"Double Down: Game Change 2012" Discussion Thread.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 03:28:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  "Double Down: Game Change 2012" Discussion Thread.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Will you read Double Down?
Yes, I bought a physical copy today
Yes, I bought an ebook copy today.
Yes, I plan on buying a physical or ebook copy.
Yes, I plan on BREAKING THE LAW to read it.
Yes, I will make use of the glorious government building known as the library.
No, I cannot read.
No, I do not want to read it.
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: "Double Down: Game Change 2012" Discussion Thread.  (Read 2709 times)
Cory
YaBB God

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2013, 07:42:24 PM »

So some geeks thought one guy who is never going to be president dumped some oppo research on another guy who is never going to be president but now some anonymous source said it was actually someone else who isn't going to be president.

Okay.  Again I ask.  Who cares?

Even if any of this is true which has yet to be proven how would this help you if you wanted to work on a WINNING campaign?  You have three people who don't have a snowball's chance in heck of ever holding higher political office jockeying around for dead last.  What have we learned?

We get it, you're "above it all". *rolls eyes*
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2013, 07:51:24 PM »

I flipped through it. I got the impression that it's more of a gossip rag than anything else, like the male version of following Hollywood celebrities' personal lives. There were a few interesting things in there, like how Obama reads political commentary, he didn't mesh personally with Bill Clinton, and so on; I'm sure there is more interesting stuff in there. But as a whole I kind of agree with Link. The information doesn't have much extrinsic value, but it seems if you enjoy reading these soap operas you can entertain yourself with it.
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2013, 08:05:33 PM »

Of course the book is gossipy, but if you are interested in politics (which everyone here is I expect) then it is a fun read. It gives you insights into the inner workings of campaigns. And if you really are interested in working in politics you learn the lessons of how money is even more important than you realize and what an important tool 'strategic leaking' is for political campaigns.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies