I'm addicted to pop
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:44:04 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  I'm addicted to pop
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12
Author Topic: I'm addicted to pop  (Read 11514 times)
bedstuy
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -1.16, S: -4.35

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #200 on: February 18, 2014, 03:25:20 PM »

Just don't buy a black suit. A nice dark charcoal gray or dark navy blue is good for your first suit.

yeah everything I have read also says no black. Most say charcoal as a first suit. I'm wondering how much to spend.

I wouldn't go out and buy a suit just to say I had one. Not sure what they cost in the States, but here, a reasonable suit would be about 300€.

That's more money than I'd spend just to say I owned one.

If I was someone with an unhealthy diet, presumably overweight, and I didn't need to buy a suit at the moment, I would wait.  You don't want to lose a bunch of weight and have a suit that doesn't fit. 

I would say the list price for a basic decent suit is generally about $400-500.  You could get a cheaper one at Filene's or Nordstram Rack or something like that.  In general, I think buying a cheap suit is a bad idea unless you know for sure that it's a bargain.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #201 on: February 18, 2014, 03:28:48 PM »

Just hit up any Salvation Army, St. Vincent de Paul, etc. for all your formal wear needs.
Dave from Michigan
9iron768
United States

« Reply #202 on: February 18, 2014, 04:22:09 PM »

I really should lose some weight before getting a suit. If I get a suit I want it to fit good though and be decent, I have heard you can get a suit for $200 dollars but I don't know how good it is.

Dave from Michigan
9iron768
United States

« Reply #203 on: February 19, 2014, 07:27:16 PM »

So I got a letter calling me for jury duty. I have never been before. It is in Detroit but it is a civil case i believe based on the location. According to the court website the location where I'm suppose to report to is for civil cases. I hope they don't pick me though I'm not a good judge of guilt. I go on March 11th at 8am.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #204 on: February 19, 2014, 08:29:02 PM »

So I got a letter calling me for jury duty. I have never been before. It is in Detroit but it is a civil case i believe based on the location. According to the court website the location where I'm suppose to report to is for civil cases. I hope they don't pick me though I'm not a good judge of guilt. I go on March 11th at 8am.

Perhaps your pop addiction will disqualify you?
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #205 on: February 19, 2014, 08:30:07 PM »

Just tell the lawyers during jury selection everything you've told us in this thread and you'll be fine.
Dave from Michigan
9iron768
United States

« Reply #206 on: February 19, 2014, 08:43:11 PM »

Will being unemployed make it more likely I get picked. I don't think they will ask about a pop addiction.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #207 on: February 19, 2014, 08:47:43 PM »

I don't think they will ask about a pop addiction.

Then you need to volunteer the information.

"Is there anything about you that might bias your decision in this case?"

"I am addicted to fizzy drinks."
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #208 on: February 19, 2014, 08:47:43 PM »

Tell them about your addiction and you'll be just fine. No lawyer wants a juror that will jsut think about soda the entire time
Dave from Michigan
9iron768
United States

« Reply #209 on: February 19, 2014, 08:55:39 PM »

So their going to ask me questions in front of a bunch of people, that is not going to be good. I get very anxious in that kind of situation.
Dave from Michigan
9iron768
United States

« Reply #210 on: February 19, 2014, 09:20:41 PM »

Also I think I'm unemployable, If I found a job they would just fire me after a month. People don't seem to like me.
Dave from Michigan
9iron768
United States

« Reply #211 on: February 20, 2014, 12:43:46 AM »

So this evening I went out to buy some milk. I went to Rite Aid, I wanted to buy some pop so I decided to try the Rite Aid brand of Mountain Dew type pop. This was quite the mistake the pop is drinkable but not very tasty. I think I'm going to have to cut it with actual Mountain dew or with Faygo Moon Mist which is a good knock off of Mountain Dew. I would just dump it but I can't waste pop. So a little advice don't buy the store brand pop a lot of the time it is not good. I knew this but took a risk on it.
Dave from Michigan
9iron768
United States

« Reply #212 on: February 20, 2014, 12:48:42 AM »

Do I come across as unlikable here?
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #213 on: February 20, 2014, 12:49:07 AM »

No, quite the opposite.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #214 on: February 20, 2014, 03:07:40 AM »

I can't remember if I suggested this before, but have you considered buying the flavored water enhancer stuff like MiO?

I know Kroger has them ($3.50 each), plus a store brand that comes in a few flavors ($2.50) that tastes just as good. Each one will make like 5-8 liters of beverage depending on how strong you like it, basically tastes like Kool-aid and has no sugar. Breaks down to about $0.80/2-liter. I usually substitute this for a coke if it's close to bedtime (the type of sugar in this stuff just passes through you, plus no caffeine and no calories).

Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #215 on: February 20, 2014, 08:54:33 AM »

Try what Adam suggested with seltzer water if you want to simulate soda.
Dave from Michigan
9iron768
United States

« Reply #216 on: February 20, 2014, 04:01:40 PM »

I can't remember if I suggested this before, but have you considered buying the flavored water enhancer stuff like MiO?

I know Kroger has them ($3.50 each), plus a store brand that comes in a few flavors ($2.50) that tastes just as good. Each one will make like 5-8 liters of beverage depending on how strong you like it, basically tastes like Kool-aid and has no sugar. Breaks down to about $0.80/2-liter. I usually substitute this for a coke if it's close to bedtime (the type of sugar in this stuff just passes through you, plus no caffeine and no calories).

I have actually tried those and the worked somewhat but they were not quite pop like. Also I tired on the flavor. I should try them again though because they work enough to help me cut down on pop. Also I tried the Kool Aid ones also I think I liked that better. The sweetness in the is not the same as in pop and I can taste the difference. I don't shop at Kroger anymore either since they fired me neither do my parents.
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #217 on: February 20, 2014, 05:38:24 PM »

Another possible alternative is Crystal Light drink mixes. They're much healthier and have no sugar or caffeine and are low in sodium. The lemonade ones are pretty tasty to, I might add. It still has a similar enough taste to brands like Country Time. Heck, even Capri-Sun, Ensure, Sunny-D, Snapple, Nesquik, Gatorade, Minute Maid or just something along those lines would work. If all else fails and soda is the only route, then Diet Pepsi is your best option in that case.

But try man, try! Think of your addiction as Rick Snyder and you should have no problem of becoming the real comeback kid. Smiley
Dave from Michigan
9iron768
United States

« Reply #218 on: February 20, 2014, 06:55:11 PM »

I'm going to get some water flavor stuff, then cut my pop back to hopefully 100 oz a week to start.  I wish it would get warm here even to the 50 degree mark. I could go out and get some exercise on my bike. I need to get out and do stuff sitting around here just gives me more time to drink pop. Unfortunately next weeks highs might not even make it above 20 degrees.
Dave from Michigan
9iron768
United States

« Reply #219 on: February 20, 2014, 10:20:02 PM »

Guys I really need to find a job, but I'm terrible at finding jobs and interviews.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #220 on: February 20, 2014, 10:23:43 PM »

Guys I really need to find a job, but I'm terrible at finding jobs and interviews.

Would you like us to interview for you?
Dave from Michigan
9iron768
United States

« Reply #221 on: February 21, 2014, 04:22:19 AM »

Would you like us to interview for you?

No I need to work on my interviewing skills also on my social skills people don't seem to like me. My last boss did not like me.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #222 on: February 21, 2014, 04:56:26 AM »

Well, asking for advice on improving your social skills from the Atlas Forum probably isn't a good start.
tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
« Reply #223 on: February 21, 2014, 07:01:07 AM »

You'd be better at interviews if everything you talked about wasn't pop.

"What do you bring to our company?"
"Some kind of mild addictive personality disorder."
"What drew you to apply for this position?"
"You have a Coke machine."
"Do you have reliable transportation?"
"I'm constantly nursing a mild caffeine high to make up for my physical inadequacies."
"What does that even mean?"
"I'm not far. I can walk."

By the way, I envision (there's no word I can think of for hearing you in my head, so envision will do in lieu of making something up like enhear) you saying the word "pop" in the most irritatingly familiar way. Really drawn out. Paaawwwp. I'm addicted to pawwp, maaawm. Sprite? No thaaaaynks.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #224 on: February 21, 2014, 11:28:27 PM »

Well, asking for advice on improving your social skills from the Atlas Forum probably isn't a good start.
It would likely help him learn what not to do.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies