Alex Sink running for Bill Young's old house seat (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 11:23:02 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Alex Sink running for Bill Young's old house seat (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Alex Sink running for Bill Young's old house seat  (Read 40975 times)
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« on: December 23, 2013, 03:07:07 PM »

In the race I worked on last year, we had a 10-1 advantage in sign presence. Name recognition should get Sink by until the general election.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2013, 05:12:12 PM »

In the race I worked on last year, we had a 10-1 advantage in sign presence. Name recognition should get Sink by until the general election.

True, signs don't vote, but it seems more like a symptom - I haven't heard anything out of the Sink campaign, haven't seen any volunteers walking or any events being held, or any mailers or calls or anything. Nothing much seems to be happening.
I checked out her website, and it just lists a PO Box as her address. She has an office, I'm sure, but it is not publically listed yet, so she is probably still putting the groundwork together and corralling support and donations. I'd expect her campaign to go live after the GOP primary is held.

Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2014, 03:42:33 PM »

She has gone 100% nanners. Or maybe she was always this way...
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2014, 05:56:32 PM »

48% for Sink and Jolly, just under 4% for Overby. I don't know who will win, but if I had to bet my life on it, I'd say Sink.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2014, 07:03:48 PM »

Please, please, please run DWS. Rubio would win a landslide.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2014, 08:56:58 PM »

The unpopularity of the President and Obamacare were obviously very important factors here. But this shouldn't be ignored:

In precincts Romney won, voter turnout was 58% of what it was in November 2012.

In precincts Obama won, voter turnout was 48.5% of what it was in November 2012.

In other words, Sink had a huge turnout disadvantage.

Probably the most important post in this thread. It's not Alex Sink's fault these voters didn't turn out. They simply don't care about politics enough to vote in off years and midterms. To them a special election for the House of Representatives is about as important as a special election for a school board vacancy is for political junkies.

How is it NOT Sink's fault? A campaign's job is to turnout its voters, Sink clearly failed at this.

There's only so much you can do to turn out voters who simply don't care.

These voters are low-info types, therefore you feed then info so that they do care. It's micro targeting 101

Sink and the DCCC invested more money into field than any U.S. House special election ever. You can only squeeze so much juice out of an orange.

Source? It clearly wasn't enough...

You can go look up the FEC reports yourself.

You have wildly unrealistic expectations. They're field organizers, not magicians. Without the field program that was on the ground, Sink easily could've lost by 4 or 5.

And if the field organizers had better they could have easily gotten the extra 3000 votes. Good candidates win close races, Sink is neither a good candidate nor a good manager.

You've just got it all figured out, don't you?
Having worked on several campaigns, I can concur with Meeker that it just isn't that simple.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2014, 06:18:55 PM »

I'd love to see her humiliated again.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2014, 06:27:43 PM »

Sink is the only Democrat to win a constitutional office in Florida this century, so I don't see her as a bad candidate. Besides, I read that the DCCC wants her to run again and they don't usually want poor candidates to run again.
The "best" candidate doesn't mean they are a lock. 'She ain't goin nowhere!
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2014, 06:55:54 PM »

Sink is the only Democrat to win a constitutional office in Florida this century, so I don't see her as a bad candidate. Besides, I read that the DCCC wants her to run again and they don't usually want poor candidates to run again.

Who said she was a lock? I never put that in my post.
That was not directed at you as much as the faint light at the end of the tunnel that you were desperately trying to scratch with the tip of your finger nail to feed your hackish fantasies. I don't even know why the DCCC is wasting money on this seat. They need to hold Murphy and Garcia. Murphy is the only hope the FL Democrats really have besides the Republican their running this year.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2014, 02:21:03 PM »

Who said she was a lock? I never put that in my post.
That was not directed at you as much as the faint light at the end of the tunnel that you were desperately trying to scratch with the tip of your finger nail to feed your hackish fantasies. I don't even know why the DCCC is wasting money on this seat. They need to hold Murphy and Garcia. Murphy is the only hope the FL Democrats really have besides the Republican their running this year.
Gwen Graham says hello.
I forgot about her, but yes, she is a viable candidate.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2014, 02:57:23 PM »

Agreed with Sawx entirely; Ehrlich can win. Sink cannot.

Sink will not run in the General

My fellow Democrats can now begin cheering because it was COMPLETELY her fault and she deserves to die in a hole for losing /borderline-misogynist
So, let me get this straight, voting for a man or criticizing a female candidate is misogynist?

Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2014, 03:34:51 PM »

My fellow Democrats can now begin cheering because it was COMPLETELY her fault and she deserves to die in a hole for losing /borderline-misogynist
So, let me get this straight, voting for a man or criticizing a female candidate is misogynist?

It's misogynist when this forum treats every female candidate like a "bitch" or a idiot when they lose. If Alex Sink was a guy, this forum would not have gone as apes**t as it did when she lost.
I'm glad that in your one year of membership you have deduced that this forum hates female candidates who lose. Give one other example of this before you make your hackish claims. Sink lost because she was an idiot. Just like Romney lost because he was an idiot.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2014, 03:41:31 PM »

It's misogynist when this forum treats every female candidate like a "bitch" or a idiot when they lose. If Alex Sink was a guy, this forum would not have gone as apes**t as it did when she lost.
I'm glad that in your one year of membership you have deduced that this forum hates female candidates who lose. Give one other example of this before you make your hackish claims. Sink lost because she was an idiot. Just like Romney lost because he was an idiot.

I don't see where I'm being a hack as this applies to my fellow Democrats as much as Republicans.

Wendy Davis and Hillary Clinton have been largely characterized as dumb and bitchy, respectively, multiple times all over this forum. And while I really don't like Colleen Hanabusa, some of the criticisms of here have been downright sexist.
The only sexist attack on Hanabusa I have seen was from a female poster. And men get criticized all the time here in the same manner. Female politicians are not above criticism because of their gender.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies