I'm addicted to pop (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 04:55:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  I'm addicted to pop (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: I'm addicted to pop  (Read 11810 times)
angus
Atlas Icon
« on: November 07, 2013, 11:25:58 AM »
« edited: November 07, 2013, 11:27:43 AM by angus »

Is it coke?  or Pepsi?  If so, you might actually be addicted to caffeine.  That's a wicked addiction.  I get about a gram of caffeine every day via a pot of strong coffee.  Way more than the surgeon general recommends.

If it's Fanta or Sprite, then I'm not sure what the addiction is.  Maybe you're into sugar.  Or maybe you like burping.  Or maybe it's just a psychological addiction.  Those can be bad as well, if they're causing social problems or health problems or economic problems.  Is it really a problem?  If you're fat, or pimply, then it's probably a real problem, but there are folks who drink lots of soft drinks and don't run into such problems.  My friend Lisa used to drink about two liters of Dr. Pepper every day when we were children, but I don't think it has caused her any long-term physical problems.  She broke out with acne badly in about the ninth grade, quit the Dr. Pepper, and it cleared up pretty quickly.  No other problems as far as I knew.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2013, 03:37:27 PM »

The results in that map are ten years old

So are the people who drink such a large quantity of soda.

[Well, not really, actually that's the 11-17 crowd who, on average, get 226 calories per day from sugary drinks (soda, "energy" drinks, etc.)  But the 6-11 crowd is pretty close, at 209 calories per day.]

angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2014, 10:05:31 AM »

I drank a whole two liter today. Over the weekend I had a lot of pop but was on vacation. I had 88 oz, on Friday, 24 oz on Saturday, and 88 oz on Sunday....

Be sure to save the plastic bottles for jenkem fermentation. 
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2014, 08:32:15 PM »

That's pretty much my take as well, but two mistakes:  you said it explicitly, rather than metaphorically and, worse, you said it in all capitals.  My guess is that you're drunk.  Okay, I probably made my first 200 posts drunk as well.  Also, I recognize that the post is probably a sort of temporal placeholder for a future time when you can post of the astonishment that immediately fogs the mind when you read that someone is actually "addicted to 'pop'."  I'm still trying to wrap my mind around that as well.

Welcome to the US Election Atlas Forum, by the way.  Love the username.  It conjures up images of a John Wayne-clad Oscar with thick glasses, bad teeth, and a nerdy English accent. 

Also, don't be a jerk.

But yeah, it's like "where do I begin?"  I think you probably are on the same frequency as 99% of us.

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies