Opinion of Wool-Lined Jean Jackets
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 04:39:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Opinion of Wool-Lined Jean Jackets
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Opinion of Wool-Lined Jean Jackets
Freedom Jackets

Horrible Jackets

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 21

Author Topic: Opinion of Wool-Lined Jean Jackets  (Read 1043 times)
Marnetmar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.58, S: -8.24

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 28, 2013, 10:32:41 AM »
« edited: October 28, 2013, 10:48:09 AM by Marnetmar »

Every single person I've met that wore one of these was an ass. Therefore I now associate these jackets with asses.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2013, 11:47:15 AM »

I had to google it because I didn't know what that was, but now that I have I'm voting Freedom Jacket because it's very macho.

Really, how sexy is that?
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2013, 11:48:41 AM »

I had to google it because I didn't know what that was, but now that I have I'm voting Freedom Jacket because it's very macho.

Really, how sexy is that?

I had one of these when I was a younger.......awesome. (asshole normal)
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2013, 11:53:16 AM »

Often used to break the Eleventh Commandment ('Thou shalt not wear double denim') and therefore sinful.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2013, 12:41:59 PM »

Hah, if you have to ask!
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2013, 05:08:59 PM »

Do politicians in rural states still do campaign photoshoots wearing these to appear down-home and salt-of-the-earth? Or is the "flannel shirt and weathered wooden fence" look more popular these days?
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2013, 06:51:56 PM »

Ridiculously 1980s. Wearing one today would make you look like a poor who gets his clothes from Goodwill.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2013, 10:38:52 PM »

Ridiculously 1980s. Wearing one today would make you look like a poor who gets his clothes from Goodwill.
People in my family shop at Goodwill all the time.  You'd be amazed what you can find.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2013, 09:02:24 AM »

People in my family shop at Goodwill all the time.  You'd be amazed what you can find.

Indeed.   I know the quality of what we drop off there......some of it's good stuff.
Redalgo
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2013, 12:09:03 PM »

Voted horrible jackets, though mostly out of bias against denim for its unappealing colour, texture, and because I associate the material with the excessive snugness of jeans.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2013, 12:15:08 PM »

Voted horrible jackets, though mostly out of bias against denim for its unappealing colour, texture, and because I associate the material with the excessive snugness of jeans.

But they are toasty warm, bro.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2013, 12:21:48 PM »

Yeah, I don't think memphis gets it.  Really shopping at horrible schlock Chinese new clothes stores like the Gap, Olde Navy and suchlike make you look much poorer than shopping at Goodwill.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2013, 01:09:44 PM »

Yeah, I don't think memphis gets it.  Really shopping at horrible schlock Chinese new clothes stores like the Gap, Olde Navy and suchlike make you look much poorer than shopping at Goodwill.
Most of the clothes at Goodwill are from Gap and Old Navy...
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2013, 07:10:15 PM »

The general rule with charity shops is that while most of the clothes will be awful, you'll find the odd thing that is most certainly not. I once picked up a very nice Harris Tweed jacket (that fits properly as well) for a fiver.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2013, 10:04:59 PM »

I'm pretty sure the picture posted in the OP was probably on many a holiday season Harlequin Novel in the 1990s.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2013, 06:58:50 AM »

Most of the clothes at Goodwill are from Gap and Old Navy...

Maybe you go to a bad Goodwill.. I used to shop at thrift stores (can't remember the various 'brands' of store), and I bought mostly Brooks Brothers, Van Huesen, Haggar, Arrow, Gant, etc.
tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2013, 10:07:56 PM »

So disappointed, I had read "the excessive smugness of jeans" and burst out laughing. I thought I had found another soldier fighting the tyranny of pants. I hate pants.

Anyway, those jackets are for tossers. I couldn't possibly take anyone wearing denim above the waist seriously.
rejectamenta
Botswana

« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2013, 02:39:17 AM »

Denim jackets and vests are a sacrament to those who remain in The Hall and are neither wimps nor posers. Lining it with wool is defilement.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2013, 05:18:56 AM »

Denim jackets and vests are a sacrament to those who remain in The Hall and are neither wimps nor posers. Lining it with wool is defilement.

What is 'The Hall'?  I agree that blue jean dungaree trousers are far too tight... and I'm generally opposed to denim for any purpose.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2013, 05:12:25 PM »

I got some nice martini glasses over there.  After buying Dollar Tree glasses that break, because they're badly made, I figured out that the glassware at consignment stores is much better made and cost about half the price of the cheap store.  Sure, it may have been drunk from by an HIV-positive scumbag with methmouth and halitosis, but so far I've broken none of them.  Got some nice brandy snifters there too.
rejectamenta
Botswana

« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2013, 05:55:56 PM »

What is 'The Hall'?  I agree that blue jean dungaree trousers are far too tight... and I'm generally opposed to denim for any purpose.

A jocular way to refer to metalheads, more specifically the sort that aren't afraid to show it - long nasty hair, clad in denim and leather, working class beer guzzlers. A person cannot possibly belong unless they identify with and cherish at least most of these things.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies