Creepy signs the radiation from Fukushima is contaminating the West Coast (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 05:55:23 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Creepy signs the radiation from Fukushima is contaminating the West Coast (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Creepy signs the radiation from Fukushima is contaminating the West Coast  (Read 1542 times)
Redalgo
United States

« on: October 24, 2013, 06:55:04 PM »

I don't know really, but pollutants tend to get more dangerously concentrated in predators up the food-chain (which may in turn be why sea lions and polar bears are effected, if the radiation is in fact what is harming them?). Even without consuming prey with radioactive materials in them I think orcas are already considered hazardous material if they wash up on shore.

This thread makes me wonder how the release of radioactive material from Fukushima will end up comparing to the long-standing Cold War practice of the Soviets disposing of nuclear waste and at times even entire reactor cores off the Arctic coasts of Novaya Zemliya. The radiation from those waters eventually contaminated much of the North Pacific, getting into things like salmon. Over the long run I don't really know how much of this radioactive material it takes for it to actually have a meaningful health impact on life thousands of miles away.

Either way, I'm curious to better understand the subject.
Redalgo
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2013, 09:25:54 AM »

. . . Spiders can be quite helpful and won't usually harm humans. Wasps, on the other hand...

My opinion of Republitarian seems to go up nearly every time I read one of his posts. Grin
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies