The Daily Beast is pure genius!!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 10:54:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  The Daily Beast is pure genius!!
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Daily Beast is pure genius!!  (Read 1215 times)
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 26, 2013, 07:29:19 PM »

I am glad I read this very prescient article rather than follow the polls and Washington Post over the past several months (the post clearly has a liberal bias and distorts how the race really is going... same thing with polls when they aren't unskewed).  They would have distorted the election for me rather than present the reality in a clear and concise manner like the Daily Beast has!  Their predictions are all about to come to fruition.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2013/05/09/how-terry-mcauliffe-and-the-dems-lost-virginia.html
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2013, 07:54:37 PM »

Date: May 9th, 2013. Cuccinelli was leading heavily in the polls then. The race has clearly changed.
Flake
JacobTiver
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2013, 10:17:11 PM »

Date: May 9th, 2013. Cuccinelli was leading heavily in the polls then. The race has clearly changed.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2013, 10:32:49 PM »

This almost reads like a krazen post bashing a PPP poll from 3 months ago.
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2013, 12:32:14 AM »

Reminder, this article predicted the Virginia race about as well as board GOP posters.
barfbag
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.26, S: -0.87

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2013, 12:54:18 AM »

I am glad I read this very prescient article rather than follow the polls and Washington Post over the past several months (the post clearly has a liberal bias and distorts how the race really is going... same thing with polls when they aren't unskewed).  They would have distorted the election for me rather than present the reality in a clear and concise manner like the Daily Beast has!  Their predictions are all about to come to fruition.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2013/05/09/how-terry-mcauliffe-and-the-dems-lost-virginia.html

You may not know this, but polls change between May and November. Dukakis also led Bush by 17. It's interesting to look back and see predictions and numbers though.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2013, 01:32:13 AM »

Not really. Most polls always showed the race tight early on. This entire article is based off a single outlier poll.
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2013, 08:09:07 PM »

You may not know this, but polls change between May and November. Dukakis also led Bush by 17. It's interesting to look back and see predictions and numbers though.

You may not know this, but it's possible for journalists with an ounce of integrity (and board posters who aren't of your ilk) to make sound and reasoned predictions months ahead of time, rather than calling a race 6 months before votes are cast based on a single poll.  Hope this helps.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies