I'm addicted to pop
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:27:33 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  I'm addicted to pop
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12
Author Topic: I'm addicted to pop  (Read 11522 times)
Dave from Michigan
9iron768
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #250 on: March 15, 2014, 12:46:43 AM »

I have been hitting the pop pretty hard the last 2 weeks, once I start working next week I will have to cut back a lot. I guess I'm drinking a lot of pop while I still can which is bad. I expect a call monday about my start date, I may even go in Monday but I doubt it since I haven't heard from them about a start date. I went to the dentist Friday and they were going to just fill two cavities but the two teeth were so decayed that they decided that they needed crowns because if they just fill it the teeth could break, which happened to a tooth a few weeks ago and that will have to be pulled.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #251 on: March 15, 2014, 01:07:32 AM »

You should try switching to something less damaging, like heroin.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #252 on: March 15, 2014, 07:13:05 AM »

You win. [/thread]
Dave from Michigan
9iron768
United States

« Reply #253 on: March 18, 2014, 03:15:18 PM »

I go in tomorrow for orientation at 8am. I'm only having a small pop today since I will have to wake up at 6:45 tomorrow morning. Hopefully I will work the rest of the week too.
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #254 on: March 19, 2014, 06:46:01 AM »

I go in tomorrow for orientation at 8am. I'm only having a small pop today since I will have to wake up at 6:45 tomorrow morning. Hopefully I will work the rest of the week too.
Good luck! Compared to Bushie, you'll be working a crapload and pop can always be a good incentive for you to work better and harder! Not too much of it, though.
Dave from Michigan
9iron768
United States

« Reply #255 on: March 19, 2014, 01:29:05 PM »

So I went to the orientation and filled out paperwork then watched some videos on safety stuff, I got a quick tour of the janitor employee area. I'm suppose to go in at 7am tomorrow and Friday but 7am probably won't be my regular time. She seemed to want me to work the 4:30am shift but originally she told me 9:30am. I will work either shift though, but prefer the 9:30am shift. She asked me about it and I was unsure because I thought it was settled that I would work the 9:30am shift. I think it will be settled after I'm done training. Should I ask for the 9:30 shift if she was kind of pushing me towards the 4:30am shift? I wonder if you can change shifts if someone quits or something.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #256 on: March 19, 2014, 01:42:21 PM »

atlasia.txt
Dave from Michigan
9iron768
United States

« Reply #257 on: March 19, 2014, 03:24:56 PM »

Also I was invited to a kids birthday party, my friends kid turns 1 in a week and the party is next Saturday. There will be mostly adults though but the kids 5 cousins will be there most likely. I need to get a gift though.
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #258 on: March 19, 2014, 04:37:25 PM »

Are two-liter bottles of pop still going for a buck nineteen a...pop?

Not for the kid, obviously, but your friend might appreciate it if they're anything like you.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #259 on: March 19, 2014, 09:34:45 PM »

Also I was invited to a kids birthday party my friends kid turns 1 in a week and the party is next Saturday. There will be mostly adults though but the kids 5 cousins will be there most likely. I need to get a gift though.

Okay.  This has gone on quite long enough.
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #260 on: March 20, 2014, 01:21:42 AM »

Also I was invited to a kids birthday party, my friends kid turns 1 in a week and the party is next Saturday. There will be mostly adults though but the kids 5 cousins will be there most likely. I need to get a gift though.
I just did a small prompt on a Barthe essay called "Toys" for English class and besides aiming for a toy that's soft and playful, I would recommend getting something that could help the kid down the road and won't throw it out within a week to play with another toy. By that, I mean a playful toy for toddlers that's early, good experience for the rest of their childhood like one of those small books (to help with reading), chalk (to help with writing and random drawing), Playdoh, or just something that can be creative or imaginative.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #261 on: March 20, 2014, 05:57:20 AM »

Also I was invited to a kids birthday party my friends kid turns 1 in a week and the party is next Saturday. There will be mostly adults though but the kids 5 cousins will be there most likely. I need to get a gift though.

Wow, the writers aren't even trying to hide that this is an Update rip-off.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #262 on: March 20, 2014, 06:12:46 AM »

Wow, the writers aren't even trying to hide that this is an Update rip-off.

This is the Family Guy to Update's The Simpsons.
Dave from Michigan
9iron768
United States

« Reply #263 on: March 20, 2014, 04:12:35 PM »

So I started the new job today, I worked 7am to 3:30pm. I spent the morning vacuuming the floors and using a machine to clean and mop the wood floors. I started to work with this other lady and we took out some trash but soon it is close to lunch so we went back to the break room. We take a 30 minute unpaid lunch but we get 2 paid breaks we take them with our lunch to make it an hour. After lunch we had a meeting on using new equipment but the meeting wasn't until 30 minutes after lunch was over but instead of going back to work for 30 minutes we just hung out in the break room. After the meeting I worked with the lady cleaning offices and checking to make sure the bathrooms were ok. At 3pm apparently everyone goes back to the break room and sits around until 3:30. It wasn't too bad of a day and I think I can do this job well. I only had 2 pops today if you count the Mountain Dew kick start drink pop a total of about 40 oz. although there is a pop machine in the break room that sells 20oz pops for only a dollar.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #264 on: March 21, 2014, 04:55:51 PM »

The job is not important. Cutting out the soda is important.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #265 on: March 21, 2014, 04:57:50 PM »

None of this persons boring existence is important.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #266 on: March 21, 2014, 06:42:07 PM »

None of this persons boring existence is important.

Within the context of this thread, however...
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #267 on: March 21, 2014, 07:24:47 PM »

I'd want the Update back if it means this boring person stops droning about "pop". Is anyone really interested in this?
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #268 on: March 22, 2014, 12:45:40 AM »

I suppose there is a far greater sense of schadenfreude from this. At least for me.
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #269 on: March 24, 2014, 07:09:42 PM »

So I started the new job today, I worked 7am to 3:30pm. I spent the morning vacuuming the floors and using a machine to clean and mop the wood floors. I started to work with this other lady and we took out some trash but soon it is close to lunch so we went back to the break room. We take a 30 minute unpaid lunch but we get 2 paid breaks we take them with our lunch to make it an hour. After lunch we had a meeting on using new equipment but the meeting wasn't until 30 minutes after lunch was over but instead of going back to work for 30 minutes we just hung out in the break room. After the meeting I worked with the lady cleaning offices and checking to make sure the bathrooms were ok. At 3pm apparently everyone goes back to the break room and sits around until 3:30. It wasn't too bad of a day and I think I can do this job well. I only had 2 pops today if you count the Mountain Dew kick start drink pop a total of about 40 oz. although there is a pop machine in the break room that sells 20oz pops for only a dollar.
Great to hear Dave! By bringing in another person into this update, it should be able to be highly competitive against Bushie's Update. Besides that, it's great to see you took my advice and have started to cut down on the pop. Remember, #SayNotoDrugsandAlcohol!
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #270 on: March 24, 2014, 08:35:06 PM »

Great to hear Dave! By bringing in another person into this update, it should be able to be highly competitive against Bushie's Update. Besides that, it's great to see you took my advice and have started to cut down on the pop. Remember, #SayNotoDrugsandAlcohol!

Wait, what? I was OK with that post until the part when you suddenly turned into Nancy Reagan.
Dave from Michigan
9iron768
United States

« Reply #271 on: March 30, 2014, 09:35:37 PM »

This weekend I drank a lot of pop. I had got down to 24 oz a day during the week and even had no pop on Tuesday. I had 5 pops 60oz on Friday and 130 oz on Saturday at my friends kid's first birthday party. I was there for 11 hours even though the party was only from 1pm to 5pm. I had 3 pops 36 oz today. I had 330 oz of pop between last Monday and today. I want to get that under 150 oz this week. At work I was given my own area to clean everyday, but I wasn't really trained on what to do each day exactly. I was given a sheet with a list of stuff to do but it is not possible to do all of it everyday. I'm going to have to ask some questions tomorrow and throughout the week.
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #272 on: March 30, 2014, 10:10:04 PM »

This weekend I drank a lot of pop. I had got down to 24 oz a day during the week and even had no pop on Tuesday. I had 5 pops 60oz on Friday and 130 oz on Saturday at my friends kid's first birthday party. I was there for 11 hours even though the party was only from 1pm to 5pm. I had 3 pops 36 oz today. I had 330 oz of pop between last Monday and today. I want to get that under 150 oz this week. At work I was given my own area to clean everyday, but I wasn't really trained on what to do each day exactly. I was given a sheet with a list of stuff to do but it is not possible to do all of it everyday. I'm going to have to ask some questions tomorrow and throughout the week.
Aside from the birthday party lapse (which I guess it's okay to drink more considering it is a party), great job again! Those 24 oz. days are only 2 cans of pop or roughly a 20 oz. bottle +4 and awesome to see a non-pop day in there. And 47 oz. of pop then per day from Monday-Sunday, so not that bad either. You're making great progress!

I'm shocked they didn't teach you though. If the supervisor or employer took 5-10 minutes out of there time, then you could easily get the stuff done faster. Any new status on the cleaning lady btw?
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #273 on: April 01, 2014, 02:21:30 AM »

With Update temporarily dead, this is your chance Dave! You need to try and get some of the Update watchers to come over here so more people can be of beneficial help! And I have just the right tips:

1) You need more characters! The reason Update saw a huge rise in popularity was the introduction of characters like Russ Powers (Bushie's CADD teacher), Bryan Kropfinger (Construction teacher), Allison (his gf), and his pastor. You have the cleaning lady, but people want to hear more about her and maybe other co-workers.

2) Get into details more and be spontaneous! Bushie usually gives specific details of his day and for you, it might be fun to talk about other things besides pop and your job or you could even go into further detail on your work day or what kind of pop you had or something! Just a suggestion.

3) Bushie relies on procrastination, weird comments, arguments with other people in the Update thread, and w/e else to avoid reality and avoiding what he says he would do. If you ever get bored, look at some of his posts to give you an influence in doing that.

4) And remember, be your own man! Don't try to impersonate Bushie too much in an attempt to get forum media to this thread and when people tell you to do something that you really shouldn't do, then on the basis of health and safety, don't. Pop is Bushie's bacon cheeseburgers. It's Bushie's CADD class. It's his non-existent walks and his hour-long naps. It can guide you to an Update thread that could one day surpass Bushie's while more forum guidance can help you in real life.
Dave from Michigan
9iron768
United States

« Reply #274 on: May 20, 2014, 08:42:19 PM »

I have decided to give up pop except on rare occasions, it has been two days since I had pop. I went on a pop binge over the weekend drinking 250 oz of pop in 30 hours. I felt quite bad and my teeth hurt.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies