What are some of the meanest text messages you've ever gotten?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 09:48:01 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  What are some of the meanest text messages you've ever gotten?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: What are some of the meanest text messages you've ever gotten?  (Read 8810 times)
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 29, 2013, 06:47:36 PM »

Inspired by a text i just got from my ex girlfriend, which read (in part):

"but i still want to talk to you but you're sick of waiting around for progression and you can smoke all you f--king want and i won't stop you even though i do f--king care and you're playing such a victim card and here i am stuck between a rock and a hard place so f--k you"

what makes this so particularly mean is that A. she said this out of literally nowhere and B. i wrote a song about how i'm paranoid that she hates me and posted it on Tumblr so she interpreted it very literally and is so upset even though she hasn't cared enough to talk to me at all for 2 months now lol

und du?
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2013, 07:06:04 PM »

I only text some close friends and my Uncle, so I don't get many nasty ones. I was once threatened with arrest while phone banking when I redialed on an already angry supporter of our opponent, if that at all counts.
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2013, 07:15:25 PM »

"but i still want to talk to you but you're sick of waiting around for progression and you can smoke all you f--king want and i won't stop you even though i do f--king care and you're playing such a victim card and here i am stuck between a rock and a hard place so f--k you"

what makes this so particularly mean is that A. she said this out of literally nowhere and B. i wrote a song about how i'm paranoid that she hates me and posted it on Tumblr so she interpreted it very literally and is so upset even though she hasn't cared enough to talk to me at all for 2 months now lol

und du?

No response or a very short response is best here depending if you still want to pursue this girl. I'm fond of "gay" or "lol" if you really want to bug her.

I don't text much, but I did get a threatening text in high school from my then-gf's ex.

Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2013, 07:23:56 PM »

oh the angst
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2013, 07:57:34 PM »

I only text some close friends and my Uncle, so I don't get many nasty ones. I was once threatened with arrest while phone banking when I redialed on an already angry supporter of our opponent, if that at all counts.

hahahahaha when i was phonebanking for Romney this dude was like (and mind you, i did not mention i was affiliated with anyone, as far as the guy was concerned, we were an independent polling agency) "i want you motherf--kers to stop calling my house! we know who we're f--king voting for and we don't want to talk about it! f--k off!" and i had it on speaker and my supervisor started dying of laughter
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2013, 08:08:34 PM »

Beginning of junior year. An idiot I'm now friends with kept stealing his best friend's (a mutual friend of ours') phone and texting me. Glad I got past that bullsh#t.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2013, 08:51:15 PM »

Not that I care immensely, but you probably shouldn't post evidence regarding illegal activities on the Internet when it's pretty easy to figure out who you are.  Just saying.  Unless you're denying that you smoke, in which case, go for it.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2013, 08:54:47 PM »

"Buy your own beer, you lazy ass."

Roommate, last Friday.
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2013, 11:06:52 PM »

TBH, writing a poem about how someone you're in a relationship with hates you and then putting it on the Internet is...kind of weird, especially where you assumed she wouldn't take it seriously. Perhaps I'm misinterpreting this, though.

The obvious answer is "K" or "OK" or something along those "passive-aggressively-trying-to-end-the-conversation" lines. I tend to give out my phone number only to people I'd enjoy texting, so I don't think I've ever gotten "threatening" text messages or whatnot.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2013, 12:11:36 AM »

B. i wrote a song about how i'm paranoid that she hates me and posted it on Tumblr

There's your problem. Your tumblr--your account on any website, really--should either be secret from people in your real life or not have dirty laundry on it.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2013, 03:56:05 AM »

Honestly I have no idea, I've been texting for like eight years and I've had plenty of sh**tty ex's in that time
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2013, 05:21:18 AM »

Not that I care immensely, but you probably shouldn't post evidence regarding illegal activities on the Internet when it's pretty easy to figure out who you are.  Just saying.  Unless you're denying that you smoke, in which case, go for it.

I don't smoke. And while I'm not a law expert, my understanding is that it is only illegal for underaged persons to purchase cigarettes.

B. i wrote a song about how i'm paranoid that she hates me and posted it on Tumblr

There's your problem. Your tumblr--your account on any website, really--should either be secret from people in your real life or not have dirty laundry on it.

On the contrary, when I post songs or poems or stories, that's my way of expressing myself. I don't really care who sees or confronts me about it. The problem is that she hardly talked to me for a good 2 months (and barely responded when I tried to talk to her) but then claimed that she had no idea how upset i was because she "can't read minds"
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2013, 08:10:41 AM »

I've never received a mean one.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2013, 09:36:54 AM »

"god dammit ____ look what you've done. you've driven this cat to drink."
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2013, 01:22:19 PM »

You have to know how to text in order to get messages, old man Wink
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2013, 01:30:14 PM »

Ha ha, I text alot.....but just to a few people, punk.  Tongue
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2013, 03:19:50 PM »

Ha ha, I text alot.....but just to a few people, punk.  Tongue

Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2013, 06:30:37 PM »

TBH, writing a poem about how someone you're in a relationship with hates you and then putting it on the Internet is...kind of weird, especially where you assumed she wouldn't take it seriously. Perhaps I'm misinterpreting this, though.

The obvious answer is "K" or "OK" or something along those "passive-aggressively-trying-to-end-the-conversation" lines. I tend to give out my phone number only to people I'd enjoy texting, so I don't think I've ever gotten "threatening" text messages or whatnot.

This.
Swedish Rainbow Capitalist Cheese
JOHN91043353
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2013, 06:58:14 PM »

I wouldn't be able to rewrite it on the Atlas, even if I wanted to, as it would be almost completely censored. But it involved someone telling me they wanted me to die violently from AIDS. (Not to mention some of the most horrid grammer I've ever seen)

Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2013, 05:23:19 AM »

I wouldn't be able to rewrite it on the Atlas, even if I wanted to, as it would be almost completely censored. But it involved someone telling me they wanted me to die violently from AIDS. (Not to mention some of the most horrid grammer I've ever seen)

Oh my god that's horrible Sad
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2013, 04:25:46 PM »

I agree with this.  women being violently angry at me is totally fine -- it shows an often-salvageable level of passion.  an obvious deficit in care is the most painful to swallow.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2013, 04:39:16 PM »

I can't say anyone has ever sent me a mean text message.
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2013, 12:59:11 AM »

und du?

No response or a very short response is best here depending if you still want to pursue this girl. I'm fond of "gay" or "lol" if you really want to bug her.

I don't text much, but I did get a threatening text in high school from my then-gf's ex.

solid advice
also "..."
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2013, 01:02:41 AM »

I won't post the message, but basically I met an old "friend" a few days ago who said she said she didn't want to talk to me anymore after she found out I wanted to be a clergyman.

Second female friend of mine who decided to show her true colors in the past couple months.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2013, 01:05:36 AM »

I can't say anyone has ever sent me a mean text message.
^^^^^^^
Being unpleasant requires at least a phone call. Texting is much too passive to express anger.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies