The People's White House: Duke Administration (On my Farewell)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 03:34:04 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The People's White House: Duke Administration (On my Farewell)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12
Author Topic: The People's White House: Duke Administration (On my Farewell)  (Read 17884 times)
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #200 on: April 09, 2014, 06:18:20 PM »

Nookie>Vice Presidency of Atlasia.
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #201 on: April 09, 2014, 06:22:53 PM »

Vice Presidential Appointment

Today's events remind me of this quote from the band Bastille, "if you close your eyes, does it almost feel like nothing's changed at all?"
Hum? Maybe more: "The King is dead. Long live the King"? Tongue

We are lobbying to have my remaining four month term in office transformed into a life term, where we will reign until one of us dies.

So yes, my friend, long live Duke/Cinci. Wink

Your kidneys will never outlast me Dukey.  I hope you have a donor already lined up.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #202 on: April 09, 2014, 06:32:58 PM »

A truly glorious day! At long last, The People's Ticket is upon us- a most, most glorious day!
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -6.61

« Reply #203 on: April 09, 2014, 07:17:21 PM »

A truly glorious day! At long last, The People's Ticket is upon us- a most, most glorious day!
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #204 on: April 09, 2014, 09:57:00 PM »

For people who like throwbacks, found this on my laptop from October 2011...:

Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #205 on: April 09, 2014, 09:58:11 PM »

This is the greatest day in this nation's history.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #206 on: April 09, 2014, 10:10:14 PM »

For people who like throwbacks, found this on my laptop from October 2011...:

...Finally!
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #207 on: April 11, 2014, 10:31:07 AM »

On The People's Prophecy

In a few short minutes, the senate will finish voting to confirm Cincinnatus as our next Vice President. This is a homecoming of sorts for the both of us. Two years ago, The Ticket fought valiantly but lost by two votes. During the peak of JCP power, it showed that strength in the face of impossibility can inspire a generation.

Indeed, subsequent elections always began with talk of The Ticket. The People's Voices would whisper Duke/Cinci into the phone each time a pollster called. Eventually, pollsters quit including The Ticket in their polls, at which point riots ensued and women and children died in the streets.

By October 2013, the two year anniversary of The Ticket's brave assault on Atlasia, the whispers became cries. We were shaken. I knew it was time to run. But cinci had been inactive since The People Party died. So Matt stepped in and served Them with honor, dignity and spirit.

But with Matt's death, The People's Prophecy finally became reality. They demanded Their Ticket. They had waited over two years. They knew it was time. Today, The People's Ticket finally occupies the White House.

Finally, we are united behind The People's Will, and rest assured, Atlasia is in for a treat.
Enderman
Jack Enderman
United States

« Reply #208 on: April 11, 2014, 03:46:30 PM »

He died? I thought he resigned Huh
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #209 on: April 11, 2014, 04:03:42 PM »

He died from a heart attack because  FRITZCARE IS OBAMACARE, AND OBAMACARE IS KILLING EVERYONE.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #210 on: April 13, 2014, 08:41:42 AM »

I died once too... I think I died in a freak accident when I was SoIA
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #211 on: April 13, 2014, 08:38:21 PM »

The revolving door that is my cabinet continues, as Maxwell has resigned from the office of attorney general. Is anyone is interested and enjoys arguing and updating the wiki, please contact me or my Vice President, and we will take care of you.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #212 on: April 21, 2014, 12:57:50 AM »

On the Senate Elections

Big congrats to Adam, Alfred, Lumine, Goldwater and Shua.

Here's to looking forward to an active, engaging Senate next session. This President has grown weary and needs a good controversy that doesn't involve my drinking habits.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #213 on: April 30, 2014, 06:00:28 PM »

Updates on Intro To Atlasia and Healthcare

I wanted to check in with you all about some of the things going on in Atlasia. I hope you read it, but if you don't, it wouldn't be the first time I was ignored.

Intro to Atlasia

Tmth approached me a few days ago about this thread. He, as many of you are aware, is no longer very active in the game nor active on the forum at large. As sad as we all are to see this, the show must go on. In response to this, I am giving Flo the privilege to operate this thread now so it will remain up to date in case new players join the game and wish to read up on things.

Healthcare

Healthcare has been a topic at the forefront for a while now, and I have decided, given the evidence presented on the state of our healthcare system, that one of my top goals in my final months in office will be to take charge of this issue and attempt to reform it as best we can before I leave office.

My goals are simple: I want to preserve healthcare for all Atlasians, preserve or even improve quality of care, and protect our private hospitals. We have a tradition of having excellent private university hospitals that contribute a great deal to science and research, and I am not in the business of nationalizing them.

With all of that said, I know little about healthcare law. I plan to educate myself on this topic once my law school exams are over so I can better contribute to this discussion. I am open to any and all ideas, so long as it reasonably meets the criteria set forth above. This is a job for all of us to contribute to, and I feel I am best to take charge of this situation in the coming weeks.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #214 on: May 03, 2014, 01:54:45 PM »

Mr. President, before leaving office, will you be signing an executive order declaring your glorious administration to be officially recognized as The Golden Age Of Atlasia? 

And will you be exiling to the outer reaches of Atlasia all those who dare speak out against such a well deserved recognition, and if not, what punishment will you be imposing upon such? 
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #215 on: May 04, 2014, 02:40:24 PM »

Mr. President, before leaving office, will you be signing an executive order declaring your glorious administration to be officially recognized as The Golden Age Of Atlasia? 

And will you be exiling to the outer reaches of Atlasia all those who dare speak out against such a well deserved recognition, and if not, what punishment will you be imposing upon such? 

Thank you for your question, Winfield.

To answer your first question, yes, I plan to issue an executive order declaring this "era of good feeling" as one of the least stressful periods in Atlasian history. So low key, in fact, that we are no longer interested in infighting, worrying about the day-to-day state of the game because we know that under my administration, things are working.

It must be recognized at how unprecedented this is. We must enshrine everyone involved. Controversies? Gone. Tears? Who needs them. Peace settlement between Israel and Palestine? Check. Active, functioning Pacific? Check. Erosion of political parties? Check. Jobs? You betcha.

As to your second question, my administration intends to introduce a bill to continue this era of good feeling. For example, The People are only allowed to speak of the administration in positive terms. No longer will unrest be allowed, nor will we sit aside and allow people to "rock the boat" during this peaceful time. This bill will work much like baseball's drug testing policy. The first offense will come with a $50,000 fine. The second offense will come with a $250,000 fine and 3 year jail sentence. The third offense will carry $1,000,000 fine and the offender will be forced out of Atlasia for life, and I will personally burn their passport.

Speaking out against my administration and my friends serves only to advance the interests of the unclean and of the radicals. We must silence them. Peace through obedience.

I want to thank you, Winfield, for your inquiries. I do hope my answer provided you with a satisfactory answer. We here in the Duke Administration strive to provide only the best customer service to our citizens.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #216 on: May 04, 2014, 08:30:52 PM »
« Edited: May 04, 2014, 10:28:43 PM by Lincoln Republican »

Mr. President, The People applaud your actions!

Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #217 on: May 05, 2014, 03:48:06 PM »

Job Opening Available

Have you ever been interested in being a God among Atlasians? Well, now is your chance! The highly competitive job of GM is now available. If you are interested, please sent a PM to Cinci and myself and we will get back to you on the availability. This job is highly sought after, so apply early and often.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #218 on: May 05, 2014, 04:07:28 PM »

Have you ever been interested in being a God among Atlasians?

Ever read The Golden Bough? Tongue
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #219 on: May 05, 2014, 07:55:54 PM »

Have you ever been interested in being a God among Atlasians?

Ever read The Golden Bough? Tongue

No, but perhaps I should, because finding someone who wants to take this job seems like an impossible task.. Tongue
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #220 on: May 06, 2014, 03:56:32 AM »

Someone for the love of God please do this so we can all quickly forget about my essentially non-existent second stint and instead remember my golden legacy
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -6.61

« Reply #221 on: May 06, 2014, 11:28:55 AM »

Someone for the love of God please do this so we can all quickly forget about my essentially non-existent second stint and instead remember my golden legacy

Why did you quit the second time?
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #222 on: May 06, 2014, 12:21:15 PM »

Because he was elected to the Senate.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #223 on: May 06, 2014, 12:50:32 PM »

Because he was elected to the Senate.

I am appointing you, dear Simfan, as our next GM. I am confident in your story telling ability and your talent to lead a discussion.

Lawsuits be damned.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #224 on: May 06, 2014, 03:12:42 PM »

IS that even legal?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length