Democratic Nominee Primaries!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 03:24:19 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Democratic Nominee Primaries!
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: out of these candidates, who would you support for the Democratic nomination?
Lyndon Johnson (1964)

Hubert Humphrey (1968)

George McGovern (1972)

Jimmy Carter (1976; 1980)

Walter Mondale (1984)

Mike Dukakis (1988)

Bill Clinton (1992; 1996)

Al Gore (2000)

John Kerry (2004)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 19

Author Topic: Democratic Nominee Primaries!  (Read 630 times)
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 09, 2005, 04:42:31 AM »

*Sigh*... the session timed out as I was writing the post and while it was recovered it didn't save all the poll choices...

Starting with the Democratic nominee since 1964, let's imagine that they're all still alive and they're competing in the 2008 primaries.  This is an open primary; Republicans and Independents are free to participate.

Johnson -- Continued involvement in Iraq (Vietnam) and possible wars with Iran and other threats; Medicare, health care, war on poverty (views unknown on abortion; presumably pro-life)

Humphrey -- Eventual withdrawal from Iraq (Vietnam); against abortion; Medicare, health care, war on poverty

McGovern -- Immediate withdrawal from Iraq and no future offensive involvement in any wars; supports abortion; Medicare, health care, war on poverty

Carter -- Immediate withdrawal from Iraq and no future offensive involvement in any wars; mixed on abortion

Mondale -- Pro-choice; passage of Equal Rights Ammendment; does not favor privatization of social security

Dukakis -- Strongly against the death penalty; pro-choice and supports federal funding for abortions; economic relief for farmers and presumably against outsourcing

Clinton -- Mixed on abortion but pro-choice ("safe, legal, and rare"), moderate use of capital punishment, no offensive wars, health care, gun control; against outsourcing

Gore -- Pro-choice; further gun control; eventual withdrawal from Iraq; against outsourcing; gay marriage or gay civil unions

Kerry -- Pro-choice; further gun control; civil unions for gays; eventual withdrawal from Iraq; abolition of death penalty except for terrorists

I'd vote for Humphrey.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2005, 04:56:36 AM »
« Edited: March 09, 2005, 04:58:09 AM by Frodo »

if i could have Hubert Humphrey, Walter Mondale, and Bill Clinton all rolled into one, that would be my ideal Democrat (i.e. Lyndon B. Johnson without Vietnam and other wars of choice as opposed to necessity).... but since i have to choose only one, i would probably break in favor of Humphrey.   
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies