What abortion policy set would you prefer? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:25:45 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  What abortion policy set would you prefer? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: .
Available only in the first 10 weeks, 100% government-funded (pro-abortion)

Available up to the point of viability (25-28), no public funding (pro-abortion)

Available only in the first 10 weeks, 100% government-funded (anti-abortion)

Available up to the point of viability (25-28), no public funding (anti-abortion)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 66

Author Topic: What abortion policy set would you prefer?  (Read 2819 times)
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« on: December 01, 2013, 01:02:10 AM »

Lots of people fine with forcing poor women to have kids against their will in this thread.

Yeah, I'm pretty disappointed by the pro-choicers here.

You are reading the results in a manner that is not just uncharitable, but completely unjustified.  I'm pretty confident that many if not most of the people voting option 2 are not "fine" with it in the least, they just consider it a lesser evil than option 1.  The whole point of posts like these is to present a deliberately bad/difficult set of choices and force people to weigh one set of principles and rights against another; to claim otherwise is a cop-out.
Yeah, this is my view tbh.
It is very biased, I agree. There's no option up there for being pro-"abortion" or the correct term pro-choice, legal till the 28th week, and it being government funded. There needs to be funding no matter what and it shouldn't even be in question and shouldn't be on the poll.

Also, options 1 and 3 are incredibly Republican biased. 10 weeks? Come on, 20 weeks is one thing but 10 or even 6 is another. 

I voted for option 2 in apathy.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies