Which Media Outlet is More Biased?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 07:14:22 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Which Media Outlet is More Biased?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Poll
Question: Which Media Outlet is More Biased?
FOX (R)

FOX (D)

FOX (I/O)

MSNBC (R)

MSNBC (D)

MSNBC (I/O)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 76

Author Topic: Which Media Outlet is More Biased?  (Read 10391 times)
barfbag
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.26, S: -0.87

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: September 14, 2013, 08:51:36 PM »

O'Reilly is very moderate. His views are center-right, but I'd like someone to be able to explain the crime in that to me. Just because he's not a wild eyed liberal...

He said black kids shouldn't wear hoodies...

You think that is a "very moderate" attitude in 2013?

MSNBC's morning shows are actually really fair and moderate up to Alex Wagner, but then for the rest of the day its shows are just left-wing propaganda.

The Republican Fed Chairman's wife spews "left-wing propaganda"?

I'm not sure how you can say Bill O'Reilly isn't biased and then accuse a Republican Fed Chairman's wife of "left-wing propaganda."
I think you are talking about Greenspan's wife Andrea Mitchell. Everybody knows Andrea Mitchell is a Democrat. She is a good reporter I'll give her that though.

I'm not aware of her political affiliation but from what I've seen she seems like a decent reporter.  If there has be some real controversy I may have missed it.  I just objected to giving OReilly a pass and lumping her in with "left-wing propaganda."  To me Fox is biased around the clock.  Obviously certain hours are way more than others and I'm sure legit reporters work at Fox.  I don't watch it enough to really know who they are.  Major Garrett was pretty prominent at Fox and he seems pretty reasonable to me from the post-Fox stuff I have seen.

Find me the source where O'Reilly said "black kids shouldn't wear hoodies" for proof so that I can defend him please. I want the entire conversation or talking point too, not just one simplistic line. Thanks.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #51 on: September 14, 2013, 08:53:23 PM »

I would say MSNBC is more biased. Hannity is the only ultra-right winger to have a show on FOX. O'Rielly is more moderate and Van Sustren her show is kinda of a combo of reporting and opinion.

I used to watch FOX all the time at night now I just don't watch it as much now. Hannity thinks the country is 1985 demography wise. He wants the Republicans to be like the Tea Party and maybe that might have worked in 1985 but not with current demographic trends. He fails to see that Hispanics are more liberal than whites.

That's actually why I chose MSNBC too. Hannity is the only real hack on Fox. MSNBC has an abundance of Obama hacks and lefties like Matthews, Maddow, Harris-Perry, O'Donnell, and last but not least Schultz. MSNBC's morning shows are actually really fair and moderate up to Alex Wagner, but then for the rest of the day its shows are just left-wing propaganda. Fox is more consistently biased (a little bit less so in the morning shows) but the only place where it gets really bad is Hannity, and possibly Cavuto, The Five, Van Susteran, and O'Reilly being slightly up there as well.
I don't really watch "The Five" but they have Bob Beckel on whenever I watch and Beckel is a liberal guy. I think Juan Williams is on if Beckel isn't on there.

Your right about Cavuto. 

I just watch C-Span to keep up with political news and mainly I am on this site as well. At  least on C-Span on a panel a D and a R politician can sit in the same room and not call each other a name or get into a verbal brawl.

Yes, but Williams and Beckel are moderates easily, and they are outnumbered by 2 right-wingers, 1 libertarian (Gutfeld), and 1 ultra right-winger (Bolling). Obviously, if they had all 5 of them be republicans they would just be flat out hacks, so they put the most moderate democrats on their shows. MSNBC does the exact same thing with Morning Joe and The Cycle. I would actually argue they show republican guests less than Fox shows democrat guests (overall all shows).
Link
« Reply #52 on: September 14, 2013, 10:36:00 PM »

Find me the source where O'Reilly said "black kids shouldn't wear hoodies" for proof so that I can defend him please. I want the entire conversation or talking point too, not just one simplistic line. Thanks.

This is a forum that deals with politics.  O'Reilly's comments are common knowledge.  If you don't know about them google is your friend.  I'm usually more than happy to provide quotes and links but in this instance I don't think I'm going to waste my time.  If you think O'Reilly is a moderate then enjoy continuing to lose the black vote 99% to 1.

Of course I'm sure you are also going to say you never heard the despicable things O'Reilly said about the Dixie Chicks when they opposed the Iraq war.
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #53 on: September 14, 2013, 10:38:22 PM »
« Edited: September 14, 2013, 11:09:01 PM by Vosem »

This is a forum that deals with politics.  O'Reilly's comments are common knowledge.  If you don't know about them google is your friend.  I'm usually more than happy to provide quotes and links but in this instance I don't think I'm going to waste my time.

Not a fan of citing our sources, are we?

If you think O'Reilly is a moderate then enjoy continuing to lose the black vote 99% to 1.

Or of statistics.

Of course I'm sure you are also going to say you never heard the despicable things O'Reilly said about the Dixie Chicks when they opposed the Iraq war.

Or of staying on topic.
barfbag
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #54 on: September 14, 2013, 11:21:34 PM »

This is a forum that deals with politics.  O'Reilly's comments are common knowledge.  If you don't know about them google is your friend.  I'm usually more than happy to provide quotes and links but in this instance I don't think I'm going to waste my time.  If you think O'Reilly is a moderate then enjoy continuing to lose the black vote 99% to 1.

I did hear his remarks about the Dixie Chicks. My question was rhetorical because I didn't believe you watch the O'Reilly Factor. If you do then I believe you, but it didn't sound like it. We don't lose 99-1 and O'Reilly is a moderate. Now again I don't believe you watch the show.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #55 on: September 15, 2013, 02:44:53 AM »
« Edited: September 15, 2013, 02:48:43 AM by ElectionsGuy »

So far, FOX is easily winning as the more biased network, by this forum.

Among:

Democrats: FOX 32 (97.0%), MSNBC 1 (3.0%)
Republicans: MSNBC 15 (68.2%), FOX 7 (31.8%)
Independents: FOX 12 (80.0%), MSNBC 3 (20.0%)

Overall: FOX 51 (72.9%), MSNBC 19 (27.1%)

Republicans make up 78.9% of MSNBC vote (15 of 19), and 13.7% of FOX vote (7 of 51), while making up 31.4% of the vote (22 of 70).

Democrats make up 62.7% of FOX vote (32 of 51), and 5.3% of MSNBC vote (1 of 19), while making up 47.1% of the vote (33 of 70).

Independents make up 23.5% of FOX vote (12 of 51), and 15.8% of MSNBC vote (3 of 19), while making up 21.4% of the vote (15 of 70).
Earthling
Netherlands

« Reply #56 on: September 15, 2013, 04:45:53 AM »

The fact that Hannity and others on Fox News are so far-right doesn't make O'Reilly moderate. It's the same as Bush and the Tea Party. Bush is not a moderate because the Tea Party is so right-wing, he only looks more moderate because they are far-right. Both O'Reilly and Bush are conservative, hardline conservative.

And Fox News is the media-arm of the Republican Party, they are far more biased.

But then, the Bullsh**t Mountain has created it's own village at the foot of the mountain and clearly some here has been living in the shadow of it for far too long.
hopper
United States

« Reply #57 on: September 15, 2013, 12:38:37 PM »
« Edited: September 15, 2013, 12:41:14 PM by hopper »

The fact that Hannity and others on Fox News are so far-right doesn't make O'Reilly moderate. It's the same as Bush and the Tea Party. Bush is not a moderate because the Tea Party is so right-wing, he only looks more moderate because they are far-right. Both O'Reilly and Bush are conservative, hardline conservative.

And Fox News is the media-arm of the Republican Party, they are far more biased.

But then, the Bullsh**t Mountain has created it's own village at the foot of the mountain and clearly some here has been living in the shadow of it for far too long.
O'Reilly is a moderate.. Most of his views I find are right of center even with the Tea Party factor. Bush W. was a big government conservative. He was no hard-liner except maybe on foreign policy.

Yes the Fox News Arm is a big influence in terms of TV which I do acknowledge  in the Republican Party which I do acknowledge not the media as a whole though There is also Eric Erickson's website, Brietbart.com, and HotAir.com that conservatives use to get their news having to do with media. Its just not FOX.
Earthling
Netherlands

« Reply #58 on: September 15, 2013, 01:35:38 PM »

The things O'Reilly has said over the years has shown that he is not a moderate. He may not be so far to the right like Hannity or Beck, but that does not make him a moderate.
barfbag
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #59 on: September 15, 2013, 07:11:40 PM »

The things O'Reilly has said over the years has shown that he is not a moderate. He may not be so far to the right like Hannity or Beck, but that does not make him a moderate.

Yes he is a moderate. He supports gay adoptions, gay marriage, believes in global warming and that it's caused by humans, opposes the death penalty, opposes arctic drilling, and is in favor of public education as we know it now. These aren't very conservative stances to take. The best part about O'Reilly is that he's "looking out for us" as he'd like us to know. I bet he publishes another 4 books within the next year. Does anyone notice how often he publishes books? There's no way he writes all of it.
Earthling
Netherlands

« Reply #60 on: September 15, 2013, 07:55:36 PM »

That still does not make him a moderate. Because he also holds very conservative ideas on immigration, on culture, on abortion, on prisons, on gay marriage and on other issues.

Bill O'Reilly is a right winger who has some moderate views, not a moderate with some right-wing views.

But Fox News is far bigger than Bill O'Reilly. Hannity, Beck, Palin and others are all very right wing.
MSNBC has a liberal bias, but it doesn't come close to the conservative, Republican bias that Fox News has.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #61 on: September 15, 2013, 08:42:48 PM »

That still does not make him a moderate. Because he also holds very conservative ideas on immigration, on culture, on abortion, on prisons, on gay marriage and on other issues.

Bill O'Reilly is a right winger who has some moderate views, not a moderate with some right-wing views.

But Fox News is far bigger than Bill O'Reilly. Hannity, Beck, Palin and others are all very right wing.
MSNBC has a liberal bias, but it doesn't come close to the conservative, Republican bias that Fox News has.
You make the assumption that Bill O'Reilly and Sean Hannitty are reporters. Beck and Palin are not even employed by the party.
barfbag
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #62 on: September 15, 2013, 08:44:31 PM »

Why do all the lefties think Hannity and Beck are reporters? They're commentators who comment on the news. However, if lefties were to actually watch Brett Baier at 6:00p.m., then they'd see Fox's journalism and reporting is all about.
Oak Hills
United States

« Reply #63 on: November 07, 2013, 04:33:19 PM »

Plus in reference to their hosts and their guests, MSNBC does have both Democratic (Rev. Sharpton, Rachel Maddow), Independent (Michael Smerconish), or Republican (Joe Scarborough or (formerly) Ed Schultz) with guests like Democratic Senator Sherrod Brown or Democratic Rep Chris Van Hollen, but they also have the other side of Republicans, moderate and Tea Party, on like Senator Susan Collins or Rep. Jason Chaffetz. What MSNBC does apart from their bias is still be as fair as possible by getting perspectives from both sides while Fox only uses Sarah Palin, Michele Bachmann, Dick Cheney, Glenn Beck, Dick Morris, or Karl Rove as their news source.

I'm pretty sure Ed Schultz became a Democrat years before he joined MSNBC.

Also Democratic pols and analysts appear on Fox News all the time as guests.
Mordecai
Australia

« Reply #64 on: November 07, 2013, 05:30:47 PM »

Fox, obviously. That's not to say that MSNC doesn't spin, but Fox takes it to a new level with outright lies and distortion.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #65 on: November 08, 2013, 01:39:55 AM »

MSNBC wins by default, since it's the only media outlet listed. Tongue
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #66 on: November 08, 2013, 07:27:44 AM »

MSNBC.
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #67 on: November 08, 2013, 10:43:35 AM »

They are both about the same. FOX is more passive aggressive about it though, MSNBC is pretty blatant. Both are equally disgusting.
Link
« Reply #68 on: November 08, 2013, 12:19:50 PM »

FOX is more passive aggressive about it though, MSNBC is pretty blatant.

I personally like how MSNBC devotes the biggest block of time in their week day schedule to a Republican.  Gotta love the bias.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #69 on: November 08, 2013, 12:23:32 PM »

FOX is more passive aggressive about it though, MSNBC is pretty blatant.

I personally like how MSNBC devotes the biggest block of time in their week day schedule to a Republican.  Gotta love the bias.

Scarborough?  He's a middle of roader at best, surrounded by libs.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies