The People's White House: Duke Administration (On my Farewell)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 01:33:28 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The People's White House: Duke Administration (On my Farewell)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 12
Author Topic: The People's White House: Duke Administration (On my Farewell)  (Read 17938 times)
GAworth
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: January 07, 2014, 03:54:27 PM »

I am thankful for the President announcing me as his nominee. I look forward to the nomination process. I thank him for having confidence in my abilities to run the department. I hope I can continue the great legacy that Superique has brought to the office.
Sec. of State Superique
Superique
Brazil

« Reply #101 on: January 07, 2014, 09:09:47 PM »

GAWorth will make a Leip's job and I hope he could keep it up with my good work!
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #102 on: January 07, 2014, 09:44:42 PM »

A great choice! Smiley
Flake
JacobTiver
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #103 on: January 07, 2014, 10:12:36 PM »

The best choice you could make Grin
Supersonic
SupersonicVenue
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.90, S: 0.35

« Reply #104 on: January 08, 2014, 09:42:33 AM »

Definitely solid choices.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #105 on: January 08, 2014, 11:56:47 AM »

SPECIAL APPOINTMENT

Many of you have noticed over the past few days that the Pacific has taken center stage. Indeed, I have made it my dying wish, whether or not I run/win reelection, to set them on the right path towards glory. We currently are debating on a stimulus package in the senate, and after I fully speak with Governor PJ and others to get the gist of what is going on in the region, we can make the bill as efficient and clear as possible indicating the Administration and Senate's goals.

To help this along, I can decided to appoint a Project Manager of sorts to be a liaison between myself and the region. He is a longtime resident of the Pacific, a man I have great trust in, a former member of The Party, and someone who wants to help his region more than ever. He has already informed me on some of the common sense things that need to be done in the region, and he is going to be a fine addition to my team.

I am appointing Oakvale as my Operation Save the Pacific Project Manager. Between he, myself, the Senate, Governor PJ and the rest, I am confident and hopeful the Pacific will be back on track in no time.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #106 on: January 09, 2014, 06:11:12 PM »

It is quite apparent that the election season is in swing, and I feel it would only be right if I let you all know my future plans tonight. Stay tuned.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #107 on: January 09, 2014, 06:46:04 PM »

Your Dukiness, just wanted to let you know that your Project Manager appointment has been authorized on the regional level:

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=180687.msg4011061#msg4011061
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #108 on: January 09, 2014, 07:00:10 PM »

Your Dukiness, just wanted to let you know that your Project Manager appointment has been authorized on the regional level:

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=180687.msg4011061#msg4011061

Thank you for rubber stamping my appointment, Mr. Bacon
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #109 on: January 09, 2014, 09:22:36 PM »

On My Future

Over the last few days, Atlasia has weathered many storms. We saw the return of an Atlasian legend in Michael Naso and lost one of our best in Maxwell. We saw the resignation of our SoEA and the appointment of a new SoIA that is young and full of the energy we all want to see out of our new members. All the while, rumors began to spread about my future. What I run again? Which party would I run with? Why would I even want to run again? Are our lives about to change forever? All of these questions have been wearing down the minds of everyone for days and days, and tonight, I am here to calm some of those nerves. You see, my friends, The People have weathered storms, and through it all, they always emerge stronger. I have emerged stronger. The cries from beyond the hills have been loud, and tonight, I want you all to know, I have heard them.

A few days ago, I was down and out. I had accepted I would not run again. Matt and I were, after all, the ticket that nobody really wanted, but the ticket we all needed. I was ready to quit. Advisors told me, “Duke, just let the bastards have this game! Go sip your pina colada and take solace knowing you did all you can do!” But then a small voice came to me and said, “now is not the time to give up. Don’t let the haters get you down. The People demand more.” And I rose - like an iceberg from the ocean, and like an eagle flying over the Rocky Mountains. This is not the time to end my career. There is too much left to do.

Four months ago, I announced my candidacy with the motto of “hold onto your breakfast,” and indeed, folks tossed their breakfast in celebration of a record victory at the ballot box. Tonight, The People are rising up once again, and I am here to announce I will seek reelection to the Presidency of Atlasia. Matt and I will enter the Federalist Primary once more, as we did in October. We mustn’t let the circumstances of today stop the progress we are making - a new corporate tax code, modernizing and streamlining our healthcare system, enacting smart solutions that protect the worker without endangering our economic health, and finally, providing the Pacific region with much needed assistance and oversight. It is our job to make sure all five regions are thriving as it benefits all of us, and the Pacific region has been left for dead for far too long. Should I step down now, I would be doing a disservice to The People that put me in office in the first place. After all, being President is not about the glory (there is none), it is about serving The People with all you have and doing what is best for this country, and making the tough decisions. We have accomplished much in the last four month together, and we can continue this trend in the next four months. Not a trend of infighting, but a trend of holding hands, listening to each other, and ultimately accepting my presidential redraft. Wink

The road ahead will not be easy. Presidential campaigns never are. We face an Atlasian legend in the primary who has taken the Federalist Party by storm. But we cannot let a challenge deter us from trying. The harder, the longer, the thicker, the better, I say.

And so it begins, Duke and Matt, eye to eye and hand in hand, together on my glorious final journey in this game we call Atlasia, a game we all play for far too long, but have such passion for. It’s what makes all of us special. I am reenergized for the road ahead, a road that I very well admit could end in defeat. Whatever the outcome, I take comfort in knowing it is a road and a cross The People can bear best. I put my fate in Their hands.

I welcome myself to the race, with all my opponent(s) well, and look forward to the campaign ahead.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #110 on: January 09, 2014, 09:30:20 PM »

Four months ago, I supported your campaign for Presidency, and I have no regrets today. You've been a wonderful President who is truly dedicated to improving this game. Having served as President before, I have a great amount of respect for the job you've done, and I look forward to seeing four more months of success in Atlasia.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #111 on: January 09, 2014, 09:49:12 PM »

I have been supporting you for President for a length of time longer than most people have even been playing this game and I am happy to do so again. You stuck with me when they said it was nuts to try and helped me to revive the RPP from the throes of death into the success, into the greatness that was so unfortunately deprived from us by force. Out of those ashes you created a new party and even offered me a home in it. We have disagreed at times, but we have worked together far more. Four months ago this country united and we made history together. Lets come together and make history one more time! Smiley
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #112 on: January 09, 2014, 09:56:18 PM »

Endorsed
Flake
JacobTiver
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #113 on: January 09, 2014, 10:19:30 PM »

I am happily endorsing you. I wish you and Matt well in the primary. It will be a hard fought one and I hope the Federalists make the right decision come February.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #114 on: January 10, 2014, 05:51:06 PM »

Endorsed.

I owe you an apology, but I am much too prideful.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #115 on: January 10, 2014, 06:51:30 PM »

Endorsed.

I owe you an apology, but I am much too prideful.

Don't worry. I've been ripped far worse than anything you ever said. Tongue
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.03, S: -8.87

« Reply #116 on: January 10, 2014, 08:19:46 PM »
« Edited: January 10, 2014, 08:28:18 PM by VP Matt »

You guys are the best, I'll be sure to invite you all to our Caribbean Yacht Party dinner/fundraiser in February! Cheesy
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #117 on: January 11, 2014, 12:08:17 AM »

Cheesy Obviously endorsed.
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.03, S: -8.87

« Reply #118 on: January 12, 2014, 12:09:11 PM »

VP Matt, is in Jerusalem this afternoon to attend the funeral of former Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon, and to pay respects from the administration.

I'm saddened to hear about the passing of former Prime Minister Ariel Sharon. He lived an extraordinary life, and certainly, will not be forgotten."

Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #119 on: January 12, 2014, 01:09:06 PM »

Endorsed for the primary and the election!
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #120 on: January 13, 2014, 03:21:09 PM »

What could you offer the Cultural Marxist Party in exchange for an endorsement?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #121 on: January 13, 2014, 03:36:34 PM »

What could you offer the Cultural Marxist Party in exchange for an endorsement?

I am the President. I can offer money, crony positions, pardons for imprisoned criminals, special appointments, etc. It depends on what you want from me and what you can promise me in return.
Incipimus iterum
United States

« Reply #122 on: January 13, 2014, 05:49:34 PM »

You will have my Backing 1000% in this Election
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #123 on: January 13, 2014, 08:56:15 PM »

You will have my Backing 1000% in this Election

Thank you. I hope the rest of my supporters are also behind me 1000%.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #124 on: January 14, 2014, 11:35:32 PM »

Enthusiastically endorsed for the primary, Mr. President, you have done a good work during the past months and you deserve renomination from your party. I don't know if the presidential field will change or if this is bound to be a Federalist/Labor duel, but with the current field I would be happy to support you on the general election as well!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 12  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies