Legislative revolution in Israel?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 02:57:18 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Legislative revolution in Israel?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Legislative revolution in Israel?  (Read 3963 times)
Famous Mortimer
WillipsBrighton
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: November 05, 2013, 08:21:18 PM »

No one cared about the Iraq wars legality, they cared about its morality. No one opposed would have switched if the UN had given it a rubber stamp.
freefair
United Kingdom

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #51 on: November 05, 2013, 09:53:33 PM »

As far as I'm concerned such rampant violation of international law merits an EU invasion and regime change.
danny
Israel

« Reply #52 on: November 09, 2013, 04:13:45 AM »

- Decriminalization of Cannabis user. This bill is being push forward by MK Zandberg (Meretz) and the 'interesting' MK Feiglin (Likud).

Is Support for cannabis supposed to somehow be incompatible with being right wing that Feiglin's support for it warrants the 'interesting' moniker?

As for the laws themselves, legalizing Marijuana is obviously the right thing, but I worry that all we will get is haggling over medical Marijuana rather than just legalizing the whole thing.

With regards to the marriage issue, I'm not a fan of keeping two separate marriage systems, all marriages between two consenting adults should be allowed, and you can let each rabbi decide who he wants to marry if the couple want one. But since I can't imagine such a thing being passed, what is being proposed would certainly be better than the current situation.
Peeperkorn
Uruguay

Political Matrix
E: 0.65, S: -6.78

« Reply #53 on: November 09, 2013, 04:44:43 AM »

Decriminalization is not legalization.
danny
Israel

« Reply #54 on: November 09, 2013, 05:07:15 AM »

Legalisation is what should be done, but decriminalisation is clearly better than putting smokers in jail and giving them a criminal record.
Hnv1
YaBB God

« Reply #55 on: November 09, 2013, 07:37:17 AM »

- Decriminalization of Cannabis user. This bill is being push forward by MK Zandberg (Meretz) and the 'interesting' MK Feiglin (Likud).

Is Support for cannabis supposed to somehow be incompatible with being right wing that Feiglin's support for it warrants the 'interesting' moniker?

As for the laws themselves, legalizing Marijuana is obviously the right thing, but I worry that all we will get is haggling over medical Marijuana rather than just legalizing the whole thing.

With regards to the marriage issue, I'm not a fan of keeping two separate marriage systems, all marriages between two consenting adults should be allowed, and you can let each rabbi decide who he wants to marry if the couple want one. But since I can't imagine such a thing being passed, what is being proposed would certainly be better than the current situation.
No, Feiglin's character makes him interesting, Libertarian opinions on civil right with ultra-hawkish opinions makes him rather unique in the Israeli right or the entire Israeli political spectrum at general. I met him recently in a meeting of the lobby for professionalized armed forces in Israel (who he is the only supporter from the right wing I encountered) and he is by far the most eclectic politician I've met in Israel
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies