Does/can God change His mind?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 10:25:26 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  Does/can God change His mind?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ...
Yes

No

Not sure

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 22

Author Topic: Does/can God change His mind?  (Read 566 times)
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 22, 2013, 10:41:02 PM »

Logically, omnipotence should extend to the power of God to change His mind, but is such an act impossible because God changing His mind would imply that He was, at one point, wrong in judgment?

Does God even have a mind?
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2013, 11:43:49 PM »

Yes.  Indeed, the Old Testament is laden with examples of God changing his mind.  Indeed, the very name of Israel reflects the Hebrew belief in God as being a being who can be argued with and persuaded.  If one views the decisions he reaches when his omniscience shows him the most likely results of man using his free will, then clearly whenever man uses his free will to choose the less expected option, God will have a reason to change his mind.
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: 1.46

P P P

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2013, 05:19:22 PM »

Logically, omnipotence should extend to the power of God to change His mind, but is such an act impossible because God changing His mind would imply that He was, at one point, wrong in judgment?

Does God even have a mind?

Saying that there is a objective "right" and "wrong", and that God must adhere to it, is a pretty large leap of faith and logic. 
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2013, 05:22:28 PM »

My understanding would be "no". Now, how man has interpreted and perceived God could, of course, change. However, if we are discussing God in the sense of the Christian perspective, then no. God, being the Alpha and the Omega and perfect by definition, would either have to move form perfect to imperfect or vice versa in order to change.
GOP_flow_rida
Rookie

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2013, 01:28:25 PM »

Depends on how you define changing your mind. Will God ever come down and say Homosexuality is right? Proably not the scripture states "Jesus Christ was the same yesterday, today, and will be the same tomorrow" God can change his mind though I Guss I mean he runs the show you have to play by his rules. I know for a fact that God has changed his mind for he gave I believe it was Lot many chances to prove a city God was going to condemn that there was good people in it. Even though Lot failed he still persuaded God. My view on it is God can be persuaded, but he is very stubborn and he will never change whats written in the scripture and ten commandments.
bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2013, 02:36:34 PM »

I like how this poll allows you to remove your vote.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2013, 06:51:53 AM »

Though the universal law of "cause and effect". Should you put of positive or negative causes, depending on where your heart is, you can escape poverty or long lasting ills.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies