I'm addicted to pop
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:48:48 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  I'm addicted to pop
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12
Author Topic: I'm addicted to pop  (Read 11519 times)
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: January 12, 2014, 04:38:24 AM »

Also I had 5 32oz pops today. I went to Monster Jam monster truck show, you could buy a 320z pop cup and get free refills for 7 dollars, the other pop was like 5 dollars so it was a good deal.

Congratulations.
Dave from Michigan
9iron768
United States

« Reply #126 on: January 12, 2014, 06:09:28 PM »

now I have too much free time to drink pop again, I had cut back significantly while I was working. Stupid Kroger for firing me "because I wasn't a good fit" and "I asked too many questions".
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #127 on: January 12, 2014, 09:52:51 PM »

I am addicted to cophenhagen and wintergreen dip.

buzzin so hard
You're literally the person on this forum who I'd least expect to chew dip.

It's actually a big problem at my school, btw.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #128 on: January 12, 2014, 10:50:20 PM »

So basically you treat soda like I treat alcohol? You must be miserable. At least when I drink beer or bourbon, I have a good time. You're just full of sugar and caffeine and probably feel super bloated.
Dave from Michigan
9iron768
United States

« Reply #129 on: January 12, 2014, 11:26:21 PM »

So basically you treat soda like I treat alcohol? You must be miserable. At least when I drink beer or bourbon, I have a good time. You're just full of sugar and caffeine and probably feel super bloated.

yes I usually feel bloated and I also have to pee all the time. Alcohol makes me feel a lot worse if I drink a ton of it though.
Dave from Michigan
9iron768
United States

« Reply #130 on: January 12, 2014, 11:28:08 PM »

Also I'm going to be a groomsman in my friends wedding in September, should be a good time.
Alien
Invader
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -6.09

« Reply #131 on: January 13, 2014, 12:56:53 AM »

I used to be addicted to Monster/NOS energy drinks, but then I started buying those 12-packs of Starbucks mochas from the store.  

In terms of beer I've been drinking mostly IPAs lately.  I guess it's a slight upgrade because my drink of choice has always been Bud Light.
Dave from Michigan
9iron768
United States

« Reply #132 on: January 13, 2014, 03:01:21 AM »

Guys there are about 850 calories in a two liter of pop (100 calories per 8oz, 67oz in a two liter). That means if I drink 6 two liters of pop a week I drink 5100 calories a week in pop. If I stopped drinking pop I could really lose some weight even though I would probably have to eat more.

Today I ate 1/3rd a cup of peanuts, a two liter of Faygo Moon Mist pop, 3oz of fish with a little cheese on top a cup and a half of green beans and a cup of potatoes. 40oz of milk, 15 small mint cookies, a banana, and like a cup of candy.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #133 on: January 13, 2014, 06:28:05 AM »
« Edited: January 13, 2014, 06:31:24 AM by Ebowed »

Today I ate 1/3rd a cup of peanuts, a two liter of Faygo Moon Mist pop, 3oz of fish with a little cheese on top a cup and a half of green beans and a cup of potatoes. 40oz of milk, 15 small mint cookies, a banana, and like a cup of candy.

Today I had a cup of coffee*, approximately 20 cigarettes, three litres of water, four bites of pasta, a big plate of fries cooked in beef fat, a serving of lamb, half of an avocado, a mandarin, a kiwifruit, and four cans of beer - easily the healthiest day I've had in over a week.  I don't know what came over me, I normally avoid fruit like the plague.

*It seems I've subconsciously cut down to five coffees a week since the new year began, and I have to say, I'm feeling quite a lot better.  It's still a double shot though. Smiley
Dave from Michigan
9iron768
United States

« Reply #134 on: January 13, 2014, 10:45:44 PM »

Have you considered switching to tea?

I have, in fact I bought tea both regular and decaf but I haven't drank it in a while. I seem to forget I have it and buy pop instead. 

I have had 99 oz of pop today.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #135 on: January 14, 2014, 12:27:20 AM »

Today I had a cup of coffee*, approximately 20 cigarettes, three litres of water, four bites of pasta, a big plate of fries cooked in beef fat, a serving of lamb, half of an avocado, a mandarin, a kiwifruit, and four cans of beer - easily the healthiest day I've had in over a week.  I don't know what came over me, I normally avoid fruit like the plague.

*It seems I've subconsciously cut down to five coffees a week since the new year began, and I have to say, I'm feeling quite a lot better.  It's still a double shot though. Smiley
I distinctly remember you telling me you "eat an apple every day" so I spent like the last like 3 years being reminded of some American Australian guy who eats an apple every day whenever I buy apples.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #136 on: January 14, 2014, 12:30:00 AM »

Have you considered switching to tea?

I have, in fact I bought tea both regular and decaf but I haven't drank it in a while. I seem to forget I have it and buy pop instead. 

I have had 99 oz of pop today.
Replace some of that pop with carbonated water.... either plain or with flavoring.  It will still give you that "burn" you've become addicted to and make you burp (which is also probably so routine now that you would feel weird if you weren't doing it).

Try drinking milk with your meals.

And at least 4 times a day.. make a point to walk to the sink, fill up a tall glass with water, and drink the whole thing while you're standing there.

If you do these things, your pop intake will decrease markedly.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #137 on: January 14, 2014, 12:35:05 AM »

I distinctly remember you telling me you "eat an apple every day" so I spent like the last like 3 years being reminded of some American Australian guy who eats an apple every day whenever I buy apples.

Yes, I did used to do that!  I had to stop because of a dental problem, and over the last year or two I've gone off fruit completely - but I am trying to fix that now.
Dave from Michigan
9iron768
United States

« Reply #138 on: January 14, 2014, 10:02:09 PM »

Guys I only had one 32 oz pop today, I have had several small cups of water. I really have to stop drinking so much pop it is so bad for my teeth. I had to go to the dentist today for some work.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #139 on: January 14, 2014, 11:26:17 PM »

You're definitely a "sick weirdo" (in the late, great opebo's words), Dave from Michigan. But keep regaling us with your tales of outrageous and unhealthy consumption please.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #140 on: January 14, 2014, 11:56:00 PM »

How was your trip to the dentist? Did you have any cavities? You're all we have until the next Update mini series, so please indulge The People.
Dave from Michigan
9iron768
United States

« Reply #141 on: January 15, 2014, 12:36:37 AM »

How was your trip to the dentist? Did you have any cavities? You're all we have until the next Update mini series, so please indulge The People.

Today I went in to start putting in a crown on a tooth. They did all the prep then put a temporary crown in a in 3 weeks I go back for the actual crown. I have another tooth that will probably have to be filled again, or maybe pulled. It wasn't that bad but I'm use to having cavities drilled and dental work. Also they hired a cute attractive brunette receptionist.
Dave from Michigan
9iron768
United States

« Reply #142 on: January 15, 2014, 09:23:07 PM »

Well I woke up with a sore throat, it feels better now. I don't know if it will turn into something worse, but at least it has made me not be able to drink pop today so that is good.
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #143 on: January 19, 2014, 03:59:12 AM »

It's probably not only bad for your teeth, but also your blood pressure (with all that sugar intake) and your forehead (soda dehydrates you and w/o enough water, it can give you big headaches).

I myself usually drink a 12 oz. can of soda about three or four times a week, but my main drinking diet is water on a regular basis, iced tea (which has some, but not as much sugar in it), and milk/OJ (for breakfast). But 99 ounces, wow. Not even Speedway sells sodas that large (44 oz).

Maybe Michael Bloomberg can become your nutritionist! That would help. Tongue 

If not though, drink cold water since that's usually the most addicting temperature to drink it at and it's healthy! Allow this to be your motivation of what to avoid! (Viewer discretion is advised) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UQsuh6Xack
I Will Not Be Wrong
outofbox6
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #144 on: January 19, 2014, 11:56:58 PM »

I don't drink soda. Bleh.
Dave from Michigan
9iron768
United States

« Reply #145 on: January 20, 2014, 01:47:35 PM »

So I went to the doctor about my cold cough and sore throat and for my rash. They always weigh you, my weight was 213 which is down from 224 last June! I really haven't been trying to lose weight either I think I lost a lot of it when I started working and had to cut my pop down. I really want to get under 200 pounds, which should be quite doable, my unexpected weight loss has encouraged me to lose more.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #146 on: January 20, 2014, 01:50:10 PM »

I like that this show will now be competing with The Update for viewers. Competition is always a good thing. I look forward to seeing what the writers bring out for their respective seasons.
Dave from Michigan
9iron768
United States

« Reply #147 on: January 28, 2014, 12:54:20 AM »

I drank a whole two liter today. Over the weekend I had a lot of pop but was on vacation. I had 88 oz, on Friday, 24 oz on Saturday, and 88 oz on Sunday. The trip was good but very cold we were outside for like 8 hours over the day the high temp was 4 degrees and after dark it was probably negative 4 degrees. We almost got kicked out of our hotel because of my friend's cousin who got so drunk and started trying to wrestle and play fight everyone and was making so much noise.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #148 on: January 28, 2014, 10:05:31 AM »

I drank a whole two liter today. Over the weekend I had a lot of pop but was on vacation. I had 88 oz, on Friday, 24 oz on Saturday, and 88 oz on Sunday....

Be sure to save the plastic bottles for jenkem fermentation. 
Dave from Michigan
9iron768
United States

« Reply #149 on: January 30, 2014, 07:38:51 PM »

Yeah I'm going to be over 100 oz of pop for the day again. I'm so addicted to pop, it is kind of scary.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies