How would the permanent end of the Update Saga affect your forum habits?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:18:08 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  How would the permanent end of the Update Saga affect your forum habits?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: ?
I would stop visiting the forum entirely

I would visit the forum much less

I would visit the forum slightly less

The amount I visit would be unchanged

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 58

Author Topic: How would the permanent end of the Update Saga affect your forum habits?  (Read 4220 times)
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 29, 2013, 08:07:52 PM »

Please answer. Thanks.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2013, 08:09:50 PM »

Where's the option for "I would attend the forum more"?
Kitteh
drj101
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2013, 08:10:28 PM »

Somewhere between one and two. Probably one.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2013, 08:11:10 PM »

Where's the option for "I would attend the forum more"?

I did not include any troll options.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2013, 08:13:40 PM »

Option 4. Anyone who votes otherwise is the mental equivalent of a fourth grader, because the Update is not in the slightest bit funny or interesting. That being said, I do not support ending the Update by force. If it brings pleasure to its fans, well, more power to them I guess.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2013, 08:16:19 PM »

Well, I am obligated to visit the forum for the next 4 months due to my kingship of the fantasy world, but after that, it's RIP Duke.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2013, 08:16:54 PM »

Option 4. Anyone who votes otherwise is the mental equivalent of a fourth grader, because the Update is not in the slightest bit funny or interesting. That being said, I do not support ending the Update by force. If it brings pleasure to its fans, well, more power to them I guess.

You wish more power to sick perverts who enjoy see a man pave his highway to Hell while also paving his way to physical Hell?
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2013, 08:21:47 PM »

You wish more power to sick perverts who enjoy see a man pave his highway to Hell while also paving his way to physical Hell?
Horrible people exist, and to be fair, Bushie willingly creates these threads. Nothing I can do but watch in disgust.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2013, 08:22:54 PM »

I mean, not really dude.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2013, 08:29:48 PM »

Horrible people exist, and to be fair, Bushie willingly creates these threads. Nothing I can do but watch in disgust.

This is not a matter of political principles or some relativist "live and let live", this is a matter of the soul of the forum itself,  and, as such, the soul of humanity. How can we sit by so idly and watch man condemn itself to damnation through wanton sadism? Mr. Oklahoma is not the only person engaged in self-destructive behavior. Every single reader of that thing has in some way helped to chip away piece of their soul. These servers may see one and only one final end: destruction in Hell.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2013, 08:31:50 PM »

Attend Bushie's funeral in 5 years.  RIP Bushie. 
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2013, 08:34:41 PM »

Not at all, I don't read it.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2013, 08:35:58 PM »

This is not a matter of political principles or some relativist "live and let live", this is a matter of the soul of the forum itself,  and, as such, the soul of humanity. How can we sit by so idly and watch man condemn itself to damnation through wanton sadism? Mr. Oklahoma is not the only person engaged in self-destructive behavior. Every single reader of that thing has in some way helped to chip away piece of their soul. These servers may see one and only one final end: destruction in Hell.
And more power to them as they corrode their souls. That is between them and God. Plus I sometimes wonder if Bushie is an elaborate fictional story invented by somebody trying to get a rise out of the forum.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2013, 08:43:59 PM »

I might visit more as the place becomes less distasteful.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2013, 08:46:36 PM »

And more power to them as they corrode their souls. That is between them and God. Plus I sometimes wonder if Bushie is an elaborate fictional story invented by somebody trying to get a rise out of the forum.

Is there no instinct in you that would compel you to help save the soul of your fellow man?
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2013, 08:53:32 PM »

Is there no instinct in you that would compel you to help save the soul of your fellow man?
Only if he wishes to be saved. You can't help a drowning man if he refuses to grab the life ring. Several life rings have been thrown to him, mixed in with all the barbs and attacks, and he has refused those as well.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2013, 08:57:32 PM »

Only if he wishes to be saved. You can't help a drowning man if he refuses to grab the life ring. Several life rings have been thrown to him, mixed in with all the barbs and attacks, and he has refused those as well.

I speak not of the particularly damned man in question, but of those that willfully observe his destruction as a form of entertainment, akin to those that took pleasure in the gladiator fights of ancient Rome. I hope it is not too late to save their souls.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2013, 09:05:44 PM »

I speak not of the particularly damned man in question, but of those that willfully observe his destruction as a form of entertainment, akin to those that took pleasure in the gladiator fights of ancient Rome. I hope it is not too late to save their souls.
If they are that amused by ones suffering, they might not even have souls to save to begin with.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2013, 09:11:53 PM »

STOP MAKING UPDATE-RELATED CANCER THREADS.

Thank you. Smiley
Boris
boris78
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.55, S: -4.52

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2013, 09:23:30 PM »

Can someone (Lief, Xahar, BK) compile a list of the times Update has been locked, as well as the duration of each lock?
TheDeadFlagBlues
Junior Chimp
Canada
« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2013, 12:53:29 AM »

I don't care.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2013, 07:03:19 AM »

I'd definitely visit here less often than I do now. It doesn't help that most of the elections this year are extremely boring.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2013, 07:11:22 AM »

I might visit more as the place becomes less distasteful.

Oh sh**t, you and Lief finally disagree on something!
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2013, 11:26:28 AM »

I don't think I would leave entirely, but I would certainly be around much less. Update is the one thing I get from this forum that I can't get anywhere else.

Can someone (Lief, Xahar, BK) compile a list of the times Update has been locked, as well as the duration of each lock?

Oh, that would be interesting. Perhaps a good project for the weekend, unless someone wants to get to it first.
Redalgo
United States

« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2013, 12:13:32 PM »

Option four for me - I never read update threads and probably never will.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies