The People's White House: Duke Administration (On my Farewell) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 01:42:47 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The People's White House: Duke Administration (On my Farewell) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The People's White House: Duke Administration (On my Farewell)  (Read 17939 times)
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« on: March 09, 2014, 09:24:18 AM »

Please equally extend to this to all fleeing religious persecution.

The gays are the ones running away from religious persecution.

What about Christians fleeing for their lives from the Islamic Crescent or the persecution of atheistic/humanistic communism? Shouldn't they have a place to go and be free to worship as their conscience calls them too. Yes we should be compassionate to the LGBT community but not at the expense of our communities of faith.

As has been said already, you are already eligible for asylum in this country if you fear persecution on the basis of your religion.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2014, 11:18:04 AM »

Not all African countries persecute gay people, and there are plenty of other countries far worse than Russia on this. And Ukraine?

Very limited group, but those in Russian-occupied Ukraine who believe they may be subject to persecution - we've also allocated refugee visas for those who believe they'll be targeted because of their language or ethnicity. We've already received some disturbing reports about the Tatar population - we don't want to take any chances. Svoboda isn't exactly known for being gay-friendly either, and I know Sen. TNF had concerns about Svoboda in the Senate.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies