The People's White House: Duke Administration (On my Farewell)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 04:17:06 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The People's White House: Duke Administration (On my Farewell)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12]
Author Topic: The People's White House: Duke Administration (On my Farewell)  (Read 17898 times)
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #275 on: July 02, 2014, 10:25:44 PM »

Goodbye, sweet prince Cry You'll always be the Fourth Liebor President to me Purple heart
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #276 on: July 03, 2014, 01:16:53 AM »

Go softly into that sweet night. Purple heart
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #277 on: July 03, 2014, 09:46:02 AM »

It has come to my attention that I can give out a silver star to someone who already has a gold, so I am hereby awarding NC Yankee the Order of the Silver Star for his stellar work on the healthcare reform bill, joining shua and Lumine who have also received this honor. Without his dedication and his drive, we may never have reached the finish line.

I will deliver my farewell address tonight. Stay tuned, precious friends.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #278 on: July 03, 2014, 09:49:16 AM »

Have a great retirement Duke Smiley
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #279 on: July 03, 2014, 09:50:58 AM »

My thanks for the recognition! It was fun once we got the ball rolling. Wink

Now, fare thee well, good sir, for now.

Of course, I'd be remiss if I didn't send you off with a good Cabernet Sauvignon. Enjoy!

tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #280 on: July 03, 2014, 10:04:05 AM »

You will forever be remembered as one of our greatest President. Congratulations on a great eight months! Smiley
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #281 on: July 03, 2014, 06:04:46 PM »

On my Farewell

It was a cold winter’s eve, eight months ago, when I sat at my laptop in my dining room, sipping on a glass of bourbon, perusing the Atlas forum. It was nearly election season, and the Labor was running BK/Adam and the Federalists Spamage/Lumine. What a concept, I though, these elections are, and how exciting they can be. After all, 2 years ago, I ran and lost. But that night, after about my fifth bourbon, I decided that, dammit, why not me? Why not listen to The People’s Voices that continue to play over and over in my head? And follow the lead of The People’s Hallucinations? I did. And here I am, 8 months later, saying goodbye.

Atlasia has certainly faced her share of challenges over the last 8 months. Keeping a cabinet full, pushing day to day activity that has been declining for a year or so now, and keeping the liquor cabinet full were all things we’ve all tried to solve, yet all of us has struggled to do so, especially the latter. But after 8 months, I can confidently say The People and my team leave Atlasia stronger and more loosened up than when we entered her. We were not afraid to tackle problems. Legislatively, we’ve accomplished great things together. We reformed our corporate tax code, making us more competitive abroad. We overhauled and modernized our healthcare system, reforming it into a system which continues to cover those who need it most yet plugs some of the holes that existed and needed to be fixed. We gave small businesses tools to succeed and capital to expand and grow. We very well may expand technology in our public schools should the Senate ever finish with my bill. We modernized our drug laws, improved workers rights, legalized getting drunk in public, and opened our assesborders to persecuted gays.

Structurally, Atlasia has never been more sound. We overhauled the Pacific and took a region once devastated by a nighttime Rimjob and guided it with the help of our friends to one of the most active regions today. While my government overhaul plan never materialized as I wished, my administration made it our mission to make sure all 5 regions were thriving, and we succeeded. We reached a peace agreement in the Middle East. We laughed, we cried, we fought, we had misunderstandings, we triumphed, we failed, we threw loads of fab gay parties, we laid tons of women, and through it all, we all did this together. Atlasia is only as strong as its weakest player, and hand in hand, I see brighter days ahead.

I want to publicly thank all of you who were involved with, worked with, contacted, were harassed by, or even winked at my administration over the last eight months. A President cannot do it all on his own, and God knows, the Duke Administration wouldn’t have been able to accomplish half of what we did without all of you. Even if you felt you were our enemies, don’t worry, you were our friends too. Purple heart

I wish my successor the best of luck during his time in office. You all are in capable hands with DemPGH and Windjammer, and now I can ride off into the sunset that is bar prep, going the way of Elvis and Tupac.

For the final time…love and peace,

Duke Purple heart

P.S. I will be fielding questions following this should anyone have any parting words or questions.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #282 on: July 03, 2014, 09:31:01 PM »

President Duke

Will you ever again be hearing the voices of the people crying out to you from your cup as you stir your coffee in the morning or from your glass as you sip a bourbon in the evening, pleading to you, yea veritably calling out to you, run Duke run, or will you ever again be hearing the pleadings of the people crying out to you from the mists as you walk along an empty sidewalk early on a cool crisp autumn morning, pleading run Duke run?

I too have had such promptings, but alas, I have never achieved the high office to which you have ascended.  But because of your inspiring leadership, I have learned that my efforts have not been in vain, indeed, your stirring words and your exemplary direction for this nation, have shown me that all can dream and that all can achieve.

I go now to shed tears of sadness in this the twilight of your incumbency, but yea, tears of joy as well in the knowledge that this nation has been forever lifted to a higher state by your direction.       
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #283 on: July 03, 2014, 09:40:46 PM »

Thank you for a great eight months, Mr. President.  I wish you well in all your future endeavors. Smiley
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #284 on: July 03, 2014, 11:29:30 PM »

Let's run away together and go back to the IDS Legislature Kiss
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #285 on: July 04, 2014, 04:01:21 AM »
« Edited: July 04, 2014, 04:03:22 AM by Senator North Carolina Yankee »

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.
KC and the Sunshine Band ftw. Wink Listening to the original version would make it even more moving.
Prince of Salem
JoMCaR
Peru

« Reply #286 on: July 04, 2014, 06:27:49 PM »

You were the first President of my Atlasian life, and you did such a great job. I'll miss you so much Sad
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #287 on: July 05, 2014, 03:49:15 PM »

President Duke

Will you ever again be hearing the voices of the people crying out to you from your cup as you stir your coffee in the morning or from your glass as you sip a bourbon in the evening, pleading to you, yea veritably calling out to you, run Duke run, or will you ever again be hearing the pleadings of the people crying out to you from the mists as you walk along an empty sidewalk early on a cool crisp autumn morning, pleading run Duke run?

I too have had such promptings, but alas, I have never achieved the high office to which you have ascended.  But because of your inspiring leadership, I have learned that my efforts have not been in vain, indeed, your stirring words and your exemplary direction for this nation, have shown me that all can dream and that all can achieve.

I go now to shed tears of sadness in this the twilight of your incumbency, but yea, tears of joy as well in the knowledge that this nation has been forever lifted to a higher state by your direction.        

Thank you for those kind words, dear Winfield. I can't comment on what my future holds, because I am beholden to The People now and always, and if they should cry out for help in the future for my services, whether it be in the IDS legislature, the Senate or elsewhere, it would be unwise for me to ignore their calls. But right now, I must descend into the darkness that currently engulfs my life and finish studying for the bar, not just for my own wish to succeed, but for glorify The People I so humbly serve.

Let's run away together and go back to the IDS Legislature Kiss

As strange as it sounds, I do miss those days. Even Ben Kenobi - I still remember when he told me I was irrelevant in Atlasia! Maybe we can shack up together in the near future...a cute cabin in the woods... tell me when...

You were the first President of my Atlasian life, and you did such a great job. I'll miss you so much Sad

Don't be sad, dear friend. All good things must end, but there surely is brighter days ahead. Besides, I won't ever been completely gone. I'm just no longer your Almighty Overlord Wink
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies