NC 2016 Gubernatorial Discussion Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 11:20:07 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  NC 2016 Gubernatorial Discussion Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NC 2016 Gubernatorial Discussion Thread  (Read 45479 times)
Dancing with Myself
tb75
YaBB God
United States

« on: November 27, 2013, 03:40:31 AM »

McCory made a fool of himself so far, he needs a solid two years or it won't be pretty in 2016.

I admit I was proud to vote for him in 2012 but I am mega disappointed in him so far. The Voter ID law was strike 1 and the teachers deal with the elimination of tenure is a close strike 2.

A lot of people loves Cooper around here, been elected as AG tons of times with no competition. A state wide Lawyer who is popular in TV ads ran against him in 2008 and he trounced him easy. Cooper would get some moderates out.

The Dems will probably win the State Congress back unless something dramatic happens.
Dancing with Myself
tb75
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2013, 01:36:05 AM »

How he does in the next year will make or break him. The State congress will take a majority of the blame next year if things don't go well, and McCory will have to step his game up the final two years.

I always liked the guy but his decisions have been out there so far.

I wouldn't mind seeing the Dems win the state house though, or at least the Republicans keep their edge but have to shape themselves to the middle. I can dream anyways!

The only real statewide Democrat I like is Cooper. Have been a fan of his since I was a kid.
Dancing with Myself
tb75
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2016, 11:05:41 PM »

The Governor race has me worried. 

I went 100% enthusiastically for Cooper; in fact me and my parents did. All 3 of us hope that he pulls it out because if not it will come down to a BS pick by the state legislature and that will be a nightmare and piss a lot of people off.

Hopefully Cooper's lead will grow on Friday and Pat will have some sense and concede. I doubt the latter will happen though; he'll make it annoying on purpose. UGH.
Dancing with Myself
tb75
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2016, 11:10:49 PM »

Watching my local NBC station in the Piedmont they have been pretty center this election in regards to state politics imo.

They talked about the recount. They had an expert who said most state experts don't expect anything to change if the margin is growing like most think it is. They also mentioned some GOP attorney sued and claimed there were voting irregularities in Durham. The BOE voted 2 to 1 that they agreed but they said according to the news it was only a margin of 40 votes and it wasn't in either the Governor or Presidential race.

So go figure...
Dancing with Myself
tb75
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2016, 11:11:17 PM »

So is it still possible for McCrory to win?   

If McCrory is somehow given the win if he loses the popular vote, I will flip.

What is going on in NC right now is literally the most anti-democratic way any state has been run in 50 years.

Pretty much; it's freighting really.
Dancing with Myself
tb75
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2016, 04:10:50 AM »

[url][http://er.ncsbe.gov/result_map.html?election_dt=11/08/2016&county_id=0/url]

NC BOE's twitter said 70% of the counties or 70 out of 100 is done with it by now; the big counties like Forsyth, Guilford, Wake, and Mecklenburg's still out and got a while the way it look.
Dancing with Myself
tb75
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2016, 02:28:00 PM »

Good riddance.

Well at least he was kind of decent in the concession and decided to be respectful; that's a +.

So excited to see what Roy can do.

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies