent?

= Pot?

Alcohol. A friend of mine used this phrase, I was hoping it was universal.

Ah, I see. Sorry.

No problem.

And Scott, do you really count "working from home" as your "first job"?

I'm pretty sure than the IRS counts that as employment.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2014, 12:13:45 AM »

Yikes, if she's the sort to get herself pregnant I'd say run away. But then again, I'm in no position to give advice on this, and my sole action ever has been to run away and hide, so...

Oh I don't think she's that type; I'm just being paranoid. She's on birth control, or so she says.

Let us know if there's a Lil' Duke running around in ~9 months.

If the baby is running in 9 months, the girl is not from Earth.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2014, 03:42:14 PM »

Please don't do your grad school at the same place as your undergrad school.

Why not?

Teaching attendents already said then prospective employers prefers when the people they hire were exposed to two different schools (the mentality/focus is often different from one school to another).
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2014, 09:42:55 PM »

Please don't do your grad school at the same place as your undergrad school.

Why not?

Teaching attendents already said then prospective employers prefers when the people they hire were exposed to two different schools (the mentality/focus is often different from one school to another).

To some extent this depends on the field. It may not hold as true for a professional program like veterinary school. There are barely more than two dozen programs in the entire country, so I would expect the admissions process to be idiosyncratic.

Vet schools are indeed quite different. In Quebec, there is only 1 and four in English Canada. Health isn't in the same schemes than hard science.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2014, 08:33:22 PM »

The last two weeks have been just "great". Working nine to ten hour days at a place about 45 minutes away, getting 4 hours of sleep on good nights, still having a chronic cough, and now another wisdom tooth is popping in, making my right jaw swollen and feeling like sh#t. Meanwhile, my roommate and the Housing Chair is in sort of a death-match with another member of our pledge class who has great differences with him but wants to move in for work-related reasons. Thus, it's a war on two fronts. Both, of course, want me to take their side and all that crap. Both are guilty of horrible atrocities against the protagonist (me) in various forms, but both are as well my friends. Whenever I try to mediate their disputes, it isn't about wanting them to get along, it's about self preservation; if I have to hear them yelling one more time, either I or at least one of them will be dead. Probably gonna have to just take a week off at home so I can visit a few doctors regarding various issues and actually get some sleep.

No offense, Cath, but what do you think being an adult with a full-time job is going to be like? You just described a typical day in the life of Indy.

America hasn't adopted the 40-hours week?
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2014, 11:10:31 PM »

I leave to go take the bar tomorrow. At this point, I'm so exhausted I am just happy it will be all over on Wednesday night one way or the other.

Do people celebrate taking the bar by going to a bar?
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2014, 04:05:06 PM »

Tried dealing with the finance/awards people at the university. These people are the worst and should be shot. Incompetent domkops.

I will be glad to take a break from this dump in a few months time.

University bureaucracy is always useless. Mine had offices with silly opening hours (9AM to 11AM, Monday to Thusday) and loved to say than it wasn't their job and go to at another university office.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2014, 02:06:49 AM »

You guys really oughta be more concerned about my cat.

Tongue

Really, knowing this forum, you really expected people to focus on something else than your sexuality?
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2014, 05:34:12 PM »

I'm very unaware of gender theory, but does "gender-presentation transition" means we should now address you as female?
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2014, 11:03:35 PM »

About to go to the first "real" party in my life at Waltham.

There is real people there? I was in Waltham last week and it seemed to be only hotels and stores. Not a real city.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2014, 06:39:44 PM »

The actor in the movies is.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2014, 03:28:24 AM »

I rushed that post because someone seemingly came through so I went to talk to him. I'd say he was way too high to provide meaningful insights but his constant intonation of "just relax" was not terribly different from what anyone else would have been able to tell me, I think...

Again no one should feel obligated to read any of this.

We are all surprised you didn't denounced him to the police.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies