What abortion policy set would you prefer? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:36:49 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  What abortion policy set would you prefer? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: .
Available only in the first 10 weeks, 100% government-funded (pro-abortion)

Available up to the point of viability (25-28), no public funding (pro-abortion)

Available only in the first 10 weeks, 100% government-funded (anti-abortion)

Available up to the point of viability (25-28), no public funding (anti-abortion)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 66

Author Topic: What abortion policy set would you prefer?  (Read 2821 times)
Redalgo
United States

« on: November 07, 2013, 10:48:28 AM »

Option 2, though I would prefer the procedure be covered by social insurance.
Redalgo
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2013, 01:46:47 PM »
« Edited: November 07, 2013, 01:50:54 PM by Redalgo »

Lots of people fine with forcing poor women to have kids against their will in this thread.

Yeah, I'm pretty disappointed by the pro-choicers here.

Aye, traininthedistance posted while I was typing this up and I really want to express my agreement.

It's not really a fair judgement to pass, considering most of us are being forced to choose from among options we do not like. Roughly a fifth of abortions in the United States appear to occur after ten weeks - most of those being performed within a few weeks of the tenth's passage. A significant number of mothers are going to be forced to bear and then raise unwanted children, put them up for adoption instead of aborting, or have to pay out of pocket for illegal procedures (poor gals included) no matter which pro-choice option from the poll is selected.

If you are disappointed because many of us chose to prioritize mothers being able to legally get an abortion for the entirety of the time a developing human (arguably) lacks personhood versus the economic empowerment for all to have access to abortions for a window of time long enough for most women to make up their minds that is alright, but please do not spin this as us being "fine" with how the current order wrongs women and workers.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies