Update for Everyone II - Less Boring, More Whoring (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:18:08 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone II - Less Boring, More Whoring (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Update for Everyone II - Less Boring, More Whoring  (Read 132003 times)
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« on: December 09, 2013, 08:01:17 AM »

So... I started working on my paper (due by Sunday) on Saturday at around 11PM, worked all night long, took a nap between 11AM and noon, then went back working up until around 7PM.

Then I slept over 12 hours.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2013, 07:57:36 AM »

I had a bad fight with my best friend and it was almost entirely my fault.

So sorry to hear that. I have experienced a few situations pretty close to this, and I know how terrible it feels. Although I'm sure you don't need my advice, I think you should try to reestablish contact as soon as possible - and, most important, don't hesitate to apologize.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2013, 11:17:41 AM »

I'm finally done with all my papers for the semester! Cheesy

This has been a hell of a busy month.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2014, 08:55:44 AM »

I got a very nice New Years text from a girl I barely know and haven't really spoken with at all since she left my school last year. Somehow (I never had the chance to tell her, keep in mind) she knew how absolutely horrible the year 2013 was for me and sent me her best wishes for 2014.  I got the text at 5:58 AM, and it made my day. I’m still kinda wondering if she sent it to the wrong person or something, because it was so out of the blue Tongue.

You reply to it?
I sent a thank you/Happy New Year text back later in the day (I didn’t actually open and respond to the text until like 4:00 PM because I was busy, but I read it on my screen when it first popped up), and she read it but didn't respond. I know her well enough to know that her not responding wasn't an act of scorn, however. Usually my social anxiety kicks in and I obsess on why the other person didn’t respond, but that wasn’t the case tonight.

That type of thing happened to me, especially with chicks. Scary stuff.

Happens to me all the time, as well. When I get no response, I always assume the worst.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2014, 06:41:17 AM »

Have a crazy inksload of work this semester.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2014, 01:55:25 PM »

Got my first semester results, and my grades range from 13,5 (decent) to 18 (excellent) so it's a little step forward.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2014, 11:56:49 AM »

Prefacing that I have no idea what you guys are talking about in the specifics, I'd tend to think Traininthedistance is right. If one is playing a game, they should do all they can to win it as long as they respect the rules.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2014, 06:05:49 PM »

I got my undergraduate diploma in the mail today. Backdated to February 1. So that part of my life is officially over, I suppose.

Believe it or not, I still haven't received mine. And I'm well into my second graduate semester. Tongue
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2014, 05:46:40 AM »

Well, it would be hard to be less vague than that.

I'm sorry but there really isn't that much more that I'm comfortable explaining. There's somebody in my life about whom I have very strong and complicated feelings, and because sex is off the table even as an abstract concept I have a hard time identifying what does and does not constitute romantic feeling. The circumstances of my relationship with this person make it pointedly preferable that the feelings not be romantic.

You gave me precious advice when I was in a somewhat similar situation, so I owe you the same. I am not, obviously, in a position to give worthwhile advice on this subject, but I hope it can still help you a bit.

IMO, the only worthwhile question is whether the feeling is reciprocal. If it is, nothing wrong should come out of it (I know things are sometime more complicated than that, but still, I think it's better to live under the assumptions that things work this way) and you two should go as far as you both wish to. If it's not, but you still have some degree of intimacy with that person, then I think you two should have a frank honest conversation about it. Ambiguity is the single worst thing in those circumstances. Things won't necessarily be fine, but hopefully the person will understand your situation and you will maintain the relationship you had.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2014, 06:32:26 AM »

Apparently the #CancelColbert girl is coming to my school Friday.

I'm all for LGBT equality but I'm not pleased my tuition is going to support this crap

Wait, why are LGBT activists going after Colbert?
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2014, 01:19:11 PM »

I'm all for LGBT equality but I'm not pleased my tuition is going to support this crap

She's speaking at a pro-LGBT conference at my uni about feminism. It's not really an LGBT thing.

I'm completely behind the social justice movement, but I'm not behind juvenile SJW bullsh*t. And if you look at Suey Park's interview, she has the mentality of a SJW.

But again, why would these groups of people have anything against Colbert? He seems pretty clearly to be on the right side of social justice issues.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2014, 11:45:35 AM »

She's speaking at a pro-LGBT conference at my uni about feminism. It's not really an LGBT thing.

I'm completely behind the social justice movement, but I'm not behind juvenile SJW bullsh*t. And if you look at Suey Park's interview, she has the mentality of a SJW.

But again, why would these groups of people have anything against Colbert? He seems pretty clearly to be on the right side of social justice issues.

This girl started the #CancelColbert hashtag because he (in character obviously) made a racist joke against Asians on his show, to mock the Redskins owner trying to deflect criticism of his racist team name and mascot by donating some money to some Native American foundation. The show's Twitter (which of course is not made by Colbert himself) retweeted the joke but with the context missing it sounded worse than it actually was. It was deleted but that wasn't enough for her and a couple of her colleagues who started the campaign. Backlash resulted, mostly just laughing at her but of course there was a little bit of sexist and racist comments which she cherry picked to highlight and prove she was right all along. All around stupidity ensues.

Uggggh...
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2014, 12:56:03 PM »

Afleitch > Dubya. Grin
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2014, 06:14:07 AM »

Got drunk for the first time in my life yesterday! That was amazing. Cheesy
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2014, 10:25:44 AM »

Got drunk for the first time in my life yesterday! That was amazing. Cheesy

You can't have been that drunk or you wouldn't be so enthused today... Smiley

Nah, I didn't go too hard on it, I'm reasonable enough. Wink But I most definitely was drunk - I think my friends could testify. Tongue
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2014, 01:06:15 PM »

I'm 21. Pretty ironic that I waited for the US drinking age even though I live in Europe, isn't it? Tongue
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2014, 06:59:45 PM »

I just kind of snapped at my brother today, and I'm not supposed to since he has aspergers and I don't want to make him more distrustful of people, and I just said a lot of things that I should have never said.

what the hell is wrong with me

What prompted that? I mean, having Aspergers myself, I know we can really act like dicks sometimes. Tongue If your brother knows you love him, he should be fine. Just give him a full, sincere apology and a good hug. Smiley
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2014, 06:16:03 PM »

I've lost like 10 pounds, but I don't feel any different. That is, I still feel rather... lumpy. I wonder how much I need to lose to start seeing a difference. I mean, there can't be that many pounds stuck in my gut?

I'm going through the same thing right now. I lost about 8kg over the past 8 months, but I don't really see much visible change yet. Granted, I'd need to lose 8 more to return to the normal weight I had until early 2013.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2014, 02:38:15 PM »

All right, right after seeing the team I support getting kicked out of the World Cup in a dreadfully frustrating game, I have just seen what happens to the character in my sig. I think my day is made. Tongue
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2014, 07:37:37 PM »

I just won't get more than 4.0 in my GRE essay part. That's frustrating, but at least I have good verbal and quantitative scores.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2014, 08:31:43 PM »

I just won't get more than 4.0 in my GRE essay part. That's frustrating, but at least I have good verbal and quantitative scores.

I screwed up on the essay too. When it displayed the time, I thought that was the amount of time I had for both essays when it was actually the time I had for each one. So I rushed through the first and got to the next one only to see the clock reset itself. Oh well. Still got into the masters programs I applied to.

I had the opposite problem actually. I am very slow at writing (actually, I'm very slow at thinking tbh, which means I'm slow at everything Tongue), and the first time I took the test the time ended when I had a few words left to write... I don't know how bad that was though, and the second time I managed to finish both essays on time, but they probably weren't very good.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2014, 01:44:06 PM »

...left (my heart in) San Francisco, again.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2014, 02:52:32 PM »

...left (my heart in) San Francisco, again.

For some reason I didn't realize you were back there to begin with.

I didn't publicize it quite as much as the previous times.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2014, 09:34:42 AM »

I see nothing wrong with polyamory, and I don't think anyone with sound moral principles could possibly object to it.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2014, 02:59:29 AM »

Oh wow, sorry to hear that. My brother has Lyme's disease.
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies