Spain General Discussion (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:00:00 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Spain General Discussion (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Spain General Discussion  (Read 9535 times)
Peeperkorn
Uruguay

Political Matrix
E: 0.65, S: -6.78

« on: November 03, 2013, 10:11:10 AM »
« edited: November 03, 2013, 10:13:11 AM by Mynheer Peeperkorn von Thurn und Taxis-Hohenlohe »

Secession will not happen.

Anyway, I'm kind of surprised that Rajoydi survived the sobre-sueldos scandal. It was something that you could expect from inherent corrupt countries as Argentina, but not Europe.

PSOE is still the lesser evil.

Peeperkorn
Uruguay

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2013, 01:19:30 PM »
« Edited: November 03, 2013, 01:38:51 PM by Mynheer Peeperkorn von Thurn und Taxis-Hohenlohe »

I know all the corruption issues of the Andalucía's PSOE (that's what happens when you are in government since the 70s) but still, I prefer them before LA CAVERNA PEPERA.

Also, do you really believe Rajoy has full support from his party? What about Esperanza Aguirre and her allies in the media? I mean, even Intereconomía group was attacking Rajoy when Bárcenas went rogue.

As a liberal (in the normal sense of the word, not the yank definition) I guess I should support UPyD but I don't believe they are able to be the government and not just another opposition party.

Good question: What would have happened if Chacón defeated Rubalcaba in the PSOE's leadership election? She was very sympathetic with the "federalist" idea...
Peeperkorn
Uruguay

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2013, 01:38:11 PM »

Funniest headline ever.
Peeperkorn
Uruguay

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2013, 03:21:12 PM »

Intereconomia and related have been attacking Rajoy since 2004 when they call him "maricomplejines" (Mariano the pussy, very liberal translation)

That was Jiménez Losantos, when he was still in "La Mañana" of La COPE.

Also, funnily enough, in Spain, liberal is a term used by the hard right to refer to themselves. People who are much closer to libertarianism, Thatcherism and/or GOP fanboys tend to classify themselves as liberales.

Yeah, I know. When I was a kid (with Aznar as President) I used to chat in #politica of the irc-hispano (i was even an elected moderator xD). And ALL the fascist creeps of hazteoir et al called themselves "liberales". It was disgusting.
Peeperkorn
Uruguay

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2013, 01:08:11 PM »

PP still ahead, words fail me.
Peeperkorn
Uruguay

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2013, 04:40:20 AM »
« Edited: November 09, 2013, 04:42:20 AM by Mynheer Peeperkorn »

I don't feel confortable discussing Spanish politics... in English.

The same happens to me when I need to explain something concerning Latin America but: "Adonde fueres, haz lo que vieres"; y hablar en otro idioma en un foro donde todos utilizan el inglés sería de muy mal gusto y de muy mala leche, además de levantar suspicacias.

--

I love Wert. "Now the classrooms will have more students so they can improve mingling". You need cojones to officially say such a thing and don't give a fink of what people would say about such a lie. It's like Andrea Fabra shouting "¡Qué se jodan!" ("Fink you!") in the congress after the cuts of wealthfare for the unemployed.

The PP is probably the most corrupt and evil political party in Europe right now and it's a shame that a good part of Spaniards would vote for them again.

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies