Thorough List of Employers Cutting Hours (and Jobs) Due to Obamacare (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 07:26:34 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Thorough List of Employers Cutting Hours (and Jobs) Due to Obamacare (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Thorough List of Employers Cutting Hours (and Jobs) Due to Obamacare  (Read 1737 times)
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« on: October 21, 2013, 05:50:33 PM »

The vast majority of businesses claiming to cut hours because of Obamacare are just using it as a convenient scapegoat.  Remember, the Employer Mandate applies only to businesses of more than 50 employees (95% of which already meet the mandate) and doesn't go into effect until January 2015.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2013, 10:40:02 PM »

LA Times says that the data shows that this idea that Obamacare is resulting in more part-times works is a myth.

http://www.latimes.com/business/hiltzik/la-fi-mh-obamacare-20131022,0,5237220.story

Whether or not Obamacare is resulting in a net-increase in part-time work isn't something I alleged (and it's hard to prove in an economy as fluid as the U.S.'s right now), but it's undisputed that there are employers cutting hours because of Obamacare.

Actually, it's undisputed that employers are cutting hours and blaming it on Obamacare.

Even though it's 2013, and the individual mandate (which only applies to large employers, 95% of which already meet it) doesn't go in effect in 2015.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2013, 12:05:51 PM »

LA Times says that the data shows that this idea that Obamacare is resulting in more part-times works is a myth.

http://www.latimes.com/business/hiltzik/la-fi-mh-obamacare-20131022,0,5237220.story

Whether or not Obamacare is resulting in a net-increase in part-time work isn't something I alleged (and it's hard to prove in an economy as fluid as the U.S.'s right now), but it's undisputed that there are employers cutting hours because of Obamacare.

Actually it is disputed, in that article by the LA Times and the article from the Wall Street Journal. Employers cutting hours because of Obamacare is a right wing talking point myth because we now have facts and data instead of just random anecdotes dug up by the likes of Sean Hannity.

My employer cut our hours for that reason.  It's not just some random anecdote.

You work for one of the 5% of large employers that doesn't provide health insurance?  And instead of providing it,  your employer is just going to cut everyone's hours? I'm sorry for you, but your employer sounds like a dick.

More importantly,  ytf is your employer cutting hours now to comply with a rule that doesn't go into effect for more than 14 months?  Sounds like your employer is cutting hours for his own profit and just blaming it on Obamacare.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2013, 07:04:09 PM »

I mean... you can dispute it, but I've given you an objective first-hand example.  If someone's going to dispute that, they're ignoring facts.

Inks, we all understand that your employer is claiming that he's cutting hours because of Obamacare.  But you're the one who's ignoring the fact that the employer mandate doesn't go into effect until 2015, and Obamacare cannot be blamed for your hours being cut in 2013.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies