Worst County in the Country? Explain why?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 04:33:08 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Worst County in the Country? Explain why?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: Worst County in the Country? Explain why?  (Read 4725 times)
KCDem

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: September 21, 2014, 11:22:38 PM »

King County, TX. Ignorance capital of the world.
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #51 on: September 21, 2014, 11:30:38 PM »

Eliot County, KY.  Poor, depressing, nothing to do and hasn't voted for one Republican nominee from Fremont to Romney!

So I take it you like Orange County, CA? It's rich, sunny, has plenty of things to do, and almost always votes Republican. Wink
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #52 on: September 21, 2014, 11:33:21 PM »

Not sure if it's the worst, but Rhea, TN had the Scopes Trial, and then a few years ago considered banning gays.
Rockefeller GOP
United States

« Reply #53 on: September 22, 2014, 10:56:52 AM »

Eliot County, KY.  Poor, depressing, nothing to do and hasn't voted for one Republican nominee from Fremont to Romney!

So I take it you like Orange County, CA? It's rich, sunny, has plenty of things to do, and almost always votes Republican. Wink

Yeah, it's certainly not a bad one! Smiley
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #54 on: September 22, 2014, 01:23:12 PM »

Funny how that works.  I thought all the racist Democrats joined the GOP. Wink
Rockefeller GOP
United States

« Reply #55 on: September 22, 2014, 04:33:59 PM »

Duh!  And the only reason was the CRA, it just (for some reason) took those Southern Whites several decades to catch on!
Obama-Biden Democrat
Zyzz
Junior Chimp

« Reply #56 on: September 22, 2014, 05:35:43 PM »

Wayne, MI

Because its a poor, crime-ridden, just downright depressing area in America (mostly because of Detroit).

Why the hate? Sad Detroit's a beautiful city where you can drunkenly stumble to any gas station at 2 AM to buy single cigarettes if you can't afford a full pack. $.50 a piece!

Buying single cigarettes would be so epic. I hate having to buy an entire pack when I drink.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #57 on: September 22, 2014, 10:21:04 PM »

Duh!  And the only reason was the CRA, it just (for some reason) took those Southern Whites several decades to catch on!

Oh look, you found a friend. Good for you.

Anyways, Elliott County's voting patterns are more attributable to Rocky Adkins than to any grand narrative. Nice try, though.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #58 on: September 22, 2014, 10:28:01 PM »

Wayne, MI

Because its a poor, crime-ridden, just downright depressing area in America (mostly because of Detroit).

Why the hate? Sad Detroit's a beautiful city where you can drunkenly stumble to any gas station at 2 AM to buy single cigarettes if you can't afford a full pack. $.50 a piece!

No hate, just the truth. There's many other areas in the country that I almost equally would not want to live in, like northern Minnesota or Manhattan, NYC (though all for different reasons, of course). When we look at Detroit's history and its presence now, its just depressing (and I'm not a smoker and will never be one, btw)
Rockefeller GOP
United States

« Reply #59 on: September 22, 2014, 10:38:58 PM »

Anyways, Elliott County's voting patterns are more attributable to Rocky Adkins than to any grand narrative. Nice try, though.

Mhm.  God forbid any "hick" county be filled with registered Democrats who legitimately buy into the economically populist policies of the DNC, right?  If they're culturally conservative in any way, there has to be some other lurking variable to explain away why you can't trash them as Republicans of the "cling to their guns" type.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #60 on: September 22, 2014, 10:48:40 PM »

I like that you glossed over the massive drop off in Democratic support once Obama was on the ballot. Wink
Rockefeller GOP
United States

« Reply #61 on: September 22, 2014, 10:55:18 PM »

I like that you glossed over the massive drop off in Democratic support once Obama was on the ballot. Wink

Okay, so they're racist DEMOCRATS, haha.  Not sure that's a preferable narrative for you, but whatever.  And the county voted for Obama twice, it clearly isn't some "DINO" haven.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #62 on: September 22, 2014, 11:44:30 PM »

Wayne, MI

No hate, just the truth. There's many other areas in the country that I almost equally would not want to live in, like northern Minnesota or Manhattan, NYC (though all for different reasons, of course). When we look at Detroit's history and its presence now, its just depressing (and I'm not a smoker and will never be one, btw)

We have a white mayor, now, FYI. An obvious sign we're on the rebound. As well, Detroit being "crime-ridden" allows the cops to focus on actual transgressions instead of stopping cars full of kids smoking dope or breaking speed limits. A libertarian's dream.

In any case, America's worst county is probably in the South or South-West, if only due to climate concerns.

Why would having a white mayor make the city better? Race isn't part of this. I guess that's good that cops are busy with actual crimes as you stated, however I still don't want to live in an area where over 2,000 violent crimes are committed for every 100K people. We'll just have to respectfully disagree. Sorry Cath.
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.03, S: -8.87

« Reply #63 on: September 23, 2014, 08:34:52 AM »

Wayne, MI

We have a white mayor, now, FYI. An obvious sign we're on the rebound. As well, Detroit being "crime-ridden" allows the cops to focus on actual transgressions instead of stopping cars full of kids smoking dope or breaking speed limits. A libertarian's dream.

In any case, America's worst county is probably in the South or South-West, if only due to climate concerns.

LOL.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #64 on: September 23, 2014, 09:20:43 AM »

Mhm.  God forbid any "hick" county be filled with registered Democrats who legitimately buy into the economically populist policies of the DNC, right?  If they're culturally conservative in any way, there has to be some other lurking variable to explain away why you can't trash them as Republicans of the "cling to their guns" type.

I don't see your point. The quality HuffPo profile of Elliott County makes it seem pretty clear that the reason it votes differently from its surrounding areas is Rocky Adkins' (and the entire Adkins family's) influence in state politics and their ability to funnel lots of money into the district (in an area that's very much defined by familial loyalties) that keeps it voting Dem.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #65 on: September 23, 2014, 10:47:04 AM »

I love all the turds in this thread going on about how being a 'poor' county qualifies it for being one of the worst counties or the worst counties in the country. I would personally say that the worst county is the country is whichever has the highest median income, because that would have the highest concentration of useless social parasites in need of a play date with the National Razor.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #66 on: September 23, 2014, 10:52:21 AM »

For TNF. Based on likely occupations of the residents of these counties, Hunterdon or Putnam are probably the most guillotine-worthy in the country.
Arturo Belano

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.43

« Reply #67 on: September 23, 2014, 11:09:16 AM »
« Edited: September 23, 2014, 11:11:33 AM by Arturo Belano »

Can someone please destroy Orange County, CA? It seems their main export to the rest of the US are smug jerks and pig disgusting bourgeois swine.
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: 1.46

P P P

« Reply #68 on: September 23, 2014, 02:15:45 PM »

Worst in Mississippi is definitely DeSoto. 
Oswald Acted Alone, You Kook
The Obamanation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #69 on: September 23, 2014, 06:55:24 PM »

Reading these wants me to set up a worst country tournament. Too bad no specific "West Alaska"  country was named. Let's just go with North Slope.

You know what, let's go with North Slope. A real nowhere land where no one lives and it's nothing but ice.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #70 on: September 23, 2014, 08:12:13 PM »

We have a white mayor, now, FYI. An obvious sign we're on the rebound.

Is this a serious post?
Oswald Acted Alone, You Kook
The Obamanation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #71 on: September 24, 2014, 09:35:37 AM »

King County, TX. Ignorance capital of the world.
You're just saying that because there were less than ten Obama voters.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #72 on: September 24, 2014, 04:45:59 PM »

Basically those counties with "cities" that are basically giant trailer parks surrounding Walmart Super Centers and old small 1990s Walmarts converted to megachurches.

places like-

El Paso, CO
Maricopa, AZ
Illuminati Blood Drinker
phwezer
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.42, S: -7.30

« Reply #73 on: September 26, 2014, 03:42:18 PM »

I dunno about the whole country, but the worst county in California is obviously Fresno County Orange County.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #74 on: September 26, 2014, 04:11:47 PM »

I'll reiterate Forsyth County, GA. 

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies