I'm addicted to pop
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 03:48:33 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  I'm addicted to pop
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12
Author Topic: I'm addicted to pop  (Read 11599 times)
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #150 on: January 30, 2014, 07:56:27 PM »

Just reporting every second day about how addicted you are to pop isn't going to help you stop drinking it.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #151 on: January 30, 2014, 08:06:11 PM »

Nor will it help him get girls.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #152 on: January 30, 2014, 08:12:05 PM »

Have you taken any steps to fix this problem?
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #153 on: January 30, 2014, 08:21:28 PM »

It's not my responsibility to help him get girls.
Dave from Michigan
9iron768
United States

« Reply #154 on: January 30, 2014, 10:22:05 PM »

Just reporting every second day about how addicted you are to pop isn't going to help you stop drinking it.

yes unfortunately it will not I was hoping that by keeping track of my pop intake publicly would somehow help me.

That was one reason I need to stop drinking so much pop.

Have you taken any steps to fix this problem?

I don't keep pop here at home but unfortunately there is a store very close to where I live. I was drinking a lot less pop when I was working but since I got fired I have picked up the pop drinking again.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #155 on: January 30, 2014, 10:50:33 PM »

There is an easy fix to this:

Dave from Michigan
9iron768
United States

« Reply #156 on: January 31, 2014, 03:19:34 PM »

never, I would not drink that if it was free.
Dave from Michigan
9iron768
United States

« Reply #157 on: February 01, 2014, 02:03:57 AM »

Guys I had 97 oz of pop today all Cherry Coke. I'm planning on having no pop tomorrow (today Feb 1st).
Dave from Michigan
9iron768
United States

« Reply #158 on: February 01, 2014, 02:12:10 AM »

You know I have been on this forum for 10 years also, it was 10 years in December. That is crazy I guess since I only have like 3K posts most people don't realize I have been here so long. I still think a lot of people here don't know who I am.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #159 on: February 01, 2014, 02:19:45 AM »

You know I have been on this forum for 10 years also, it was 10 years in December. That is crazy I guess since I only have like 3K posts most people don't realize I have been here so long. I still think a lot of people here don't know who I am.

You were my immediate successor as Governor of the Mideast.  Wink
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #160 on: February 01, 2014, 03:52:55 AM »

I know that feel. Also, stop drinking so much pop etc etc
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #161 on: February 01, 2014, 04:23:01 PM »

Just drink booze instead. Drinking soda alone can't be fun. You'll just feel awful.
TheDeadFlagBlues
Junior Chimp
Canada
« Reply #162 on: February 01, 2014, 08:48:10 PM »

I always read this thread as being about an addiction to pop music...
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #163 on: February 01, 2014, 09:07:46 PM »

Just drink booze instead. Drinking soda alone can't be fun. You'll just feel awful.
That won't do him any better. I'm underage so I don't drink, but there would be no difference. Alcohol is an addiction just like pop in this sole case. If possible, get addicted to some ice, cold water! It's healthy, keeps your body flowing with hydrogen and oxygen, and could taste good especially now that we're getting out of the cold and into spring and warmer months.
Flake
JacobTiver
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #164 on: February 02, 2014, 03:59:12 AM »

That won't do him any better. I'm underage so I don't drink, but there would be no difference. Alcohol is an addiction just like pop in this sole case. If possible, get addicted to some ice, cold water! It's healthy, keeps your body flowing with hydrogen and oxygen, and could taste good especially now that we're getting out of the cold and into spring and warmer months.

Trust me when I say this: There is a huge difference between an alcoholic addiction and a soda addiction. Also trust me when I say that it nearly impossible to be addicted to water, there are ingredients in soda that triggers someone to form an addiction, because our bodies are still in survival mode, we crave sugary things, and soda has a lot of them sugary things, and it was a good instinct to find and eat all the sugary things in pre-mass food production society, and it still is in many parts of the world. Water has very few of the sugary things, and it is tasteless, so there's nothing you can really be addicted to from it, so in short: Alcohol addiction and soda addiction are very different with many different consequences on both, the reason Dave is so addicted is because of sugar and evolutionary things, and it's hard to be addicted to water.
Dave from Michigan
9iron768
United States

« Reply #165 on: February 03, 2014, 02:52:20 AM »

Lots of pop today about 96 oz. I went to my friends house to watch the Superbowl. I brought a two liter of Cherry Coke since I was asked to bring pop, but my friend had bought Mountain Dew Throwback, which I love, so I drank 6 cans of it. I'm currently drinking a cup of black tea right now quite good I don't know why I don't add sugar to it or anything. If I get a craving for pop I should drink a cup of tea first, I have both regular and decaf black tea if I want a cup of tea at like 3am.
garbagecan_cowboy
United Kingdom

« Reply #166 on: February 03, 2014, 04:02:30 PM »

STOP SAYING "POP"
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #167 on: February 03, 2014, 07:22:53 PM »

Christ. Your very first post and this is what you waste it on? Michigan will ne'er be vanquished, and especially not by some limey from a declining "empire" in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean, that's for damn sure.
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #168 on: February 03, 2014, 07:39:28 PM »

No
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #169 on: February 03, 2014, 08:32:15 PM »

That's pretty much my take as well, but two mistakes:  you said it explicitly, rather than metaphorically and, worse, you said it in all capitals.  My guess is that you're drunk.  Okay, I probably made my first 200 posts drunk as well.  Also, I recognize that the post is probably a sort of temporal placeholder for a future time when you can post of the astonishment that immediately fogs the mind when you read that someone is actually "addicted to 'pop'."  I'm still trying to wrap my mind around that as well.

Welcome to the US Election Atlas Forum, by the way.  Love the username.  It conjures up images of a John Wayne-clad Oscar with thick glasses, bad teeth, and a nerdy English accent. 

Also, don't be a jerk.

But yeah, it's like "where do I begin?"  I think you probably are on the same frequency as 99% of us.

Dave from Michigan
9iron768
United States

« Reply #170 on: February 08, 2014, 05:16:44 AM »

I had no pop on Tuesday because I was sick, I had a can of pop Wednesday, then unfortunately I had a 100 oz on Thursday and about 80 oz today. I think the only way I will be able to limit my pop is if I get a job but it took forever last time to find one and now I have that I was fired from my last job. Also it's hopefully only another month until the weather starts to improve and I can go for walks or ride my bike around, 50 degrees will feel very warm after winter.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #171 on: February 08, 2014, 05:48:28 AM »

I've been finding tea to be a useful substitute for coffee, soft drink, and alcohol alike.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #172 on: February 08, 2014, 11:36:36 AM »

This thread may be even more depressing than Update.
Dave from Michigan
9iron768
United States

« Reply #173 on: February 11, 2014, 09:52:08 PM »

So I had 0 pop yesterday and only 20 oz today, my goal is under 140 oz this week, I'm at 68 right now. Then 120 oz the next week and probably dropping 20 oz a week until around 40 oz. I really enjoy a pop now and then and I don't think I can completely stop drinking it. 40 oz of pop a week is like 500 calories or so in pop a week not that much.
Dave from Michigan
9iron768
United States

« Reply #174 on: February 12, 2014, 03:44:24 AM »

This thread may be even more depressing than Update.

Is my pop addiction that depressing?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies