The People's White House: Duke Administration (On my Farewell)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 07:13:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The People's White House: Duke Administration (On my Farewell)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12
Author Topic: The People's White House: Duke Administration (On my Farewell)  (Read 17879 times)
Donerail
Atlas Icon
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #175 on: March 09, 2014, 09:24:18 AM »

Please equally extend to this to all fleeing religious persecution.

The gays are the ones running away from religious persecution.

What about Christians fleeing for their lives from the Islamic Crescent or the persecution of atheistic/humanistic communism? Shouldn't they have a place to go and be free to worship as their conscience calls them too. Yes we should be compassionate to the LGBT community but not at the expense of our communities of faith.

As has been said already, you are already eligible for asylum in this country if you fear persecution on the basis of your religion.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #176 on: March 09, 2014, 10:32:05 AM »

Not all African countries persecute gay people, and there are plenty of other countries far worse than Russia on this. And Ukraine?
Sec. of State Superique
Superique
Brazil

« Reply #177 on: March 09, 2014, 10:50:38 AM »

Not all African countries persecute gay people, and there are plenty of other countries far worse than Russia on this. And Ukraine?
Ukraine was pretty unecessary but anyway, I'll provide further detail on how we are going to deal with those immigrants who are seeking asylum!
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #178 on: March 09, 2014, 11:18:04 AM »

Very limited group, but those in Russian-occupied Ukraine who believe they may be subject to persecution - we've also allocated refugee visas for those who believe they'll be targeted because of their language or ethnicity. We've already received some disturbing reports about the Tatar population - we don't want to take any chances. Svoboda isn't exactly known for being gay-friendly either, and I know Sen. TNF had concerns about Svoboda in the Senate.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #179 on: March 09, 2014, 02:01:11 PM »
« Edited: March 09, 2014, 02:27:29 PM by President Duke »

WELCOME BACK, SWEET SIMFAN! RALLY

Friends,

I am PLEASED to announce that this morning, a deal has been reached in the Negotiated Settlement granting Simfan a safe and peaceful return from an exile that began a year and 3 weeks ago. I couldn’t be happier to see our sweet boy once again contribute and lift the morale of this great nation in this time of need, when crises flood our TVs and death and despair fill the news.

Please join Matt and I in welcoming back Simfan! The People’s First Senator! Today is indeed a great day for The People, and I am PROUD TO see their Will be done. May Their cheers fill our ears until our eardrums pop!
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #180 on: March 09, 2014, 02:16:55 PM »

JFK Airport, New York, New York

Mr. President, I am moved by your kind words and your support and of all The People in this trying time of ours. I commend your loyalty and dedication towards achieving the Negotiated Settlement which has just been agreed to. I shall come down to Nyman to meet with you as soon as I can, for I am at the beck and and call of The People at all hours, particular those late in the evening. I can hardly hear you, the roar of the jet engines is so loud. I'll go inside where it is quieter, and I hear the Lufthansa lounge has caviar...
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #181 on: March 09, 2014, 03:33:32 PM »

I love how Duke establishes asylum for African gays and Simfan shows up the next day. Tongue
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #182 on: March 09, 2014, 03:36:36 PM »

I love how Duke establishes asylum for African gays and Simfan shows up the next day. Tongue

LOL good one! Tongue

Mr. President, we have received 187,000 applications here in Addis Ababa in the last 5 days. How will we screen for gay-ness?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #183 on: March 09, 2014, 03:54:24 PM »

LOL good one! Tongue

Mr. President, we have received 187,000 applications here in Addis Ababa in the last 5 days. How will we screen for gay-ness?

I suggested we show them videos from my collection and watch their reactions, but I am open to suggestions. We must find an answer to this Question of Our Time soon!
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -6.61

« Reply #184 on: March 09, 2014, 06:40:12 PM »

I welcome Simfan's return to the great region of the Northeast. The People have longed for the return of their fallen hero --and he has returned. Today is a great day for all of Atlasia. Let us cease making remarks and start the drinking!
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #185 on: March 09, 2014, 07:02:42 PM »

What a great day for The People!
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #186 on: March 11, 2014, 08:26:05 AM »

The Pacific Revival

I awoke from my slumber this morning hearing voices in my head, faint voices, whispering to me about progress and love and working together for the common good. As I began to cry tears of joy once again, I was confused. I knew that the reason for those voices yesterday was due to The Party's Resurrection, but today, I was unsure.

I grabbed my ipad and quickly navigated to the GM report to find that the Pacific unemployment rate is now down to 15% from a high of over 20% just a few months ago. Friends, The People's Plan for the Pacific region is working.

I want to thank my project manager, Oakvale, a true servant of The People, and thank the pacific council, acting governor DemPGH, and the rest of those involved in this progress. Today, we are seeing progress, and I couldn't be happier. The People continue to march this nation forward, one skip at a time.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #187 on: March 16, 2014, 10:34:55 PM »

Knowledge is Power

Good evening friends,

I have been away for a week, toiling away in the great state of North Carolina, celebrating my spring break and visiting women, my dad, and my sister.

But my absence is over, order is restored, and now is the time to continue this glorious march towards hell. Today, I have introduced the first part of the Duke-Scott Educating The People Reform Bill. The first part to my multi-part education reform plan focuses mainly on establishing some basic things our public schools should be offering our children and giving more power to teachers to chose their own curriculum.

Finally, this bill aims to modernize our school system, setting aside $2 billion to expand Wifi access in all of our schools nationwide. We need 21st century facilities to provide a 21st century education. The People demand it, and Their children deserve it. My administration and friends (especially thank you, Scott) will not rest until it becomes a reality. This is our future, Atlasia! Let's give them all the opportunity in the world to succeed!
Sec. of State Superique
Superique
Brazil

« Reply #188 on: March 17, 2014, 04:10:39 AM »

What a beatiful surprise!
Rowan
RowanBrandon
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 4.70

« Reply #189 on: March 17, 2014, 08:11:58 PM »

I finally found this building, Mr. President. I presume my office is ready?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #190 on: March 17, 2014, 11:50:45 PM »

I finally found this building, Mr. President. I presume my office is ready?

Yes, you're just in time for the beginning of our glorious second term!
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #191 on: March 26, 2014, 01:31:32 AM »
« Edited: March 26, 2014, 01:45:20 AM by President Duke »

On Aliens in our Alleyway

As many of you are aware, Atlasia was visited by little green men from mars a few days ago, and it appears as if some of them like our land and intend to stick around for a bit to do some light shopping, puruse our groceries stores, and maybe site see in our citiesgod knows what they're doing here.

While we mean our alien friends no harm, I want to let The People know that your administration is working hard for you to ensure that we may engage in intercourse with the aliens safely.

First, through my SoIA, my administration will begin assessing our current biohazard response plan and plugging any holes or shortcomings we may have in it. It's important we protect ourselves from any and all potential viruses or biological infections we may contract.

Second, we are developing a framework for the coordination of federal, regional and local governments so we can effectively educate and train emergency response personnel to response correctly to anything that may arise.

Finally, remember, these aliens may be our friends, and we may learn magical things from them. I urge everyone not to open fire until instructed otherwiseuntil I use my presidential powers to begin the war of the worlds, my lasting legacy and gift to Atlasia.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #192 on: March 26, 2014, 09:23:07 PM »

On Mudslides

If you haven't noticed, tragedy has struck Washington state in the forum of giant mudslides that have destroyed countless properties and killed far too many people for my liking. It has shown that even with all the technology in today's world, Mother Nature can still ruthlessly murder people without any notice.

I encourage the leaders of the Pacific region to submit to the federal government any needs they have. We plan to work with them to ensure relief is brought to the victims of this disaster, and that they are provided with the necessary funds to rebuild.

My bleeding heart goes out to all the victims and the families affected by these mudslides. I hope the worst is over, and we can begin the road to recovery, hand in hand, together.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #193 on: April 02, 2014, 03:33:38 PM »

On my Job Plan

Friends,

Today, I introduced my administration's new plan to not only increase employment in Atlasia, but turn us green as well! If passed, first, this bill will provide much needed cash credits to new businesses creating jobs and to businesses creating green jobs that help our environment and make this place better for our young boys and girls.

Second, it will make available to all businesses a line of credit with a fair interest rate to all businesses who need liquidity to make improvements or anything else.

I look forward to the debate and passing of this bill, and look forward to what it can do for this country.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #194 on: April 09, 2014, 03:58:25 PM »

On Matt's Resignation

I come to you today with some regretful news, but news that must be broken regardless. Matt came to me this morning offering his resignation as Vice President, and I have accepted it. Matt informed me that he had a lot going on with his life at the moment, all positive, mind you, and was busy with sports, school and the process of applying to college. While I am sad to see him go, I understand. We've all been there. When I was 18, I was barely on this forum, much less playing Atlasia. I was chasing girls, hanging out with my friends and enjoying the final days of my high school life.

With all of that said, I will appoint my choice to fulfill the remainder of Matt's term shortly. I assume Matt must first resign publicly before I can make that appointment, so I'll wait for him to officially bow out.

I'm thankful for all Matt has done for this administration and will always remember the glorious journey we set out on together in September 2013. I'll always consider him part of my team regardless of where we all end up.

God speed, sweet prince.
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -6.61

« Reply #195 on: April 09, 2014, 04:05:37 PM »

Matt was a great VP and served well. Hopefully he will be hanging out with all of the ladies now.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #196 on: April 09, 2014, 05:35:15 PM »

Goodnight, sweet prince
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #197 on: April 09, 2014, 06:09:53 PM »

Vice Presidential Appointment

While Matt's loss still stings, he would not want us to mourn his departure without filling his office with a valuable replacement to make my heart whole again and steer the ship forward.

Thus, I am appointing Cincinnatus to the office of Vice President. At long last, Duke/Cinci shall reign supreme, forever and ever, amen.

Today's events remind me of this quote from the band Bastille, "if you close your eyes, does it almost feel like nothing's changed at all?"
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #198 on: April 09, 2014, 06:11:42 PM »

Today's events remind me of this quote from the band Bastille, "if you close your eyes, does it almost feel like nothing's changed at all?"
Hum? Maybe more: "The King is dead. Long live the King"? Tongue
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #199 on: April 09, 2014, 06:16:59 PM »

Hum? Maybe more: "The King is dead. Long live the King"? Tongue

We are lobbying to have my remaining four month term in office transformed into a life term, where we will reign until one of us dies.

So yes, my friend, long live Duke/Cinci. Wink
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies