Why do so many of you like Lieberman so much?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 11:12:51 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Why do so many of you like Lieberman so much?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Why do so many of you like Lieberman so much?  (Read 1340 times)
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 06, 2005, 02:10:31 PM »
« edited: March 06, 2005, 05:46:13 PM by Alcon »

he's just a stupid nanny state whiner who complains about violence in video games and violent music lyrics and actually worries about that crap. Shut up, and let me keep my violent video games.
Bono
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2005, 02:12:29 PM »

Havent we had this thread before?
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2005, 02:19:54 PM »

he's just a stupid nanny state whiner who complains about violence in video games and violent music lyrics and actually worries about that crap. STFU, and let me keep my violent video games.

You sure that's not tipper gore you're talking about?  Because it sure as hell sounds like her.  And her stupid nanny whiner husband as well, for that matter.
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.88, S: 1.59

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2005, 02:32:46 PM »

Lieberman has led a campaign against violence marketed toward children in their movies and video games, and I applaud him for it.

He hasn't suggested making any of it illegal, and neither for that matter did Tipper Gore.  Tipper proposed warning labels to allow parents to make judgments about how appropriate a game or record would be for their children.  I see nothing wrong with that in a society in which parents must fight the popular culture to raise their kids properly.

As for you BRTD, you are technically an adult now, so I don't see what you're worried about.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2005, 02:49:48 PM »

he's just a stupid nanny state whiner who complains about violence in video games and violent music lyrics and actually worries about that crap. STFU, and let me keep my violent video games.

You sure that's not tipper gore you're talking about?  Because it sure as hell sounds like her.  And her stupid nanny whiner husband as well, for that matter.

oh, I strongly dislike her as well.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2005, 02:51:38 PM »

Lieberman has led a campaign against violence marketed toward children in their movies and video games, and I applaud him for it.

He hasn't suggested making any of it illegal, and neither for that matter did Tipper Gore.  Tipper proposed warning labels to allow parents to make judgments about how appropriate a game or record would be for their children.  I see nothing wrong with that in a society in which parents must fight the popular culture to raise their kids properly.

As for you BRTD, you are technically an adult now, so I don't see what you're worried about.

I don't go to high school anymore either, but we all know what I think of school uniforms.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2005, 02:58:07 PM »

I'm not a fan of Lieberman.  I approve of him often stepping out beyond partisan lines but disapprove of how his political essence seems to be all about inserting his morality on everyone else.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2005, 05:43:15 PM »

Go Joe!
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2005, 06:28:18 PM »

Lieberman's a good guy, and has much better morals than most of the RINOs we have in office. 
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2005, 03:39:52 PM »

I don't go to high school anymore either, but we all know what I think of school uniforms.

Maybe you should move on and take on some adult concerns....
Cashcow

« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2005, 03:47:16 PM »

Maybe you should move on and take on some adult concerns....

Minors generally have no voice in political society. We should applaud BRTD for his dedication to an issue that does not affect him, whatever side he may be fighting for.
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2005, 03:52:18 PM »

Minors generally have no voice in political society. We should applaud BRTD for his dedication to an issue that does not affect him, whatever side he may be fighting for.

Given his positions on issues, I guess it's better to have him focused on irrelevant, rather than important, issues.
Cashcow

« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2005, 03:56:03 PM »

I wouldn't necessarily disagree.
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2005, 03:57:44 PM »

I like Lieberman. I appreciate the fact that he's an independent voice.

Regarding violent video games, I strongly support a rating system, and increasing the amount of information available to the consumers. Parents have the right to prevent their children from playing violent games. I certainly do not support banning such games, and neither does Lieberman.

I also like his foreign policy stances, for the most part. I think he would have made a great President.
phk
phknrocket1k
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2005, 05:24:21 PM »
« Edited: March 08, 2005, 05:35:11 PM by New Left Marxist »

Rating systems are irrelevant, only parents that with bad parenting skills  will have kids that act out of violence after what they see on video games.

Me killing a bot in Doom 3 wont harm anybody else.
David S
Junior Chimp

« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2005, 08:17:33 PM »

"Why do so many of you like Lieberman so much?  "

I don't like Lieberman.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies