I'm addicted to pop
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 12:33:55 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  I'm addicted to pop
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12
Author Topic: I'm addicted to pop  (Read 11619 times)
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #225 on: February 21, 2014, 11:55:51 PM »

Well, asking for advice on improving your social skills from the Atlas Forum probably isn't a good start.
It would likely help him learn what not to do.

Like spending more time on some obscure political forum than on face-to-face social interactions in the real world?
Dave from Michigan
9iron768
United States

« Reply #226 on: February 24, 2014, 07:25:33 PM »

So I went to the store by my house and they finally got the two liters of the pop I like in. It has been over a week since they were out. They hadn't even put them on the shelf yet they were in the stacks of cases still, so I just grabbed a two liter from them.

Also I may have a inside connection for a job, my mom's friend works in a office at a college they are looking for someone for a janitor type job. She got me a application and is going to hand deliver it to the lady who will deal with the applications. So according to my mom's friend there is a good chance I will at least get a interview. I also sent a resume in, my mom's friend said it would be a good idea to. I changed up my resume to make it relevant to a janitor job and focused on cleaning skills from my previous jobs. The job is 21 miles away in Southfield, Michigan, though but if it pays enough it should be worth it but a 30 minute drive to work will kind of suck. The shifts I work may not be 9 to 5 so I may avoid rush hour times and then I could take the freeway there and be there in 25 minutes or less. Taking the freeway to Southfield during rush hour or even other times is a horrible idea traffic is a disaster.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #227 on: February 24, 2014, 08:54:48 PM »

I hope you drown in a vat of pop.
Dave from Michigan
9iron768
United States

« Reply #228 on: February 26, 2014, 03:28:03 PM »

Only a small pop today for me. I have a job interview at 8am tomorrow so I will have to be up at 6am. It is for the janitor job in the offices were my friends mom works. She basically got me the interview. I have been getting better at interviews so hopefully it goes well.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #229 on: February 26, 2014, 03:29:26 PM »

Good luck Dave!
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #230 on: February 26, 2014, 03:50:16 PM »

Seriously I'm addicted to pop I have drank over 100 ounces of it today. I drink like at least 300 oz a week if not more. I think I'm addicted it is so tasty. I hate diet pop and would rather drink water. I would lose like 20+ pounds if I stopped drinking it and would not feel so bad. I tried to just buy a smaller one but that didn't work the two liter is only 1.19 plus .10 deposit right now very cheap. I hate to think of how much I spend on pop. I should tell them not to sell me pop. Ugh I need to stop drinking pop. They need support groups for excessive pop drinkers. I considered switching to beer because I won't drink nearly as much like only two beers but beer is more expensive.

What the hell is with the .10 deposit for a ******* 2-liter of soda, and what's with the "right now" language?  Does soda in Michigan fluctuate like produce? 
Dave from Michigan
9iron768
United States

« Reply #231 on: February 26, 2014, 05:47:44 PM »

Seriously I'm addicted to pop I have drank over 100 ounces of it today. I drink like at least 300 oz a week if not more. I think I'm addicted it is so tasty. I hate diet pop and would rather drink water. I would lose like 20+ pounds if I stopped drinking it and would not feel so bad. I tried to just buy a smaller one but that didn't work the two liter is only 1.19 plus .10 deposit right now very cheap. I hate to think of how much I spend on pop. I should tell them not to sell me pop. Ugh I need to stop drinking pop. They need support groups for excessive pop drinkers. I considered switching to beer because I won't drink nearly as much like only two beers but beer is more expensive.

What the hell is with the .10 deposit for a ******* 2-liter of soda, and what's with the "right now" language?  Does soda in Michigan fluctuate like produce? 

No sorry just poor writing skills. The deposit is always .10 cents on all carbonated drinks, regardless of size. The right now refers to the pop being only 1.19 instead of 1.49. The deposit is so bottles and cans don't become liter. Michigan has a 97% recycling rate on containers with a deposit highest in the country. It is kind of a pain to have to return them since you have to stand at the machine and put the cans/bottles in one at a time. I wait until I have like $15-20 dollars worth then take them back it takes at least 20 minutes to return that many. There is a daily limit of $25 dollars a person though.
Dave from Michigan
9iron768
United States

« Reply #232 on: February 26, 2014, 07:26:12 PM »

Also I was told by my mom's friend that there are 8 people applying for 2 jobs. So my odds aren't that great. Also the job is 20 miles away so I hope it pays at least 9 dollars an hour to make it worth my time to drive there.
Dave from Michigan
9iron768
United States

« Reply #233 on: February 27, 2014, 10:36:28 AM »

So I went to the interview this morning, I think it went well. The interview was only about 15 minutes. I was there 10 minutes early.  They will decide Monday. There are two shifts though, 4:30 am to 1 pm and 9:30am to 6 pm. I would take either shift if offered though. The job is 20 miles away but the early shift would have no traffic. It took 30 minutes to get there today for the interview. It pays $9.25 an hour, full time, Monday through Friday.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #234 on: February 27, 2014, 10:51:46 AM »

Success! I hope you get it!
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.03, S: -8.87

« Reply #235 on: February 27, 2014, 11:36:38 AM »

^^^^^ This. Also all of the deposit talk reminds of the Seinfeld episode where Kramer and Newman drive to Michigan with the cans and bottles. Tongue
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #236 on: February 27, 2014, 04:55:38 PM »

if you're in or near a major city I guarantee you there's a 12-step group that at least tangentially addresses this.

The image of a man writing heartfelt apologies to all the people he felt he harmed over the years with his "pop" drinking is almost too much for me.  I'm gonna blow a funny fuse.
Dave from Michigan
9iron768
United States

« Reply #237 on: March 02, 2014, 02:57:59 AM »

So I went out with my friend his fiancée and her friends, we went to Dave and Busters. As expected it wasn't very good. Loud and overpriced. I try to be as social as I can and not miss social opportunities so I went. Although I do actually like these people. The place is a arcade filled with games and a bar and restaurant. After 10pm they kick everyone under 21 out so it got significantly less crowded. Didn't eat the food but paid $6.14 for a beer, Bell's Two Hearted Ale, and $6.49 for a Jack and Coke. Spent $12 dollars playing games. I only got 114 tickets not even enough to get some candy that sells for a dollar in a store. I personally would never go there buy myself, and would only go if the group did. Going out is way to expensive.
PiMp DaDdy FitzGerald
Mr. Pollo

« Reply #238 on: March 02, 2014, 01:23:45 PM »

So I went out with my friend his fiancée and her friends, we went to Dave and Busters. As expected it wasn't very good. Loud and overpriced. I try to be as social as I can and not miss social opportunities so I went. Although I do actually like these people. The place is a arcade filled with games and a bar and restaurant. After 10pm they kick everyone under 21 out so it got significantly less crowded. Didn't eat the food but paid $6.14 for a beer, Bell's Two Hearted Ale, and $6.49 for a Jack and Coke. Spent $12 dollars playing games. I only got 114 tickets not even enough to get some candy that sells for a dollar in a store. I personally would never go there buy myself, and would only go if the group did. Going out is way to expensive.
I've been to Dave and Busters and it is virtually impossible to get 114 tickets if you try unless your franchised is corrupt. Especially becaue plushies worth $5 cost, like, 1000 tickets.
Dave from Michigan
9iron768
United States

« Reply #239 on: March 03, 2014, 03:33:35 PM »

I basically got the job. I go in Wednesday for for paperwork and drug testing. I will be working the 9:30 to 6pm shift, that is what they gave me. I'm glad I got that shift since the 4:30am shift would be too early. I'm thinking about celebrating with some pop. I will have to cut back on pop big time when I start working.
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #240 on: March 03, 2014, 11:37:18 PM »

I basically got the job. I go in Wednesday for for paperwork and drug testing. I will be working the 9:30 to 6pm shift, that is what they gave me. I'm glad I got that shift since the 4:30am shift would be too early. I'm thinking about celebrating with some pop. I will have to cut back on pop big time when I start working.
I never would have guessed..... Tongue

Anyways, congrats man! Hope you do well. Cheesy
Dave from Michigan
9iron768
United States

« Reply #241 on: March 04, 2014, 08:36:57 PM »

No pop today because I have to go in tomorrow to do paperwork stuff and a drug test for the job. I found the original copy of my birth certificate since my parents lost my social security card. I have used my drivers license and birth certificate as ID for my last two jobs so it should be ok. I have to remind them I have jury duty next Tuesday though. Hopefully they will not be upset, I may not even start yet if they have to wait more than a few days for the drug test to come back.
Dave from Michigan
9iron768
United States

« Reply #242 on: March 05, 2014, 12:45:50 PM »

Is driving 20 miles to work for $9.25 an hour bad, like to far for the money?
PiMp DaDdy FitzGerald
Mr. Pollo

« Reply #243 on: March 05, 2014, 12:48:09 PM »

That depends upon a lot of factors. The partial differential equation that could be used to solve it would be a monster to solve.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #244 on: March 05, 2014, 12:51:49 PM »

Of course not. Even if you have a poor fuel economy like 30 mpg, you'd still only be using 2 gallons to get to work and back. What does gas cost in the States these days? $4 per gallon? Assuming an 8 hour day, you're making $66 instead of $74.
Dave from Michigan
9iron768
United States

« Reply #245 on: March 05, 2014, 08:50:11 PM »

Yeah my car probably gets 25 mpg overall. So it is slightly less than 2 gallons of gas. Gas is $3.55 a gallon right now so about $6.50 a day in gas. That still kind of sucks though, I really need a job though. Thankfully I live at home but I want to move out sometime. And I'm lucky I make $9.25 an hour there are people who make less, how they make it who knows.
Dave from Michigan
9iron768
United States

« Reply #246 on: March 10, 2014, 01:27:03 PM »

Ugh the company who did the drug test can't find the results. My work to be called and said they had not heard back with the results. I called the testing place and they said to call the testing company and they can't find my test. I hope I don't have to retake it. I really wanted to start this week. I have jury duty tomorrow so I can't do anything tomorrow probably.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #247 on: March 10, 2014, 03:16:00 PM »

Well, looks like "pop" is just the Joey to The Update's Friends
Dave from Michigan
9iron768
United States

« Reply #248 on: March 12, 2014, 04:16:26 PM »

So I was not selected for a jury yesterday. At 2pm my group of 30 went in to a courtroom for selection. I even got called up and asked questions, I thought I might be on the jury but then the defense objected to me and I got to leave. It was 3pm so I got to go home. The case was a civil case, some lady was suing someone for future loss wages due to being seriously injured in a car accident.

My potential employer called the drug testing company and they found my test but it wasn't tested yet so we are waiting on that, if I pass that they will do the criminal background test then I can start. Hopefully I start Monday.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #249 on: March 12, 2014, 06:22:17 PM »

Please get a job and leave us alone.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies