Immigration plan
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:28:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Immigration plan
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Immigration plan  (Read 2440 times)
Darth Plagueis
Kazakhstan

Political Matrix
E: 5.65, S: 1.45

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 09, 2013, 08:23:16 PM »
« edited: November 09, 2013, 08:59:17 PM by Darth Plagueis »

My plan.

-Secure the border right away. Put the military on the border.
-Fine Mexico, force them to pay us for everylast Illegal.
-Deport everylast Illegal Immigrant.
-Put a 10year ban on Immigration. No immigrants allowed into this country, from ANY country.
-Give large tax cuts to companies that hire in America.
-Make it law that companies have to hire in America, bring jobs back from overseas. Ban hiring of non-American citizens from companies.
-Increase the amount of border patrol by one hundred times.
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 6.96

« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2013, 08:34:21 PM »

This would wreak havoc on the US economy. Removing millions of people from the economy is not a reasonable option. You would turn the southwestern US into another Detroit.
Darth Plagueis
Kazakhstan

Political Matrix
E: 5.65, S: 1.45

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2013, 08:38:30 PM »

This would wreak havoc on the US economy. Removing millions of people from the economy is not a reasonable option. You would turn the southwestern US into another Detroit.

No it wouldint dude, I know this for a fact. Like I have TONS of friends who are able and want to work (at the same place I work) but they can't because management hires Illegals so they can pay them 5cents an hour. If we deport them, Americans can take their jobs. Ever since the amnesty bill of the 1980s, things have gone to hell. Also their criminals, if we give them amnesty or guest worker it will just attract more. I advocate getting rid of them all, a ban on immigration for 10years then after we have unemployment down to 3% reconsider our policy.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2013, 08:39:15 PM »

- Secure the border, period.
 - Encourage all immigration.
 - Make the process of immigration slightly easier than it is now.
 - Make sure all illegal immigrants go through the naturalization process before receiving any kind of amnesty.
 - Have free trade with most countries

So basically, I welcome immigration. America cannot thrive without immigrants. However we can't just have illegal immigrants pass through the border and breaking the laws. We need a secure border and basic laws to prevent illegal immigration. I don't support immediately detaining illegals and shipping them back to where they came from, but they should have to pay a fine or do jail time for violating laws. There here should be a required process you must go through before becoming a citizen (I honestly think its a little too complicated, so I would trim the unnecessary stuff out of it). And last but not least, we should have free trade with all countries so we can improve our standing in the world, obtain items we need, etc.
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 6.96

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2013, 08:43:49 PM »

No it wouldint dude, I know this for a fact. Like I have TONS of friends who are able and want to work (at the same place I work) but they can't because management hires Illegals so they can pay them 5cents an hour. If we deport them, Americans can take their jobs. Ever since the amnesty bill of the 1980s, things have gone to hell. Also their criminals, if we give them amnesty or guest worker it will just attract more. I advocate getting rid of them all, a ban on immigration for 10years then after we have unemployment down to 3% reconsider our policy.

What about the immediate vacuum of demand you would create in places like the West Valley of Phoenix where close to half the population is illegal immigrants and their children? You would have entire neighborhoods turned to ghost towns. All the businesses that operate in the area would be SOL. All the teachers who are employed by schools in the areas would be SOL. All the doctors who see the illegals' children would be SOL. It's not the supply side of the economy mass deportation would screw up; it's the demand side.
Redalgo
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2013, 03:31:01 AM »

I disagree with everything in the OP, and would describe border security as a low priority to me.
PJ
Politics Junkie
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2013, 09:37:43 AM »

I disagree with everything in the OP, and would describe border security as a low priority to me.
Flake
JacobTiver
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2013, 09:53:13 AM »

hahahahahahaha no.
what
no
-Put a 10year ban on Immigration. No immigrants allowed into this country, from ANY country.
You have a severe misunderstanding of how America came to be. Immigrants is 99.1%% of this entire country and Native Americans would literally be the only people left.
Or give them to companies that hire more than 50 employees in the United States.
-Make it law that companies have to hire in America, bring jobs back from overseas. Ban hiring of non-American citizens from companies.
So the Brazilian family next door is going to have to move out because they weren't born here?!
Oh my god just no

You have a very bad understanding of how our nation came to be, and how our economy works. Your family who came here long before you are immigrants and I'm sorry they cannot find a job, but instead of blaming it on immigrants maybe look at yourselves?

1. No it wouldint dude, I know this for a fact. 2. Like I have TONS of friends who are able and want to work (at the same place I work) but they can't because management hires Illegals so they can pay them 5cents an hour. 3. If we deport them, Americans can take their jobs. Ever since the amnesty bill of the 1980s, things have gone to hell. 4. Also their criminals, if we give them amnesty or guest worker it will just attract more. 5. I advocate getting rid of them all, a ban on immigration for 10years then after we have unemployment down to 3% reconsider our policy.

1. It would
2. According to Ohio Law, all workers who work in your state need to authorize if the person they are hiring is illegal or not, and if you think your employer is hiring illegal immigrants, then you can call (866) 347-2423 to call the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement and tell as much as you know, including the name of the business, the location of the business, the details of the suspected illegal immigrants, and your name, but you can remain anonymous. You can also tip them online, which I know you have an internet connection.
3. That amnesty bill made it harder for illegal immigrants to get hired, by a lot, and tried to get those immigrants eligible for amnesty so they could work then.
4. They are not criminals, nearly all came here for a better life.
5. You are not a smart man.
They put it to a vote and they just kept lying
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2013, 08:36:35 PM »

no f'ing way.

lolwhat.

that's not a word and that term is not a proper noun. also no.

that's really really racist.

lmfao

LMFAO.

STOP STOP MY SIDES ARE HURTING OH GOD
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2013, 09:37:37 PM »

My plan.

Thank god him and his horrible immigration policies are gone.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2013, 10:42:02 PM »

Ban guest worker programs first and foremost.
barfbag
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.26, S: -0.87

« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2013, 11:58:59 PM »

Require employers to attest to their employees' immigration status as we already do.

Keep it illegal to unknowingly hire or recruit unauthorized immigrants.

Legalize certain seasonal agricultural illegal immigrants.

Legalize illegal immigrants who entered the United States before January 1, 2010 and have resided here continuously with the penalty of back taxes due and admission of guilt.

Citizenship requirements include a knowledge of U.S. history, government, and proficiency in the English language.

Immigration has a positive effect on the free market by allowing people to work in exchange for being in this country along with driving down prices resulting in an increase in our dollar's value. Low wages means an increase in the value of the dollar. Amnesty is the way to go every 20 years.
Mordecai
Australia

« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2013, 02:35:44 AM »

My plan.

I thought Republicans weren't protectionist.

Like I have TONS of friends who are able and want to work (at the same place I work) but they can't because management hires Illegals so they can pay them 5cents an hour.
Maybe they should think of career change.

Require employers to attest to their employees' immigration status as we already do.

Legalize illegal immigrants who entered the United States before January 1, 2010 and have resided here continuously with the penalty of back taxes due and admission of guilt.

Citizenship requirements include a knowledge of U.S. history, government, and proficiency in the English language.

Immigration has a positive effect on the free market by allowing people to work in exchange for being in this country along with driving down prices resulting in an increase in our dollar's value. Low wages means an increase in the value of the dollar. Amnesty is the way to go every 20 years.
This.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2013, 07:24:34 AM »

Why do you want to reintroduce slavery?
barfbag
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.26, S: -0.87

« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2013, 05:42:49 PM »

Why do you want to reintroduce slavery?

If immigrants want to move here and earn a living, then it's their choice. They should be paid and respected for it. Amnesty is the answer every 20 years or so. If someone has been here that long and stayed out of trouble along with paying their taxes, then I see no reason not to grant them citizenship. I feel providing an opportunity for someone to earn their own way is very generous.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2013, 04:31:25 AM »

Amazing, a thread where virtually everyone who has posted so far is wrong to some extent.

OP
1. Eh/Worthless
2. Really, just gonna send the Army in Pershing style and demand they pay?
3. Impractical and Counterproductive
4. Genius. I would just love to see the GDP numbers with a shrinking population (sarcasm)
5. You would be better off spending it on education.
6. lol no. Value Migration is like water. It will flow. You block the left, it will go to the right. You ban our companies, then those companies will go out of business and 100% foreign companies will pick up the slack. Then you have to initiate an embargo to make it work. Enjoy rampant inflation and no gas.
7. border, border, border. Yea, it is basically a distraction.

Water shortages will do that anyway. The Southwest has too many people as it is. Losing a few hundred thousand or million, actually might ease the pain to come. Eventually nature will force them to move anyway. You don't have to worry about crops not being picked, when the water isn't there to grow it.

@ ElectionsGuy
Correct in general terms, but the history has shown that giving amnesty will only perpetuate the present status quo or worsen it.

Well you have to have border security, but the over-emphasis on it is merely a distraction and frankly further such security will yield diminishing returns. The real game enforcement wise concerns reducing the demand for them to come here in the first place so that the traffic flow can be reduced. Economics play a huge roll in this so enfocring the work place is priority one.

Ban guest worker programs first and foremost.

They need to be fundamentally re-thought on many levels, or a different approach tried for sure.

The departed bb was at least honest about wanting a cyclical amnesty policy and if you are going to do it, yes you might as well give them citizenship (this legalized but not citizenship stuff is bs. Amnesty is amnesty, if you give it to them, you might as well go all the way). However, iti s not preferred or desriable and as was said by TNF condemns people to slavery and abuse until its "their turn". It also renders mute the whole purpose of having immigration laws if you are just going to waive it every twenty years for whoever makes it through the gaunlet of death and mistreatment. Sounds cruel and unusual to me. Either enforce the  laws or let everyone in who wants in (rather impratical since nature would once again veto it). 
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2013, 04:53:42 AM »

You have to enforce the workplace and reform the legal system of course, and you cannot give amnesty except on a limited basis (something like a Dream Act for instance).
courts
Ghost_white
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2013, 04:15:55 PM »

-less immigration
-deport everyone
-seal the border from drugs and illegals
-mandatory id cards as part of a single payer national healthcare service (literally nationalize hospitals too)
TheDeadFlagBlues
Junior Chimp
Canada
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2013, 04:48:56 PM »
« Edited: December 05, 2013, 04:50:44 PM by TheDeadFlagBlues »

-less immigration
-deport everyone
-seal the border from drugs and illegals
-mandatory id cards as part of a single payer national healthcare service (literally nationalize hospitals too)

Why do you support deporting everybody? We allow children who are born in this country to reap the rewards of citizenship without the guarantee of their participation in civic life yet adults who've lived in communities for 10-20 years and have children should be deported? This is nonsensical.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2013, 06:50:59 PM »
« Edited: December 06, 2013, 01:28:32 AM by SPC »

I had been considering making a post about immigration, I guess this provides me with an opportunity. I've been on the fence regarding the immigration issue for about a year now, with the temptation to defect from the libertarian plumb line on this matter. However, after careful consideration, one must acknowledge that, since the US currently has strict immigration laws, then any criticism of open borders would seem to illustrate the futility of enacting such laws. Steps like those that you advocate would only serve to turn the country into even more of a police state, which would most certaintly not limit its wrath to immigrants. I simply do not see a good solution to this issue, as elected officials have no incentive to actually solve the immigration issue since its existence empowers them.

The immigration issue is merely the consequence of the failures of other policies. Making immigration strict has ensured that the bulk of immigrants are impoverished and have little to lose by breaking the law, and also encourages them to bring their families with them rather than risk deportation by constantly sending their earnings back to their homeland. Similarly, demand for immigrant labor seems to originate primarily from their legal status (or lack thereof), since those that violated the law to come here are unlikely to report their employers for violating minimum wage laws or various other regulations that impede on contractual relationships between employers and employees. Birthright citizenship guarantees that those that came here uninvited will be able to reap the rewards of the welfare state and vote for politicians that promote its expansion.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies