The People's White House: Duke Administration (On my Farewell)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 08:34:51 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The People's White House: Duke Administration (On my Farewell)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 12
Author Topic: The People's White House: Duke Administration (On my Farewell)  (Read 17915 times)
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: November 17, 2013, 01:06:43 PM »

Good afternoon, friends. It has been a week or so since your benevolent leader checked in with The People, and I wanted to give you an update on where we are today and where we are going.

Corporate Tax Reform

This is something I ran on during the campaign. It is unclear as to how this is accomplished in Atlasia, but it seems it can be accomplished in a few manners. I plan to introduce a bill, assuming a Senator sponsors it, that will end all deferral methods corporations use to horde cash overseas to avoid taxation. This means that regardless of where a company derives its income, it will pay Atlasian taxes on the money. No more tax shelters.

Now, many of you will say, wait, this will hurt our competitiveness around the world! Wrong. To compliment this change, I will propose dropping the top rate from 35% to 25% and offer tax exempt status on the investments companies make HERE in ATLASIA, be it new infrastructure, factories, hiring ATLASIAN workers, etc. I want companies to invest in this country and not overseas, and my administration will make sure we give them incentive to do so. We are about GROWING our ECONOMY and JOB MARKET. I will work for this till I die.

FritzCare

SoIA Superique and I have been in contact recently about some domestic changes we wish to implement. In the next few days, we plan to introduce a bill calling for a FritzCare card to be given to all citizens. This move will save our government billions over the next few years and allow us to spend the savings on other things to benefit The People.

Education

This is always a hot topic, and I will admit I know very little about the policy. Thankfully, my advisors and friends do. My administration plans to introduce an education bill in the next few weeks with the help of IDS Rep Scott. We aim to focus very heavily on improving our sciences and implementing programs by working with corporations to start apprenticeships, allowing students to gain access to these companies and further increasing their likelihood at obtaining a job upon graduation.

These are but a few ways we think will help our economy continue to recover. We look forward to working with the Senate and The People over the next few weeks to accomplish these goals for the good of Atlasia!
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #51 on: November 19, 2013, 03:57:59 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I have proposed the following bill to the Senate. I am confident if passed, we will see an influx of money back into this country, which will undoubtedly improve our nation's economy, job market, and make Atlasia the place to do business.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #52 on: November 19, 2013, 07:27:15 PM »

Good bill, Mr. President.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #53 on: November 19, 2013, 07:34:34 PM »

We are already reducing Corporate rates to the brackets you have (though the Nix one actually has 0% tax rate up to 100K). As for the rest of the bill, I am for it.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #54 on: November 19, 2013, 08:52:42 PM »

We are already reducing Corporate rates to the brackets you have (though the Nix one actually has 0% tax rate up to 100K). As for the rest of the bill, I am for it.

I was unsure about what we had done and how to change the current tax code. Nix seemed to think we could pass it in the budget or keep it separate, but either way, I would like to see this done so we can encourage domestic growth and discourage offshore cash hoarding.
Sec. of State Superique
Superique
Brazil

« Reply #55 on: November 20, 2013, 06:40:07 PM »

I was unsure about what we had done and how to change the current tax code. Nix seemed to think we could pass it in the budget or keep it separate, but either way, I would like to see this done so we can encourage domestic growth and discourage offshore cash hoarding.

That is perfectly true Mr. Maxwell. Duke, our Corporate Taxes are much lower now, and I'm deeply sorry if I couldn't tell you earlie. Despite of the out-dated tax reform, the rest of the bill will be good for Atlasia.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #56 on: November 20, 2013, 07:00:14 PM »

Do I need to alter the text I introduced in that case?
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #57 on: November 20, 2013, 09:53:34 PM »

Good afternoon, friends. It has been a week or so since your benevolent leader checked in with The People, and I wanted to give you an update on where we are today and where we are going.

Corporate Tax Reform

This is something I ran on during the campaign. It is unclear as to how this is accomplished in Atlasia, but it seems it can be accomplished in a few manners. I plan to introduce a bill, assuming a Senator sponsors it, that will end all deferral methods corporations use to horde cash overseas to avoid taxation. This means that regardless of where a company derives its income, it will pay Atlasian taxes on the money. No more tax shelters.

DC Al Fine disapproves of you ruining his tax practice Wink
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #58 on: November 21, 2013, 04:38:31 PM »

Okay. If our rates are already lower, I can modify the original bill. The rest of it still will be good for our economy, especially if we hadn't closed our deferral and tax shelter loopholes.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #59 on: November 21, 2013, 09:01:47 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I just proposed the above bill as well. I am no expert on healthcare law, but I strongly favor taking the system entirely electronic, because the savings over time are too great to ignore. We can invest that money in other areas of Atlasia besides in our healthcare bureaucracy.
GAworth
United States

« Reply #60 on: November 23, 2013, 01:34:07 AM »

This sounds good, however, what those who do not have access to the internet (Poor, rural, elderly) or can not maneuver the internet (elderly come to mind) especially something as important as healthcare.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #61 on: November 24, 2013, 05:02:40 PM »

This sounds good, however, what those who do not have access to the internet (Poor, rural, elderly) or can not maneuver the internet (elderly come to mind) especially something as important as healthcare.

We will leave that task up to the regions. They will be in charge of making sure everyone is given a card and registered properly. I don't expect to burden poor people with having to do it on their own on internet they have no access to.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #62 on: November 26, 2013, 01:47:59 PM »

***NOTICE***

Friends and fellow citizens,

Exam season is fast approaching for your Humble and Benevolent Leader. Starting Tuesday of next week, I will take 4 exams and finish a 30 page paper on overseas corporate taxation. Because of this, my activity here will be severely limited. I imagine my approvals will tank, riots will break out, and people will hate me, but this is my life, and I imagine many of you will also be going through the same.

Exams end December 13, so after that, I will be back in full capacity. Have no fear though, I will be around to debate and sign bills, but if I seem a bit disconnected, it is because I am going through the most difficult period of my school year.

Thanks for your understanding.

Love,

Duke
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #63 on: November 30, 2013, 12:53:44 AM »
« Edited: November 30, 2013, 01:31:44 AM by President Duke »

With consolidation bill dead (RIP), it's time we moved onto other ways to implement or at least discuss the plan I proposed during the campaign. I will use my executive power as best I can to fastrack those discussions. Yes, I am disappointed that the consolidation amendment failed after all the discussion that took place, but no need to sit back and point fingers.

Let's move forward. It's not like the movement is dead - it has been delayed, which is nice given my time constraints until mid-December anyway, and this is all about me anyway as I have said before.

For any of you that miss me, listen to this song and remember the good times. We'll be rocking the funky beat again soon enough.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0bXdMQlrEY
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #64 on: December 06, 2013, 11:37:39 PM »

I am happy to announce my exams are 3/4th of the way finished, with only a paper and exam between pain and suffering and Christmas break.

I want to thank the great people of this country for their patience and love during this difficult period. For any of you who have not been through law school, it's difficult to understand my pain, and for those of you who want to do it, don't. You'll save all kinds of stress and money in the process.

When I return in full capacity next week, I want to move towards reintroducing the consolidation amendment to the senate and god willing, this time more senators will vote to pass it so we can at least begin the national discussion of what to do to give Atlasia some shock therapy.

If anyone has any questions or concerns, or wants to share your personal opinion of me, please don't be afraid to talk or ask. I am here to serve you
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #65 on: December 08, 2013, 06:23:52 PM »

The People's Team is on the verge of a first round exit!
GAworth
United States

« Reply #66 on: December 08, 2013, 09:20:30 PM »

The Record Courier would to do a sit down with you on regional reform and/or receive editorials from you.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #67 on: December 08, 2013, 09:45:27 PM »

I'm willing to do an interview or whatever you'd like me to do.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #68 on: December 14, 2013, 06:38:16 PM »

Friends,

It's that time of year once again - time for the December senate elections. These elections have a special place in my heart. In December 2009, I won my first senate election and sent on to serve far too many terms for my own good.

No matter who you vote for, go out and vote. It's your CIVIC DUTY to pull that level for your candidate. I have made no public endorsements in this race mainly because I have been offered no money to do so, but that doesn't mean I want a poor turnout.

So go vote! If you don't know who to pick, write me in! I wouldn't be a bad senator, and I am well connected to the president.
Flake
JacobTiver
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #69 on: December 14, 2013, 10:49:08 PM »

I have made no public endorsements in this race mainly because I have been offered no money

*cough*
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #70 on: December 15, 2013, 11:59:25 PM »

You guys, dude, I have no influence in this game so don't worry, I can't win anyone an election. Good luck. Wink
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #71 on: December 16, 2013, 12:02:08 AM »

Looks like I missed the chance to vote. I thought it was Saturday!
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #72 on: December 16, 2013, 01:14:00 AM »

Tonight was a night where we witnessed history, and not because I was too drunk to vote. Once again, you all stacked our government with cronies from my past, which will make my job easier, and I am glad for it. I am happy to congratulate Talleyrand and Mr. X, two members of The People's Party, Shua, who should've joined, Tmth, who was also a former member, and Goldwater, who, well, he may have joined too with enough moneylove thrown at him.

I welcome the new senate to this process and wish them the best of luck. As always, my office is always open, my bedroom door is always cracked for my friends, and my PM box is always spread like a girl on prom night.

To those who did not win, please stick with the game. We do not run for the senate because it is easy. It's because it is hard. I am always here to talk and mentor whenever I may be of service.

Enjoy.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #73 on: December 21, 2013, 02:34:52 PM »
« Edited: December 21, 2013, 02:38:31 PM by President Duke »

Ever had something you wanted to ask but didn't?

Afraid of the shadow governments you see in your sleep?

Ever thought the president was awful but you didn't have the forum to tell him?

Have an opinion on a bill you want known?

Want duke to bring you something down your chimney?

Now's your chance to right those wrongs at the presidential Christmas forum! Come one, come all! Gather round the fire and ask Santa Duke anything!
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #74 on: December 21, 2013, 02:47:00 PM »
« Edited: December 21, 2013, 03:17:32 PM by Senator Maxwell »

Do you have anything you would wish to add/subtract from the Atlasian Space Reform Act?

Also, what will I get for Christmas? Coal like usual?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 12  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies