I'm addicted to pop (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:45:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  I'm addicted to pop (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: I'm addicted to pop  (Read 11791 times)
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« on: January 19, 2014, 03:59:12 AM »

It's probably not only bad for your teeth, but also your blood pressure (with all that sugar intake) and your forehead (soda dehydrates you and w/o enough water, it can give you big headaches).

I myself usually drink a 12 oz. can of soda about three or four times a week, but my main drinking diet is water on a regular basis, iced tea (which has some, but not as much sugar in it), and milk/OJ (for breakfast). But 99 ounces, wow. Not even Speedway sells sodas that large (44 oz).

Maybe Michael Bloomberg can become your nutritionist! That would help. Tongue 

If not though, drink cold water since that's usually the most addicting temperature to drink it at and it's healthy! Allow this to be your motivation of what to avoid! (Viewer discretion is advised) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UQsuh6Xack
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2014, 09:07:46 PM »

Just drink booze instead. Drinking soda alone can't be fun. You'll just feel awful.
That won't do him any better. I'm underage so I don't drink, but there would be no difference. Alcohol is an addiction just like pop in this sole case. If possible, get addicted to some ice, cold water! It's healthy, keeps your body flowing with hydrogen and oxygen, and could taste good especially now that we're getting out of the cold and into spring and warmer months.
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2014, 05:38:24 PM »

Another possible alternative is Crystal Light drink mixes. They're much healthier and have no sugar or caffeine and are low in sodium. The lemonade ones are pretty tasty to, I might add. It still has a similar enough taste to brands like Country Time. Heck, even Capri-Sun, Ensure, Sunny-D, Snapple, Nesquik, Gatorade, Minute Maid or just something along those lines would work. If all else fails and soda is the only route, then Diet Pepsi is your best option in that case.

But try man, try! Think of your addiction as Rick Snyder and you should have no problem of becoming the real comeback kid. Smiley
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2014, 11:37:18 PM »

I basically got the job. I go in Wednesday for for paperwork and drug testing. I will be working the 9:30 to 6pm shift, that is what they gave me. I'm glad I got that shift since the 4:30am shift would be too early. I'm thinking about celebrating with some pop. I will have to cut back on pop big time when I start working.
I never would have guessed..... Tongue

Anyways, congrats man! Hope you do well. Cheesy
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2014, 06:46:01 AM »

I go in tomorrow for orientation at 8am. I'm only having a small pop today since I will have to wake up at 6:45 tomorrow morning. Hopefully I will work the rest of the week too.
Good luck! Compared to Bushie, you'll be working a crapload and pop can always be a good incentive for you to work better and harder! Not too much of it, though.
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2014, 01:21:42 AM »

Also I was invited to a kids birthday party, my friends kid turns 1 in a week and the party is next Saturday. There will be mostly adults though but the kids 5 cousins will be there most likely. I need to get a gift though.
I just did a small prompt on a Barthe essay called "Toys" for English class and besides aiming for a toy that's soft and playful, I would recommend getting something that could help the kid down the road and won't throw it out within a week to play with another toy. By that, I mean a playful toy for toddlers that's early, good experience for the rest of their childhood like one of those small books (to help with reading), chalk (to help with writing and random drawing), Playdoh, or just something that can be creative or imaginative.
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2014, 07:09:42 PM »

So I started the new job today, I worked 7am to 3:30pm. I spent the morning vacuuming the floors and using a machine to clean and mop the wood floors. I started to work with this other lady and we took out some trash but soon it is close to lunch so we went back to the break room. We take a 30 minute unpaid lunch but we get 2 paid breaks we take them with our lunch to make it an hour. After lunch we had a meeting on using new equipment but the meeting wasn't until 30 minutes after lunch was over but instead of going back to work for 30 minutes we just hung out in the break room. After the meeting I worked with the lady cleaning offices and checking to make sure the bathrooms were ok. At 3pm apparently everyone goes back to the break room and sits around until 3:30. It wasn't too bad of a day and I think I can do this job well. I only had 2 pops today if you count the Mountain Dew kick start drink pop a total of about 40 oz. although there is a pop machine in the break room that sells 20oz pops for only a dollar.
Great to hear Dave! By bringing in another person into this update, it should be able to be highly competitive against Bushie's Update. Besides that, it's great to see you took my advice and have started to cut down on the pop. Remember, #SayNotoDrugsandAlcohol!
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2014, 10:10:04 PM »

This weekend I drank a lot of pop. I had got down to 24 oz a day during the week and even had no pop on Tuesday. I had 5 pops 60oz on Friday and 130 oz on Saturday at my friends kid's first birthday party. I was there for 11 hours even though the party was only from 1pm to 5pm. I had 3 pops 36 oz today. I had 330 oz of pop between last Monday and today. I want to get that under 150 oz this week. At work I was given my own area to clean everyday, but I wasn't really trained on what to do each day exactly. I was given a sheet with a list of stuff to do but it is not possible to do all of it everyday. I'm going to have to ask some questions tomorrow and throughout the week.
Aside from the birthday party lapse (which I guess it's okay to drink more considering it is a party), great job again! Those 24 oz. days are only 2 cans of pop or roughly a 20 oz. bottle +4 and awesome to see a non-pop day in there. And 47 oz. of pop then per day from Monday-Sunday, so not that bad either. You're making great progress!

I'm shocked they didn't teach you though. If the supervisor or employer took 5-10 minutes out of there time, then you could easily get the stuff done faster. Any new status on the cleaning lady btw?
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2014, 02:21:30 AM »

With Update temporarily dead, this is your chance Dave! You need to try and get some of the Update watchers to come over here so more people can be of beneficial help! And I have just the right tips:

1) You need more characters! The reason Update saw a huge rise in popularity was the introduction of characters like Russ Powers (Bushie's CADD teacher), Bryan Kropfinger (Construction teacher), Allison (his gf), and his pastor. You have the cleaning lady, but people want to hear more about her and maybe other co-workers.

2) Get into details more and be spontaneous! Bushie usually gives specific details of his day and for you, it might be fun to talk about other things besides pop and your job or you could even go into further detail on your work day or what kind of pop you had or something! Just a suggestion.

3) Bushie relies on procrastination, weird comments, arguments with other people in the Update thread, and w/e else to avoid reality and avoiding what he says he would do. If you ever get bored, look at some of his posts to give you an influence in doing that.

4) And remember, be your own man! Don't try to impersonate Bushie too much in an attempt to get forum media to this thread and when people tell you to do something that you really shouldn't do, then on the basis of health and safety, don't. Pop is Bushie's bacon cheeseburgers. It's Bushie's CADD class. It's his non-existent walks and his hour-long naps. It can guide you to an Update thread that could one day surpass Bushie's while more forum guidance can help you in real life.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies