SENATE BILL: Party Hard Amendment (Failed)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 12:26:38 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SENATE BILL: Party Hard Amendment (Failed)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Author Topic: SENATE BILL: Party Hard Amendment (Failed)  (Read 3773 times)
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: November 12, 2013, 04:20:19 PM »

My nonvoting was a form of expression.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #51 on: November 12, 2013, 04:21:54 PM »

So why are we voting on this amendment? Seems like its just delay for the sake of delay from an undistinguished senator...

Well, I doubt Spiral could distinguish himself more than missing FORTY PERCENT OF THE VOTES in the last session like you did.

Obviously I'm not talking about Spiral.

>calls me 'undistinguished'
>hasn't gotten a piece of legislation passed that he wrote in two Senate sessions

lol
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #52 on: November 12, 2013, 04:22:43 PM »

My nonvoting was a form of expression.

Expressing your inability and ineptitude at doing the job you were elected to do?
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #53 on: November 12, 2013, 04:24:26 PM »

I just introduced a bill clarifying our laws for human clones.

What have you done lately?
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #54 on: November 12, 2013, 04:25:57 PM »

I find it quite odd that TNF is going after Napoleon so hard on inactivity, considering he has expressed multiple times that he will give his first preference in December to Xahar, the least active Senator by far.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #55 on: November 12, 2013, 04:26:40 PM »

I find it quite odd that TNF is going after Napoleon so hard on inactivity, considering he has expressed multiple times that he will give his first preference in December to Xahar, the least active Senator by far.

Dick buddies?
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #56 on: November 12, 2013, 04:42:09 PM »

I just introduced a bill clarifying our laws for human clones.

What have you done lately?

The Sex Work Act was signed into law this week.
The Fair Labor Standards Act was signed into law yesterday.
An Actual End to Imperialism Act is at a final vote.
The Comprehensive Drug Reform Act is at final vote.
The Fair Amendment Procedure Amendment is being considered by the Senate, along with this one.
The Life Imprisonment without Parole Abolition Amendment is being considered by the Senate.
The "You Can't Fire Me, I Quit!" Act is being considered by the Senate.

I have introduced a number of bills to the queue improving labor relations, giving the people a choice in declaring war, allowing for referendums to pass legislation around obstructionist Senators like yourself, expanding freedom of expression, fighting child abuse, taking on big hospital companies and big pharma, keeping religion separate from the state, cutting corporate welfare, and battling plutocracy.

My record speaks for itself, as does yours. To call me undistinguished is all well and good; if being a 'distinguished' member of this body means introducing contentless bills like you and your buddy Tmth do on a regular basis, or scheming to win a popularity contest on the Internet (again, where you and your good friend from Kansas seem to excel), then I'd rather be undistinguished.

There's a clear difference there. Xahar doesn't pretend to be an active and dynamic Senator; he doesn't go out of his way to cause catfights on the Internet (again, like you and Nappy). You're at least active, so I have few qualms with your backroom dealings. That's all part of politics of course, although you and Nap would again like to deny they happen. The problem with Nap is that he'll pretend to be an active Senator with a distinguished record and then miss a crapload of votes, slow the Senate down, and will run (and inevitably) win again after spreading his usual round of falsehoods and misrepresentations.

Dick buddies?

Hilarious coming from you and Tmth.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #57 on: November 12, 2013, 04:51:08 PM »
« Edited: November 12, 2013, 04:53:12 PM by Senator Tmthforu94 »

Please don't tell me you're insinuating that Napoleon and I try and start cat fights and you don't... Roll Eyes And for the record, I think I've introduced four bills in total, two in response to constituent requests. Funny hearing that criticism coming from you considering all of the ridiculous bills you have been introducing lately.

Napoleon has admitted to his poor activity record and has confirmed he will not be running for reelection, contrary to what you're suggesting. And I have no clue what you're referring to in regards to backroom dealings - though I consider him a friend, Napoleon and I almost never discuss what is going on in the Senate, and I think our very different voting records show we aren't in cahoots.

I would urge Senators to accept the amendment in question - I think the intentions behind this whole thing is good, and feel reasonably confident that with a 5-limit threshold, it would pass a public vote.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #58 on: November 12, 2013, 04:57:01 PM »

Please don't tell me you're insinuating that Napoleon and I try and start cat fights and you don't... Roll Eyes And for the record, I think I've introduced four bills in total, two in response to constituent requests. Funny hearing that criticism coming from you considering all of the ridiculous bills you have been introducing lately.

Napoleon has admitted to his poor activity record and has confirmed he will not be running for reelection, contrary to what you're suggesting. And I have no clue what you're referring to in regards to backroom dealings - though I consider him a friend, Napoleon and I almost never discuss what is going on in the Senate, and I think our very different voting records show we aren't in cahoots.

I would urge Senators to accept the amendment in question - I think the intentions behind this whole thing is good, and feel reasonably confident that with a 5-limit threshold, it would pass a public vote.

President Tyrion
TyrionTheImperialist

« Reply #59 on: November 12, 2013, 04:57:58 PM »

Abstain
bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #60 on: November 12, 2013, 04:58:16 PM »

Just to remind people, I introduced an amendment repealing the we need more political parties amendment, which was exactly the same as this bill now will be, and it scraped by in the IDS the MW and the ME got destroyed in the  NE (with only me and matt voting for it) and failed the pacific council. I think people are forgetting just how hard passing any change has become.

Oh and Napoleon criticizing anyone is pretty rich.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #61 on: November 12, 2013, 05:00:53 PM »

I think more time has passed, and I'm optimistic about the chances this time.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #62 on: November 12, 2013, 05:05:38 PM »

If there was a way to show who all I have been interacting with since I entered the Senate in August, I would certainly do so. I have spoken with Yankee, TJ, Maxwell, Spiral, Bore, Tyrion, and perhaps even you more than I have spoken to Napoleon, and have criticized his activity record numerous times, as I actually value active Senators (hence my approval of the job you're doing as my regional Senator). Perhaps it is just due to the fact that there has been an extreme sway in our relationship (from bitter enemies to now friends), but it continues to baffle me how folks constantly try and pair us together.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #63 on: November 12, 2013, 07:43:22 PM »

Nay
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #64 on: November 13, 2013, 08:58:46 AM »

Currently:

4-3-1-2

With MAxwell and Xahar not voting. Two days remaining on the vote.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #65 on: November 13, 2013, 12:59:29 PM »

5 is a nice number, 7 is not.

Aye
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #66 on: November 15, 2013, 03:58:05 PM »

Vote on Amendment 58:14 by Spiral

Aye (5): Maxwell, Napoleon, NC Yankee, Spiral and Tmthforu94
Nay (3): bore, Gass3268, and TNF
Abstain (1): TyriontheImperialist

Didn't Vote (1): Xahar

With time having expired, the amendment has been adopted.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #67 on: November 15, 2013, 04:00:17 PM »

Does this have the votes to pass the Senate and be sent to the regions with five, or no?
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #68 on: November 16, 2013, 02:53:18 PM »

Well?
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #69 on: November 16, 2013, 02:55:20 PM »

Might as well take this to a final vote.
PJ
Politics Junkie
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #70 on: November 16, 2013, 03:48:29 PM »

I'm going to point out something mentioned earlier by Xahar. Why don't y'all just recognize organized parties with no number limit? It gets rid of unorganized three person parties, it would get rid of Liberal immediately, and new active parties can still assemble and be successful.
President Tyrion
TyrionTheImperialist

« Reply #71 on: November 16, 2013, 05:02:28 PM »

I'm going to point out something mentioned earlier by Xahar. Why don't y'all just recognize organized parties with no number limit? It gets rid of unorganized three person parties, it would get rid of Liberal immediately, and new active parties can still assemble and be successful.

It's possible. How do we determine the definition of "organized" in such a case?
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #72 on: November 16, 2013, 05:51:50 PM »

It's possible. How do we determine the definition of "organized" in such a case?
I'd defiantly be open to Senator Xahar's proposal if the above concern were addressed.
PJ
Politics Junkie
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #73 on: November 16, 2013, 06:53:33 PM »

I ask a Senator to sponsor the following amendment:

You must be logged in to read this quote.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #74 on: November 16, 2013, 07:21:17 PM »

I'll introduce it for discussion:

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies