FL 2014: Crist is in.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 06:41:18 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  FL 2014: Crist is in.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: FL 2014: Crist is in.  (Read 9143 times)
BM
BeccaM
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2013, 12:41:22 AM »

Umm, it has nothing to do with him being male. I don't see what Berkley and Hanabusa have to do with him anyway? Please explain.

He's a soulless piece of crap. He was a soulless piece of crap as a Republican, as an Independent, and he will be as a "Democrat." Anyone with a brain and any ounce of objectivity could see this.

Berkley was super corrupt and Hanabusa is opportunistic too.
Her level of corruption hardly qualified as "super corrupt" and can only be described as such in Republican attack ads. You should be ashamed of yourself for accepting it at face value.

I was unaware of Hanabusa changing parties and positions back and forth 700 times.

I can understand supporting him because you want a Democratic governor of Florida. Fine. But let's not act like he's actually good, mmkay?
Ogre Mage
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -5.22

P
« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2013, 06:34:34 AM »

I feel the same way about this Governor's race as I do about Virginia's.  The Democratic nominee is problematic but worth supporting as the Republican opponent is absolutely horrendous.  And y'all better look out for Scott's shenanigans.  We remember how he cut early voting and then people were in line for six hours.
Brittain33
brittain33
Atlas Star

« Reply #27 on: November 03, 2013, 06:38:25 AM »

Has Crist ever been a conservative? I remember after he was elected as a consensus Republican, he was leading on moderate issues like restoring voting rights to disenfranchised people with a criminal record, softening the ban on same-sex couples adopting, and accepting stimulus funds to shield Florida's people from the worst effects of the recession. He didn't become a moderate in response to Rubio running against him; he tried to govern as a moderate and was driven out of the GOP by the Tea Party as a result.
Dereich
Moderators
YaBB God

« Reply #28 on: November 03, 2013, 01:57:24 PM »

Has Crist ever been a conservative? I remember after he was elected as a consensus Republican, he was leading on moderate issues like restoring voting rights to disenfranchised people with a criminal record, softening the ban on same-sex couples adopting, and accepting stimulus funds to shield Florida's people from the worst effects of the recession. He didn't become a moderate in response to Rubio running against him; he tried to govern as a moderate and was driven out of the GOP by the Tea Party as a result.

uhh....I don't think he EVER ran on anything like felon enfranchisement. That would have ended him for good. As for the whole "governing like a moderate" thing that has more to do with WHEN he was elected. Charlie Crist saw that Democrats were popular and ascendant while he was governor, so he modified his governing style to be more with the times. If he could have possibly predicted the tea party wave he would have never done half of that stuff, he'd govern as the "Reagan Conservative" he campaigned as when he was running for senate. And as for being driven out, its just not true. If Crist had decided to stay as governor he would have been absolutely safe. McCollum wouldn't have ran because it wasn't his turn and Crist wouldn't have been vulnerable to Scott like McCollum was. He overreached and tried to change his positions too fast and it caught up with him.

As far as I'm concerned, the only person in this thread who should be welcoming Crist's return is Joyce, and only because he's rooting for a native son. For Democrats who are happy about it: I don't know what you're expecting with him. I expect Crist to get more done with the strongly Republican legislature than Scott does. Crist isn't gonna push any of the red meat he throws out to democrats once he's in office. He'll just govern like he did last time: as a populist who will support whatever is best for Charlie.

Anyway, this race is nowhere near over; Its still even money that Scott is reelected on his record and on Crist's skeletons.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #29 on: November 03, 2013, 03:48:33 PM »

As far as I'm concerned, the only person in this thread who should be welcoming Crist's return is Joyce, and only because he's rooting for a native son.

And if he didn't get that knee injury senior year my high school could've won a lot more than we did.
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2013, 04:33:07 PM »

Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #31 on: November 04, 2013, 10:47:12 AM »

Martin Dyckman on the race. Collins flip-flopped on segregation, Askew flip-flopped on corporate tax, Warren flip-flopped on sales taxes, Kirk flip-flopped on taxes in general.
Dereich
Moderators
YaBB God

« Reply #32 on: November 05, 2013, 11:59:23 AM »

I just saw an anti-Crist ad ALREADY on TV. It was a bunch of statements by Democrats (Sink, Meek, Karen Thurman, Buckhorn, and Al Gore) on Crist's duplicitous nature and his flip flops. Scott is starting as soon as possible.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #33 on: November 05, 2013, 12:20:44 PM »

I just saw an anti-Crist ad ALREADY on TV. It was a bunch of statements by Democrats (Sink, Meek, Karen Thurman, Buckhorn, and Al Gore) on Crist's duplicitous nature and his flip flops. Scott is starting as soon as possible.

Somebody in the RPOF is worried about their unpopular incumbent going up against a popular challenger.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #34 on: November 05, 2013, 03:03:26 PM »

One thing must say about Governor Rick Scott -- he is consistent. He is consistently corrupt, despotic, and elitist. His low approval ratings show that consist support of bad policies is not good for re-election.
morgieb
Junior Chimp
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -8.70

« Reply #35 on: November 05, 2013, 04:27:01 PM »

I don't really like Crist, but he can obviously win. Would require an extraordinarily negative campaign from Scott for him to lose (which I suppose is possible).
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #36 on: November 05, 2013, 04:53:34 PM »

Somebody in the RPOF is worried about their unpopular incumbent going up against a popular challenger.
Thank God the DPOF is ran by a group of fourth grade civics students, or we would be in trouble. Scott's record is only marginally better than Crist's record.
Famous Mortimer
WillipsBrighton
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #37 on: November 05, 2013, 11:33:51 PM »

You people who say Crist hasn't changed views don't know what you're talking about. This is not a case of the party leaving him. This is a case of him not getting a nomination so he left the party.

His biggest flip flop was on abortion, which came literally a week before the Senate election.

He's a flip flopper. but we can trust him as long as we support him.

I'm more worried about how he will win an election when faced with a bunch of flip flopper ads.
BM
BeccaM
United States

« Reply #38 on: November 06, 2013, 02:47:38 AM »

If Rick Scott wasn't Satan incarnate, I wouldn't even expect Crist to win. He's going to get raked over the coals once the campaign starts and most of it will be well-deserved.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #39 on: November 06, 2013, 06:11:42 AM »

You people who say Crist hasn't changed views don't know what you're talking about. This is not a case of the party leaving him. This is a case of him not getting a nomination so he left the party.

His biggest flip flop was on abortion, which came literally a week before the Senate election.

He's a flip flopper. but we can trust him as long as we support him.

I'm more worried about how he will win an election when faced with a bunch of flip flopper ads.

Uh… his veto of the abortion bill was several months before the election.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #40 on: November 06, 2013, 11:50:25 AM »

The most important thing is to win the governor office and to fire Ricl Scott.

If I have to support a former republican, I will do it. And don't forget he was a moderate republican, not a badass like Scott
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #41 on: November 06, 2013, 12:04:49 PM »

Is there any way to start a fake TV station in Florida to get in on the upcoming windfall?
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #42 on: November 07, 2013, 12:37:49 AM »

Is there any way to start a fake TV station in Florida to get in on the upcoming windfall?

I hope that you are joking.

You don't want to do that.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

It's very difficult to offer a fraudulent deal through advertising or collect the proceeds of fraudulent activity without using the mails or wires. Because the distinction between fraud by mail or by the wire is often a quibble, the distinction isn't made. Conviction for mail fraud or wire fraud are easy to get.

Federal time is real time.
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #43 on: November 07, 2013, 01:29:29 AM »

I hope that you are joking.

You don't want to do that.

It's very difficult to offer a fraudulent deal through advertising or collect the proceeds of fraudulent activity without using the mails or wires. Because the distinction between fraud by mail or by the wire is often a quibble, the distinction isn't made. Conviction for mail fraud or wire fraud are easy to get.

Federal time is real time.

Thanks for sucking all the fun out of my ingenious get rich scheme.  I guess I'll just go close another WV coal mine.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #44 on: November 07, 2013, 11:57:36 PM »

Dockery is in Charlie's corner
Dereich
Moderators
YaBB God

« Reply #45 on: November 08, 2013, 02:01:06 AM »

Doesn't surprise me. This IS Dockery, Florida's #1 moderate hero, we're talking about after all.
Flake
JacobTiver
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #46 on: November 08, 2013, 09:17:11 PM »

In other news, I saw my first 2014 campaign ad, it featured people like Alex Sink, Kendrick Meek, and Al Gore with quotes against Charlie Crist.
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #47 on: November 13, 2013, 09:02:51 PM »

Bill de Blasio's campaign manager will be working for Crist:

Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #48 on: November 15, 2013, 06:54:34 PM »

In addition to ex-State Sen. Dan Gelber, Val Demmings and ex-AG Bob Butterworth are being mentioned as running mates fro Crist.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #49 on: November 15, 2013, 07:37:14 PM »

In addition to ex-State Sen. Dan Gelber, Val Demmings and ex-AG Bob Butterworth are being mentioned as running mates fro Crist.

Lt. Gov. is really up in the air now. They'd be decent picks - but if I'm Charlie, my top pick would be Mike Fasano.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies