Drag- good or bad?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 12:06:15 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Drag- good or bad?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Do you have a positive opinion of Drag?
Yes

No, because people shouldn't dress up as the opposite sex

No, it's offensive to women and trans* folks

Other

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 43

Calculate results by number of options selected
Author Topic: Drag- good or bad?  (Read 5278 times)
Flake
JacobTiver
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2013, 06:34:48 PM »

I think people who dress up as the opposite sex have every single right to do so, and it is their choice to do so. There are so many of you who are against this and it's kind of sickening. It's just clothing, who cares if it is feminine or masculine?
Deus Naturae
Deus naturae
YaBB God
Croatia

« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2013, 09:10:13 PM »

Other: That sort of thing really weirds me out, but that's just my own cultural bias. People should obviously be free to wear what they want.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2013, 09:13:26 PM »

Other: That sort of thing really weirds me out, but that's just my own cultural bias. People should obviously be free to wear what they want.
Why does it weird you out?

I'm genuinely curious.

It never weirded me out to see men dress up as women.  Most certainly those who do it for entertainment purposes.

But perhaps this is because I was introduced to the Birdcage at a relatively young age.

"Agador, I think I'm gonna need one of those pirin tablets"

"what the hell is a pirin tablet!!?"

"oh.. is just de aspirin with da a and da s scratched off"

"Agador, you're a genius!" Cheesy
Deus Naturae
Deus naturae
YaBB God
Croatia

« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2013, 09:38:40 PM »

Why does it weird you out?
If I had to guess I'd say it's simply because I never experienced anyone doing while I was younger.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #29 on: November 03, 2013, 01:54:48 PM »
« Edited: November 03, 2013, 02:00:45 PM by opebo »

Just a note - one sees a lot more cross-dressing in Thailand (and not just ladyboys, 'Toms' as well), and generally gender vagueness, and its positively wonderful.

Peter the Lefty
Peternerdman
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2013, 06:48:26 PM »

Fine with it (gay, normal). 
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #31 on: November 03, 2013, 07:14:05 PM »

No because people shouldn't dress up as the opposite sex.

Why not? And who determines how the sexes dress? It's not an ironclad rule just because society says something - have you never heard of the kilt?

Meh, I didn't mean it in a way like "people shouldn't dress up as opposite sex because its immoral!!!" or anything like that. I just think its quite weird and inappropriate, that's all. People should obviously have the freedom to wear what they want to wear.
Link
« Reply #32 on: November 03, 2013, 07:15:43 PM »

Are there trans* people who get offended by people cross-dressing? Seems like a ridiculous strawman to me.

Yeah never heard of that before.

I know there are lots of radical feminists offended by it who attack it but these are also the same people who hate trans people.

Never heard of this either.

Other.  If someone wants to do it at home behind closed doors that's their business.  I just don't want to hear about it.

Obviously if they work for my company I wouldn't want them to do it because it hurts the company image if company officers are known to cavort around in women's underwear.  But I hate body piercings, tattoos, weird hair cuts, etc.  The level of attention whoring in America is through the roof.  No one can find a productive way to distinguish or express themselves?

I wouldn't want to have to sit trapped in a plane with this guy trying to figure out what his issues are.

rejectamenta
Botswana

« Reply #33 on: November 04, 2013, 03:34:15 AM »

I wouldn't want to have to sit trapped in a plane with this guy trying to figure out what his issues are.

His name is Torie and his issues are Obamacare and litigation.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #34 on: November 04, 2013, 06:04:30 AM »

Ok but how about these cuties?:

Link
« Reply #35 on: November 04, 2013, 08:38:31 AM »

That picture is a bit small but overall they are more presentable than 90% of the people at the local Walmart... I'll allow it.

My main gripe with one of them is the earings and necklace.  I'm not a fan of jewelry on men regardless of of cross dressing/sexual orientation.  I wouldn't even consider that "cross dressed."  I would just think they were a couple of feminine asian guys wearing some metrosexual fashion statement.  Wouldn't give it a second thought.

The definition of women's clothes vs men's cloths sometimes is pretty arbitrary.  That's one of the reasons I find it odd that people say their little son is transgender so they need to wear a pink dress to school.  I remember going to school and girls wore jeans and tshirts just like boys a lot of the time.

At least two attractive women I know who were very into fashion and always dressed very nicely said when they were little girls there is no way in hell they would wear a dress or a skirt.  So to me the idea that a six year old boy who is really a girl on the inside wearing pants is a crime against humanity is a bit hyperbolic.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies