The People's White House: Duke Administration (On my Farewell)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 01:52:39 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The People's White House: Duke Administration (On my Farewell)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12
Author Topic: The People's White House: Duke Administration (On my Farewell)  (Read 17940 times)
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: January 15, 2014, 12:02:32 AM »

Thank you, Mr. Lumine! On behalf of myself, Matt and our friends in our administration, we will continue our hard work to honor The People and you!
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #126 on: January 16, 2014, 05:08:59 PM »

What could you offer the Cultural Marxist Party in exchange for an endorsement?

I am the President. I can offer money, crony positions, pardons for imprisoned criminals, special appointments, etc. It depends on what you want from me and what you can promise me in return.

I'd be most interested in the money. Can you give provide me a ballpark figure as to how much each coerced convinced voter is worth to you?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #127 on: January 16, 2014, 05:17:04 PM »

I am the President. I can offer money, crony positions, pardons for imprisoned criminals, special appointments, etc. It depends on what you want from me and what you can promise me in return.

I'd be most interested in the money. Can you give provide me a ballpark figure as to how much each coerced convinced voter is worth to you?

I'll be honest with you, Franzl. My White House has been under fire from all sides. The scene is as bloody as Gettysburg and more volatile than the Vietnam War. But through this travesty has come some good. My campaign's ability to launder moneyfund raising has never been stronger. The People have taken to the street, marching for liberty and justice for Their Voice in the White House. We have all seen the news. There is unrest, but the night is darkest before the dawn. With your help, their nerves may be calmed.

I am willing to offer you upwards of $5,000 per vote that you are able to deliver to my campaign. Many will argue that this is illegal - and it is - but thankfully I am President and above the law. I hope you will consider this offer. If there is one thing I still can do, it is outspend my opponents, even if I go down in flames.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #128 on: January 16, 2014, 05:22:10 PM »

You are not above the law Duke.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #129 on: January 16, 2014, 05:27:06 PM »

I'll be honest with you, Franzl. My White House has been under fire from all sides. The scene is as bloody as Gettysburg and more volatile than the Vietnam War. But through this travesty has come some good. My campaign's ability to launder moneyfund raising has never been stronger. The People have taken to the street, marching for liberty and justice for Their Voice in the White House. We have all seen the news. There is unrest, but the night is darkest before the dawn. With your help, their nerves may be calmed.

I am willing to offer you upwards of $5,000 per vote that you are able to deliver to my campaign. Many will argue that this is illegal - and it is - but thankfully I am President and above the law. I hope you will consider this offer. If there is one thing I still can do, it is outspend my opponents, even if I go down in flames.

Alright then, let's get to work doing what we do best, respectively. You get the money laundering going, and my team and I will start the threatening and the bribing.

I'm convinced everyone will profit from this business arrangement.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #130 on: January 16, 2014, 05:30:09 PM »

Alright then, let's get to work doing what we do best, respectively. You get the money laundering going, and my team and I will start the threatening and the bribing.

I'm convinced everyone will profit from this business arrangement.

Excellent. Once you deliver me the votesproduct, I will deliver you the cash. We have had past dealings, so you know I am good for the money. The Courts do too.

Let's get to work.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #131 on: January 17, 2014, 03:10:43 PM »

I always like to give explanations to The People when I post a redraft to clear up any confusion you all may have. My latest experiment is the Let The Regions Get Their Highway Money. The gist behind this is, no region has legislated this, so we may as well do away with it.

Badger brought up a good point, and since I am in full on lawyer mode at the moment, it hit home to me. Drunk driving is not only dangerous for the idiot who gets behind the wheel, but it also effects the victim of the drunk driver, if there is someone involved. Asking regions to implements standards that are supported by scientific research is not overbearing because it is for the public good.

I have given the regions a reprieve for 6 months to pass this legislation, and if they fail to do so by July 1, they will begin losing the money until they do comply with this legislation. I think it is a fair compromise and will only benefit the public.

Plus, we are improving communication between the federal and regional government, and that is always a good thing.
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -6.61

« Reply #132 on: January 17, 2014, 03:16:10 PM »

I always like to give explanations to The People when I post a redraft to clear up any confusion you all may have. My latest experiment is the Let The Regions Get Their Highway Money. The gist behind this is, no region has legislated this, so we may as well do away with it.

Badger brought up a good point, and since I am in full on lawyer mode at the moment, it hit home to me. Drunk driving is not only dangerous for the idiot who gets behind the wheel, but it also effects the victim of the drunk driver, if there is someone involved. Asking regions to implements standards that are supported by scientific research is not overbearing because it is for the public good.

I have given the regions a reprieve for 6 months to pass this legislation, and if they fail to do so by July 1, they will begin losing the money until they do comply with this legislation. I think it is a fair compromise and will only benefit the public.

Plus, we are improving communication between the federal and regional government, and that is always a good thing.

Breaking News: You can't take away money that's not in our budget.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #133 on: January 17, 2014, 03:21:26 PM »

Let's reframe this: the Federal government will increase your highway funds by 10%! Sounds good, doesn't it?

This bill mainly changes the compliance date given the original version had passed in 2009/2010. It allows the regions to finally legislate this and receive the additional 10% permanently. As the bill was currently written, there was no way the region could comply with the bill even if they wanted to because the old date had passed.
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #134 on: January 17, 2014, 03:29:21 PM »

Let's reframe this: the Federal government will increase your highway funds by 10%! Sounds good, doesn't it?

This bill mainly changes the compliance date given the original version had passed in 2009/2010. It allows the regions to finally legislate this and receive the additional 10% permanently. As the bill was currently written, there was no way the region could comply with the bill even if they wanted to because the old date had passed.

Oh I'm sure you worked out the dates just fine. Its just like I said in the thread on the government board --the Senate is out of touch. They only come to the regional executives when they need something.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #135 on: January 17, 2014, 03:33:32 PM »

Oh I'm sure you worked out the dates just fine. Its just like I said in the thread on the government board --the Senate is out of touch. They only come to the regional executives when they need something.

I get your frustration. As I said in the other thread, in theory, I suppose, in your case, the NE regionally elected senator should be in touch with the you or the legislature, but I realize that doesn't always happen.

If we are ever going to increase region/fed communication, people have to step up and do it. I can take it on myself to alert the governors, but I don't want to concentrate power and give myself all the responsibilities. I won't be around forever.

At any rate, you now have all of your federal funds available to you if the senate passes the bill. Take yourself to dinner or something. Tongue
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #136 on: January 17, 2014, 10:49:47 PM »
« Edited: January 17, 2014, 10:52:22 PM by President Duke »

On the Supreme Court Vacancy

Good evening, my sweet friends.

Ever since Opebo was slain (RIP) a few days ago, the Supreme Court has been without a Justice. We have looked longingly at the empty bench, watching it cry out in pain as the big 3 became the big two.

In filling this vacancy, I factored in three things that were important to me. First, the appointee had to be a friend of mine. Yes, being on my good side gets you places, and my nominee has been both a friend and a mentor for a long time. We are both in the legal fraternity, and we both understand and respect the law. Second, my nominee needed to understand the law. He is far more experienced and understands it much better than I do, and I am honored to be able to nominate him to the bench.

Third, the nominee needs to have exhibited professionalism throughout his career. My nominee has always been a respectful voice in Atlas and Atlasia, and has a long career playing this game dating back to The Glory Days. He will bring a sound and independent voice to the Court, and his qualifications are unmatched. I am thrilled he accepted my appointment. The Court will be lucky to have him, just as  you all are lucky to have me as your President. Wink

I am proud to announce I am nominating Torie to fill the vacancy in the Supreme Court.
Enderman
Jack Enderman
United States

« Reply #137 on: January 17, 2014, 11:31:04 PM »

Ironic considering beyond Atlasia, but great none-the-less... Smiley
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #138 on: January 18, 2014, 02:13:40 AM »

Wonderful choice, Mr. President.
Supersonic
SupersonicVenue
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.90, S: 0.35

« Reply #139 on: January 18, 2014, 08:57:23 AM »

I approve.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #140 on: January 18, 2014, 06:04:24 PM »

ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #141 on: January 24, 2014, 01:52:08 PM »

Excellent appointment. I hope Torie will be confirmed. He's by far the most qualified and competent Atlasian for the job.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #142 on: January 25, 2014, 04:29:44 PM »
« Edited: January 25, 2014, 04:34:23 PM by President Duke »

Public Plea for the Pacific

In the few short moments, the Senate will conclude their voting on the Pacific Stimulus bill. This piece of legislations aims to dump in excess of $80 billion into the region and provide it with much needed capital to begin their resurrection. I encourage any senator that may be on the fence and has not voted to support this bill. A healthy Pacific means a healthy Atlasia. We are all connected in this economy, and it is my goal to see all 5 regions healthy and functioning. The People demand it. The People want it, just like you want that girl at the bar. Let's all do this together and see to it that our friends out west are on their road to recovery.

I want to  go ahead and thank my friend and former member of The Party(RIP The Party), Oakvale, the Pacific citizens, and the Senate publicly for their hard work on this bill. What began as sort of an afterthought has morphed into something special. I am confident it is the right move during this time of crisis, and the results we will see from it will exceed all our expectations. Sometimes, we have to grab Atlasia by the balls to accomplish things, and rest assured, I am not afraid to grab them and squeeze them until I get results. 
PJ
Politics Junkie
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #143 on: January 25, 2014, 04:39:21 PM »

*applause*
Incipimus iterum
United States

« Reply #144 on: January 25, 2014, 04:58:11 PM »

Excellent Choice
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #145 on: January 28, 2014, 07:24:43 PM »

Tonight  I issued executive order #691 (after my favorite number, 69), that ended the state of emergency in the pacific region following the passage of the stimulus bill. Rich, I know, given their governor just up and disappeared without warning this morning.

I am putting faith in those still there and acting governor DemPGH to continue the region's turn around. Oakvale will continue to his role as an oversight entity. I look forward to the progress ahead.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #146 on: February 07, 2014, 08:59:54 PM »

On the Canadian Crisis

Good evening, sweet friends,

As many of you have heard, Atlasia is in a little spat with Canada over the transportation of decriminalized drugs into their borders, which has led to a crisis. But rest assured, I want all of our people to know that tonight, my administration has it under control, thanks to the hard work of our SoEA, Superique.

In order to hasten an end to this crisis, Atlasia intends to make the following concessions to Canada in exchange for the lifting of the flight, economic and travel embargoes currently in place between the two countries.

First, we agree that Canada is within their own rights as a sovereign nation to prosecute those responsible for transferring the drugs into their country, as Canada is their own nation and the crimes were committed in their borders. We will do nothing to stop this.

Second, we are supportive in Canada's efforts to strengthen their border security to ensure drugs that are illegal according to their laws are kept out of their country.

Third, I will issue an executive order that will call for increased security in airports to ensure that drugs that are illegal according to Canadian law are not being transported into Canada through the skies.

Finally, I will ask the Senate to amend our drug laws making it illegal to these decriminalized or illegal drugs to countries where they are not legalized. While I am happy with the progress we have seen when it comes to our drug culture here in Atlasia, we must understand other countries laws are different, and we cannot assume they believe what I believe.

It is my hope that Prime Minister Harper and the government of Canada will accept these concessions in exchange for opening the borders between our countries once again for both travel and trade. I know that if we work together, we can end this crisis before it hurts our country's respective economies and people. Canada and Atlasia have long been allies in the world community, and I intend for both our countries to continue to be for a long time to come.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #147 on: February 14, 2014, 12:36:16 PM »

On Love

I wanted to take a quick second to wish all of you a happy valentines day. During a time when I'm taking heavy fire from both my left and right flank, I want us all to take a step back and share our love for one another, share a meal had fall asleep in each other's arms watching House of Cards. I know AndrewTx and I will enjoy ourselves.

And remember, we love you all here at the Duke administration, whether you love us or not. Wink

Yellow heart

Duke

sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #148 on: February 14, 2014, 11:31:43 PM »

I believe in a thing called love
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #149 on: February 16, 2014, 01:42:58 PM »

I guess I should know by now that I can't leave Atlasia for a weekend without something terrible happening. It's like clockwork!

That said, I'm back to my regular scheduled activities.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies