I'm addicted to pop
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:36:55 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  I'm addicted to pop
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12
Author Topic: I'm addicted to pop  (Read 11517 times)
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #175 on: February 12, 2014, 06:57:39 AM »

This thread may be even more depressing than Update.

Is my pop addiction that depressing?

No it's just the dumbest topic ever posted here.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #176 on: February 12, 2014, 08:37:49 AM »

This thread may be even more depressing than Update.

Is my pop addiction that depressing?

No it's just the dumbest topic ever posted here.

Not quite....but close. It doesn't beat some things Bushie has discussed.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #177 on: February 12, 2014, 10:41:16 AM »

I don't think this is any sillier than the current topic we are discussing in The Update, where Bushie is afraid to have a glass of wine with dinner because he thinks he will be too drunk to drive, his parents will kill him, and he will have a hangover the next morning.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #178 on: February 12, 2014, 10:53:17 AM »

I don't think this is any sillier than the current topic we are discussing in The Update, where Bushie is afraid to have a glass of wine with dinner because he thinks he will be too drunk to drive, his parents will kill him, and he will have a hangover the next morning.

To be fair, we're talking about Bushie, so one glass is possibly something like this:
Dave from Michigan
9iron768
United States

« Reply #179 on: February 12, 2014, 06:54:40 PM »

Bushie has posted about some really stupid things. Pop addiction is not that stupid.

Also I had 24 oz of pop today bringing the weekly total to 92 oz. I feel I'm doing very well since there have been single days were I was over 100 oz.

Personally I think more people here should start a update thread.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #180 on: February 12, 2014, 06:56:57 PM »

No addicition is stupid. Both Bushie and you and even me have issues. But you won't get any help here if you just tell us each day that you drank more soda than my car could hold. You haven't done anything to combat the problem, so this Update knock off isn't progressing anywhere.
Dave from Michigan
9iron768
United States

« Reply #181 on: February 12, 2014, 07:28:31 PM »

No addicition is stupid. Both Bushie and you and even me have issues. But you won't get any help here if you just tell us each day that you drank more soda than my car could hold. You haven't done anything to combat the problem, so this Update knock off isn't progressing anywhere.

Well this week I have drank a lot less pop, I'm trying to keep my weekly total under 140 oz. Today I only bought a small 24 oz pop instead of the two liter bottle.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #182 on: February 12, 2014, 07:29:16 PM »

Well this week I have drank a lot less pop, I'm trying to keep my weekly total under 140 oz. Today I only bought a small 24 oz pop instead of the two liter bottle.

Just stop buying soda. Or switch to diet, but even then you're drinking really unhealthy levels.
Dave from Michigan
9iron768
United States

« Reply #183 on: February 13, 2014, 01:35:50 AM »

Just stop buying soda. Or switch to diet, but even then you're drinking really unhealthy levels.

I can't just not buy pop I will do ok for a few days then crave it and go drink a ton of pop. I need to be able to enjoy a pop at least every few days. I can't stand diet pop. I might cut my regular pop with half diet but it I can get down to only a few can of pop a week having regular won't be all that bad. Plus I can enjoy a regular instead of settling for half diet.
Marnetmar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.58, S: -8.24

« Reply #184 on: February 13, 2014, 01:16:58 PM »

I generally try not to drink more than one can a week, because if I do I start to get addicted again Tongue
Dave from Michigan
9iron768
United States

« Reply #185 on: February 14, 2014, 10:48:27 PM »

Bushie has posted about some really stupid things. Pop addiction is not that stupid.

Also I had 24 oz of pop today bringing the weekly total to 92 oz. I feel I'm doing very well since there have been single days were I was over 100 oz.

ugh today I blew it and had 64 oz of pop, I had 32 oz yesterday so because of todays pop I have broke my limit of 140 oz for the week. I'm now at 188 oz for the week. This is still quite a bit under the 300+ oz I can easily drink in w week but I'm upset that I drank over 140 oz. I will have to try again next week to stay under 140 oz.
bedstuy
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -1.16, S: -4.35

« Reply #186 on: February 14, 2014, 11:56:32 PM »

ugh today I blew it and had 64 oz of pop, I had 32 oz yesterday so because of todays pop I have broke my limit of 140 oz for the week. I'm now at 188 oz for the week. This is still quite a bit under the 300+ oz I can easily drink in w week but I'm upset that I drank over 140 oz. I will have to try again next week to stay under 140 oz.

This is 55 oz of soda in sugar cube form.  In terms of calories, 64oz of soda is equivalent to eating more than a cup of sugar.  Just think about that.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #187 on: February 15, 2014, 11:26:59 PM »

So basically you treat soda like I treat alcohol? You must be miserable. At least when I drink beer or bourbon, I have a good time. You're just full of sugar and caffeine and probably feel super bloated.

I used to be a heavy alcohol drinker.  Been sober over 5 years.  I do drink a lot of pop.  I dont feel anywhere close to as miserable as I felt when I was a drunk.
Dave from Michigan
9iron768
United States

« Reply #188 on: February 16, 2014, 01:39:55 AM »

Yeah since I blew past my goal I had 91 oz of pop today putting my weekly total at 279oz almost double my goal. I was doing great up until Friday night. I will have the same goal this week 140 oz limit.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #189 on: February 17, 2014, 10:13:11 AM »

What can I say except: Dave, be glad you don't live in NYC. Smiley
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #190 on: February 17, 2014, 03:48:46 PM »

He's like the one person the ban would help.
bedstuy
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -1.16, S: -4.35

« Reply #191 on: February 17, 2014, 03:53:54 PM »

I don't think paying extra for two smaller sodas or the soda shaming advertisements would really help in this case because he's drinking like 70 times the amount of soda a person should drink.  I think Michael Bloomberg should fly him out to the Bloomberg vacation house in Bermuda and hire a team of doctors and therapists for soda rehab. 
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #192 on: February 17, 2014, 03:56:11 PM »

I don't think paying extra for two smaller sodas or the soda shaming advertisements would really help in this case because he's drinking like 70 times the amount of soda a person should drink.  I think Michael Bloomberg should fly him out to the Bloomberg vacation house in Bermuda and hire a team of doctors and therapists for soda rehab. 

I don't know if it'd be enough to save Bloomberg's soul from the icy pit of Hell, but it's worth a shot.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #193 on: February 17, 2014, 04:10:58 PM »

the events recounted in this thread are why I'm not a libertarian
Dave from Michigan
9iron768
United States

« Reply #194 on: February 18, 2014, 12:35:20 AM »

guys should I buy a suit. I have no use for a suit but I kind of want to buy one to have one. I could wear it around or to church. Not a super expensive one or anything but not too cheap I would have to have it tailored to me so it looks good.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #195 on: February 18, 2014, 12:36:32 AM »

guys should I buy a suit. I have no use for a suit but I kind of want to buy one to have one. I could wear it around or to church. Not a super expensive one or anything but not too cheap I would have to have it tailored to me so it looks good.

it's times like these that we miss uppity young simfan Sad

But the answer to the question "should I buy a suit" is "yes."
Dave from Michigan
9iron768
United States

« Reply #196 on: February 18, 2014, 03:08:28 AM »

I think I'm going to get a suit but I need to find out more about suits and different styles, and what I like.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #197 on: February 18, 2014, 03:34:02 AM »

Just don't buy a black suit. A nice dark charcoal gray or dark navy blue is good for your first suit.
Dave from Michigan
9iron768
United States

« Reply #198 on: February 18, 2014, 04:20:44 AM »

Just don't buy a black suit. A nice dark charcoal gray or dark navy blue is good for your first suit.

yeah everything I have read also says no black. Most say charcoal as a first suit. I'm wondering how much to spend.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #199 on: February 18, 2014, 02:11:23 PM »

yeah everything I have read also says no black. Most say charcoal as a first suit. I'm wondering how much to spend.

I wouldn't go out and buy a suit just to say I had one. Not sure what they cost in the States, but here, a reasonable suit would be about 300€.

That's more money than I'd spend just to say I owned one.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies