B. 002: The SECOND Medical Marijuana Legalization Act
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 07:02:58 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  B. 002: The SECOND Medical Marijuana Legalization Act
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: B. 002: The SECOND Medical Marijuana Legalization Act  (Read 834 times)
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 09, 2005, 11:24:32 PM »
« edited: March 16, 2005, 10:44:25 PM by Secretary King »

Another proposal for the Pacific Legislature: 

B. 002:  The SECOND Medical Marijuana Legalization Act

Section 1
(a).  The legislature of the Pacific region shall hereby legalize marijuana for medical use.

Section 2
(a).  All medical marijuana shall be grown on state farm subsides in undisclosed locations throughout the Pacific. 

(b).  All marijuana grown by these farm subsides shall be distributed by the Pacific government.

Section 3
(a).  Only physicians with official medical marijuana prescription pads from the Pacific shall be given the ability to prescribe medical marijuana. 

(b).  If a prescription pad is lost or stolen, the physcian shall be required to report the disappearance to authorities or face arrest.

Section 4
(a).  All pharmacies who have recieved distributions of medical marijuana shall be required to store the drug in a location out of the public's view or reach.
Lt. Gov. Immy
Immy

« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2005, 02:15:23 AM »

So you are amending the the The Medical Marijuana Legalization Act that is already on the books?

Propositions that have passed and have now been enacted.

The Medical Marijuana Legalization Act
This Act if passed will legalize Medical Marijuana within the Pacific Region.

Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2005, 02:41:30 AM »

It is well know that cases of schizophrenia and bipolar disorder are more prevalent in frequent Marijuana users. People who claim to 'need' it for medical purposes would most certainly be daily users of Marijuana.

I sympathise with their pain, but i'nm not going to give them something that will screw up their brains as well as their bodies.
TheWildCard
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2005, 03:07:07 AM »

It is well know that cases of schizophrenia and bipolar disorder are more prevalent in frequent Marijuana users. People who claim to 'need' it for medical purposes would most certainly be daily users of Marijuana.

I sympathise with their pain, but i'nm not going to give them something that will screw up their brains as well as their bodies.

I thought you were for the original Act?

BTW I'm going to let us debate this for a little bit. Then once Immy gets elected Lt. Governor he can start the official vote.
Lt. Gov. Immy
Immy

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2005, 03:12:51 AM »

BTW I'm going to let us debate this for a little bit. Then once Immy gets elected Lt. Governor he can start the official vote.

Well, here's the rub.  I'm leaving town on the 13th to go to Casper, Wyoming to build a house for Habitat for Humanity   I will get back late on the 19th and then I leave for New York City for a Model UN Conference early on the 20th and I won't be back until late on the 26th.  so I will be offline for two weeks.  Do if I do win in the election, I won't be able to be sworn in or do my job for a couple of weeks.
TheWildCard
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2005, 03:18:01 AM »

Well, here's the rub.  I'm leaving town on the 13th to go to Casper, Wyoming to build a house for Habitat for Humanity   I will get back late on the 19th and then I leave for New York City for a Model UN Conference early on the 20th and I won't be back until late on the 26th.  so I will be offline for two weeks.  Do if I do win in the election, I won't be able to be sworn in or do my job for a couple of weeks.

Okay then we will debate this until Sunday or Monday and I'll post a vote then.
Lt. Gov. Immy
Immy

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2005, 03:22:08 AM »

Okay then we will debate this until Sunday or Monday and I'll post a vote then.

Okay, thanks.  I really want to help out and get started with my job (that is, if I get elected), but I really can't help being without internet access.  I hope it is okay with everyone that I am unable to start for awhile.

As for this bill. I'm undecided.  We already have medical marijuana in th e Pacific Region, so I guess having the above regulations would be a good thing.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2005, 03:27:45 AM »
« Edited: March 10, 2005, 03:29:58 AM by Senator Gabu, PPT »

Er... it is?  I never knew that, so it can't be that well known.  Sources?

Marijuana is well known to be a very good painkiller.  In addition to that, it's very good at conjuring up an appetite, which could be very useful for people like cancer victims who undergo treatments that greatly suppress appetite.

Regarding addiction concerns, I have a friend who smokes it occasionally, and he certainly isn't hooked; he can go for months at a time without smoking a single joint.  From what I know, marijuana is less addictive than cigarettes are.  Withdrawl symptoms are minimal, if present at all.  At the very least,  marijuana is certainly less addictive than substances like morphine, and the use of those for medicinal purposes is allowed.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2005, 06:18:36 PM »

So you are amending the the The Medical Marijuana Legalization Act that is already on the books?

Propositions that have passed and have now been enacted.

The Medical Marijuana Legalization Act
This Act if passed will legalize Medical Marijuana within the Pacific Region.

I could have sworn that was taken off the ballot when the Senate was debating full legalization.   Anyway, this is just a bill overriding a bill...
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2005, 10:45:15 PM »

*bump*
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2005, 06:22:28 AM »

As the biggest supplier of medical marijuana in the Pacific region and the third-biggest employer in Maui County, King Kamehameha IV Enterprises will combat this amendment, which leads to unnecessary bureaucracy (and might prevent 80% of our satisfied customers from getting our product, but we won't say that) with the full strength of our PR expense account.
Smiley

On Schizophrenia: It is also widely known, though still sometimes debated, that this is because schizophrenics self-medicate with marijuana, which helps keeps their symptoms down in early stages.
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2005, 05:19:41 PM »

I believe I abstained.

Because this bill is an improvement on the original, I will vote in favour of it, but it's not the best solution.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies