2016 Presidential Election
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 06:35:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  2016 Presidential Election
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: 2016 Presidential Election  (Read 8968 times)
Flake
JacobTiver
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 11, 2013, 01:47:26 AM »
« edited: November 11, 2013, 02:02:12 AM by Flo »

(United News Network)
Ames, Iowa, August 16, 2015.

Good evening, America, tonight we have the results of the 6th Republican Ames Straw Poll, as well as the first Democratic Ames Straw Poll that was endorsed by President Barack Obama and Vice President Joe Biden. We had expected Joe Biden to enter the 2016 race, but he decided against it the morning after Hillary Clinton had spoken to a roaring crowd in Little Rock, Arkansas. The Republican straw poll in recent years had led more conservative candidates to win, such as former Minnesota Representative Michelle Bachmann in 2011 and Evangelist Pat Robertson in 1987.

The Republican side is expected to be very close, where the conservative side is split between Kentucky Senator Rand Paul, Texas Senator Ted Cruz, Kansas Governor Sam Brownback, and Florida Senator Marco Rubio, while the moderate vote is split between New Jersey Governor Chris Christie, Ohio Governor John Kasich, and former Ambassador to China Jon Huntsman.

The Democratic side, however, should not be close at all. With little-known competition here in Iowa, former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton looks to crush New York Senator Kirsten Gillibrand, Ohio Senator Sherrod Brown, and Colorado Governor John Hickenlooper.

We are now awaiting the tallies....

REPUBLICAN STRAW POLL
Ted Cruz: 4,398
Rand Paul: 4,217
Chris Christie: 4,215
Jon Huntsman: 4,005
Marco Rubio: 3,992
John Kasich:  3,435
Sam Brownback: 2,986

Ted Cruz has narrowly won the Ames Straw Poll for the Republican side. With an astonishing turnout of 27,248 people, 11,000 more than in 2011, this seems to be an energetic base that wants to elect a true conservative. However it is interesting to note that Chris Christie, although by a margin of only two votes, had gotten first place. Most people had thought he would have won easily but there was a strong showing by Jon Huntsman, who received 4,005 votes that definitely cut into Christies margins. The Brownback campaign is looking weak in this midwestern state that they thought they could win, but lost badly.

DEMOCRATIC STRAW POLL
Hillary Clinton: 7,098
Kirsten Gillibrand: 7,098
Sherrod Brown: 7,098

John Hickenlooper: 6,488

Unbelievable. There is a three way tie for first place. Clinton was heavily favored, she has a huge lead in the polls and against all of her general election candidates, but she is tied with New York Senator Kirsten Gillibrand, who in 2012 won re-election with over 70% of the statewide vote, and Ohio Senator Sherrod Brown, who also won re-election over a strong Republican candidate, but only with slightly more than 50%. Colorado Governor John Hickenlooper was 610 votes away from all of his major opponents, and that begs some questions for both parties.

Will Hickenlooper or Brownback drop out after disappointing losses?
What will happen to Clintons lead in the polls after this rare tie?
Who holds the future to the Republican Party?
Will the Democrats even nominate Clinton?

You will have three days for each turn. Each turn will last a week (in the game), and I will update polling numbers on how I feel the candidate is connecting to the voters. PM me if you want someone/people to endorse you. If any questions please post on this thread.

You will start campaigning on Monday, August 15, 2015, and I wish you a good election candidates.
Flake
JacobTiver
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2013, 02:07:10 AM »
« Edited: November 13, 2013, 12:49:14 AM by Flo »

Endorsements for

Sherrod Brown:
Former Iowa Senator Tom Harkin
Former Ohio Governor Ted Strickland

Sam Brownback:

Chris Christie:

Hillary Clinton:
Massachusetts Senator Elizabeth Warren

Ted Cruz:

Kirsten Gillibrand:
Illinois's 17th Representative Cheri Bustos
Tuscon Mayor Jonathon Rothschild
Arizona's 1st Representative Ann Kirkpatrick
Houston Mayor Annise Parker

John Hickenlooper:

Jon Huntsman:

John Kasich:
Ohio Senator Rob Portman
Former Louisiana Governor Bobby Jindal

Rand Paul:
Former Kentucky Senator Mitch McConnell
North Carolinas 3rd Representative Walter Jones Jr.
Former South Carolina Senator Jim DeMint

Marco Rubio:
New Hampshire Senator Kelly Ayotte
Idaho Governor Butch Otter

(No more major party candidates can enter at this time, but independent/third party candidates are available to be picked until January in this timeline)

You can have also try to get candidates of other parties, PM me up to ten people who you want to try to get endorsements from, and you can try to get the endorsement of a person again.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2013, 11:32:34 AM »

Governor Kasich interviewed after Iowa Straw Poll:
August 16th, Iowa:

Reporter: Your thoughts on the result, Governor?
Kasich: I think we did pretty well given the current circumstances. I'm aware that we got sixth place, but you have to remember that unlike the rest I don't have a financial juggernaut, and there's the fact that the difference with the first place was very small.
Reporter: Don't you think this could hurt your polling numbers or your fundraising?
Kasich: No, I think it's the other way around. You have guys like Rubio, Christie, Paul and Cruz, the so called frontrunners, who failed to win landslides against candidates like Jon Huntsman, Sam Brownback and myself. They showed weakness, they proved this race is wide open.
Reporter: Governor Kasich, one last question. Where are you going now?
Kasich: More than going to early states this week, I decided to break the mold and take a small national tour. I want to meet with Republicans across the whole country and hear what they have to say. And why not, I could meet with some endorsers as well... The fight goes on!
Flake
JacobTiver
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2013, 11:33:34 AM »

EARLY POLLING

Monday: August 17, 2015

REPUBLICAN PARTY PRESIDENTIAL PRIMARIES

Iowa:

Chris Christie: 19%
Ted Cruz: 19%

Rand Paul: 16%
Marco Rubio: 11%
John Kasich: 9%
Jon Huntsman: 8%
Sam Brownback: 7%
Undecided: 11%

New Hampshire:

Jon Huntsman: 27%
Chris Christie: 16%
John Kasich: 13%
Marco Rubio: 9%
Ted Cruz: 7%
Sam Brownback: 5%
Rand Paul: 4%
Undecided: 19%

South Carolina:

Ted Cruz: 19%
Sam Brownback: 17%
Marco Rubio: 16%
Rand Paul: 15%
Jon Huntsman: 8%
John Kasich: 8%
Chris Christie: 7%
Undecided: 10%
Flake
JacobTiver
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2013, 11:44:40 AM »

EARLY POLLING

Monday: August 17, 2015

DEMOCRATIC PARTY PRESIDENTIAL PRIMARIES

Iowa:

Hillary Clinton: 36%
Kirsten Gillibrand: 22%
John Hickenlooper: 18%
Sherrod Brown: 15%
Undecided: 9%

New Hampshire:

Kirsten Gillibrand: 25%
Hillary Clinton 25%

Sherrod Brown: 21%
John Hickenlooper: 21%
Undecided: 8%

Nevada:

John Hickenlooper: 29%
Sherrod Brown: 28%
Hillary Clinton: 28%
Kirsten Gillibrand: 9%
Undecided: 6%
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2013, 12:24:46 PM »

August 15: Iowa

Chuck Todd: Your thoughts on the straw poll results?
Clinton: Well, I think it shows this is going to be a competitive Democratic primary, and
Chuck Todd: But doesn't this damage your chances as the solid frontrunner, much like what happened in 2008?
Clinton: Look Chuck, it's early, we've got many month to go until Iowa and New Hampshire and the rest, so I'm not too concerned. I know this is a fun game the media likes to play, but I am going to keep making my case why I'd be the best candidate for the Democrats and the strongest one to take on any of the Republican challengers. I think what you're seeing in this race is that Democrats are excited and we're excited because we have the policies that will help move this country forward; something our friends on the right can't say.

Iowa Campaign Schedule: August 15

-Rally in Ames, IA
-Town Hall in Clinton, IA
-Rally in Iowa City with Sen. Elizabeth Warren

Sen. Warren Endorses Hillary Clinton

"I'm announcing my support for Hillary Clinton to be the next President of the United States. Never before in our nation's has there been a candidate my qualified and more prepared than Hillary. To fight for the middle class, to protect the changes we've instilled these past eight years and to keep America moving forward then let us unite around this woman and select her as our candidate and elect her the next President of the United States."
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2013, 12:31:24 PM »

Gillibrand Campaign schedule

Monday August 17, 2015

Official Campaign announcement in Greenwich Village, Manhattan, New York
I'm in this race because we can't have another dynasty... No offense to Senator Brown and Governor Hickenlooper but they can't beat a glass ceiling, and take down a political Dynasty for the second time, And while I'm sure Madame Clinton would have made an excellent President her time is past, and we need to prove it to her.

Rally at Muscatine High School, Muscatine, Iowa
Senator Clinton is already in trouble here, with two competitors hot on her tail, and we are going to make her feel the heat.

Meet and Greet in Le Claire, Iowa

Meet and Greet in Panorama Park, Iowa

Interview on Monday Night Countdown
(Colts vs Bills) with Chris Berman from Dixon, Iowa
I oppose a new stadium in Buffalo because it's rather clear ownership is looking to leave anyways, and I'm sure a city like Los Angeles could use an NFL franchise.
Berman; MMA fighting is still illegal in New York after all these years, do you see a place for it your state? With proper rules and regulations, yes there is a place for activities such as MMA fighting, and it's a shame it's not regulated because people tend do things without knowing the rules that tend to be illegal, and dangerous and that isn't good for anyone.

Tuesday August 18, 2015
Rally in Tipton, Iowa
They Republican field is just as divided as ours, only they are battling the soul of their party, We are battling for our party ideology, do we want to go forward into the future, or back into the 1990's?

Meet and Greet in Clarence, Iowa

Meet and Greet in Stanwood, Iowa

Meet and Greet in DeWitt, Iowa

Rally in Clinton, Iowa
Hillary Clinton was great leader during the capture and killing of Osama Bin Laden, but where was she during the Benghazi crisis? I understand she had an illness, but everything I know about her personality indicates that she doesn't let others answer for her... So why was Susan Rice answering at all?

Wednesday, August 17 2015

Rally in Galena, Illinois

I respect Governor Hickenlooper for trying to pass a Gun Control law in Colorado, back in 2013, but look at how that cost him. He barely won re-election, briefly lost control of the State Senate, and faced incredible backlash for two years, At what cost? To keep people who would find a way to kill, with or without guns, off the streets? To keep guns out the hands people, who should not have them, but could easily use any other weapon? I most certainly do not support the NRA's methods, but they have a powerful base of support that isn't going away into the good night, and we mustn't be naive about it.

Rally in Sterling, Illinois

Interesting that former Minority Leader McConnell endorsed Senator Paul... This shows that the two are more alike than different after all. Indeed a vote Paul is a Continuation of Neo-Conservative  policies, and Tea Party madness, like refusing to raise the debt ceiling and shutting down the government

Meet with Cheri Bustos in East Moline, Illinois (seeking endorsement)

Meet and Greet in Sabula, Illinois

Meet and Greet in Andrew, Iowa

Thursday, August 18, 2105

Meet and Greet in Miles, Iowa

Meet and Greet in Mount Carroll, Illinois

Rally in Dixon, Illinois
Here in the boyhood home of Ronald Reagan, we are here to reject Reaganomics, as financial wishful thinking designed to make the rich richer and the poor poorer! We reject Reagan's foreign policy, invading Grenada, and supporting the Contras in Nicaragua illegally! We reject the Star Wars defense system which may have caused the end of the Cold War, but it also raised the stakes in our relations with the rest of world

Meet and greet in Tampico, Illinois

Appearance on The Late Show with David Letterman, in New York, New York
Letterman; So how's trying to stop a dynasty feel?
Gillibrand; Dunno, talk to me again after the caucuses.
Letterman;If Bill starts screwing around, would you use that as a line of attack?
Gillibrand; Well he is very energetic for a seventy year old man... I'm glad I haven't had him over yet

Friday ,August 19, 2015

Fundraiser and golf outing  at Oakmont Country Club, Oakmont, Pennsylvaina
Rally in Mt. Lebanon, Pennsylvania
The coal industry in Pennsylvania was already in decline when the EPA made their new regulations. It's time to find alternate sources of energy and wean this area off coal.

Meet with Ed Rendell in Scranton, Pennsylvania (seeking endorsement)

Meet with Michael Nutter in Valley Forge, Pennsylvaina (seeking Endorsement)

Rally in Tuscon, Arizona
I believe we can win this state in November, but we need the right candidate. I believe I am the right candidate because, I have not run for President my whole life, and I am a relatively fresh face, something this country needs after eight more years of trial and strife

Meet with Jonathan Rothschild in Tuscon, Arizona (seeking endorsement)

Saturday, August 20, 2015

Meet with Ann Kirkpatrick in Tuscon, Arizona (Seeking endorsement)

Meet with Greg Stanton in Pheonix, Arizona (Seeking endorsement)

Rally in  Reno, Nevada

Online gaming is something that while unethical, is something people have the choice to make. As such I will oppose prosecutions of online gaming sites, and support a bill that would make online gambling not just legal, but encouraged.

Meet with Harry Reid in Reno, Nevada (seeking endorsement)

Sunday August, 21, 2015

Rally in Texarkana, Arkansas
Hillary Clinton wants to run for President again? Did she forget 2008, when she was forced out by a charismatic candidate? I wish her luck but at the end of the day only one of us is going to be standing, and I believe that person will be me.

Meet and Greet in Naples, Texas

Meet and Greet in Canton, Texas

Meet with Annise Parker, in Houston, Texas (seeking endorsement)

Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2013, 12:59:03 PM »

Sherrod Brown Campaign Event on August 16th

"This straw poll gave a clear message to the big banks, to the insiders, and to the special interests: You don't control us anymore! Big money has taken over our political system and wrecked it, and only a true progressive can fix this country. Hillary Clinton, like her husband before, has shown herself beyond willing to take money from these people and do their bidding. I have been fighting the big abuses by big banks that started us on this path toward economic ruin and big bubbles. Ladies and gentlemen, let's beat this system and get America working again! this election needs to be about who bring forward progressive policies and who can move even further, not winning for the sake of a win. If that's the case, why don't we just elect Chris Christie as a Democrat!"

On Hardball

Chris Matthews: "You know Senator Brown, some on the Democratic side say you can't win, they say you're too liberal for the electorate, and on some accounts, i'd be inclined to agree. What do you say to people like me, who think the Democrats should win this instead of going for a Tea Party-esqe primary setting?"

Senator Brown: "Well first of all let me say this is nothing like the Tea Party. I am advocating for Democratic ideals. And to those who say I am too liberal, I won't lie and say I don't stand for what I stand for, but I am as constructive as can be. I worked on bank reform with David Vitter, I worked with Rand Paul on a lot of privacy issues, and I believe I am more constructive than any of the other Democrats on the field. But let's forget about that: I think the American people care more about someone who is reliable, someone they think is working honestly for them. I don't think Hillary Clinton, getting tons of donations from Wall Street and big banks, is going to be honest when she says 'I am fighting for you'. My campaign is based on small donations from individuals, and while I may not be able to barrage my opponents with advertisement about so and so's record, I will be able to go to every county in Iowa, New Hampshire, and South Carolina and say to them, I am fighting hard for you."

Matthews: "Let's move on: There are some that say that Liz Warren endorsing Hillary Clinton hurts your campaign. Does it?"

Brown: "Look, Elizabeth Warren is a good friend of mine, and no doubt she's a fighter, but she is her own person. I have no qualms with Warren based on this. She is a firebrand in the Senate for these kind of issues and I am proud to call her a colleague. That being said, I don't think it's a huge deal to my campaign, and in fact, we will pick many more endorsements from progressive leaders."

Also some of the polling doesn't make sense at all (Sherrod Brown only 15% in Iowa but 21% in New Hampshire is ridiculous), but whatevs.
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2013, 01:32:53 PM »

Rand Paul Campaign Schedule: August 15-21

August 15
-Town Hall in Le Mars, IA
-Town Hall in Pella, IA
-Town Hall in North Liberty, IA
-Town Hall in Indianola, IA
-Town Hall in Boone, IA

The economy is still quite rocky, folks. President Obama promised us years ago that unemployment would go below 6% after his grand stimulus, but look how that turned out. We're still suffering from unemployment in the high single digits, swelling welfare rolls, and less money in people's pockets. It's about time that we head in a new direction, I'd say.

August 16
-Town Hall in Keokuk, IA
-Town Hall in Fairfield, IA
-Attending Ames Straw Poll in Ames, IA
-Appearance on Situation Room with Wolf Blitzer, discussing straw poll results

Blitzer: Senator Paul, a fair amount of people had predicted that you would win this straw poll, but you ultimately came up short, going in second place. Are you disappointed by today's results?

Paul: Not at all, Wolf. In fact, I'm quite enthusiastic that I got the place I did with such fierce competition. I always knew going into it that others would fight vigorously, and I congratulate Senator Cruz on his win here. If anything, these results show that the future of the Republican Party is bright. Turnout is way higher than ever before this year, and we've got a lot of talented people running for the nomination this year. So, I am pleased by our strong showing, and we'll continue to march forward to victory in Iowa and elsewhere.

August 17
-Meet and Greet in Perry, IA
-Meet and Greet in Norwalk, IA
-Meet and Greet in Sioux Center, IA
-Meet and Greet in Clear Lake, IA
-Meet and Greet in Creston, IA

Good afternoon, sir. I'm not just going to travel in the big cities like some others will, where the money and the media are. Every voice counts in this race, and I'm making sure that I'm hearing the voices of Iowa in every part of this great state.

August 18
-Rally and Fundraiser in Sioux City, IA
-Rally and Fundraiser in Davenport, IA
-Rally and Fundraiser in Cedar Rapids, IA
-Rally and Fundraiser in Des Moines, IA
-Appearance on The O'Reilly Factor

August 19
-Town Hall in Lexington, SC
-Town Hall in Forest Acres, SC
-Rally in Myrtle Beach, SC
-Rally in Aiken, SC
-Rally in Florence, SC

August 20
-Rally and Fundraiser in Greenville, SC
-Rally and Fundraiser in Nort Charleston, SC
-Rally and Fundraiser in Charleston, SC
-Rally and Fundraiser in Columbia, SC
-Meeting with South Carolina Republican Party officials in Columbia, SC

South Carolina has had a long history of standing up for conservative values. Republicans have traditionally done well here too, but the Democrats are trying to target this state more. We shouldn't let their ambitions get in the way of getting the job done here, so it's important that we contact the voters and let us be more transparent in how we do our daily business.

August 21
-Town Hall in Spring Creek, NV
-Town Hall in Dayton, NV
-Town Hall in Fallon, NV
-Meeting with Republican Latino Association of Nevada in Las Vegas, NV

There's the prevailing stereotype that all Republicans simply don't care about Hispanics and about the issues facing them every day, but that just isn't true. Securing our borders is something that has been neglected for a long time, yes, but the solutions don't end there. We've got to focus our attention on the millions of Latinos already in this country. Many families are in poverty, and neighborhoods have been engulfed in crime of all sorts. This will take common-sense, bipartisan ideas to solve, and I'm one to launch the discussion.
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2013, 01:43:33 PM »

Rand Paul Endorsements

Mitch McConnell

Rand has proven himself to be a responsible and efficient member of the Senate during his time in office. There may be some policy disagreements, of course, but when you work with a man upfront for four years, you get to know him. And I can tell you that Senator Paul has been an excellent partner and he's someone who is qualified to lead this party to the White House.

Jim DeMint

I can reassure conservatives out there that Rand is most definitely a conservative. From my time working with him in the Senate and from our time talking together, he has a strong vision for how to lead this country forward, and he embraces all of the bedrock principles of the Republican Party. The liberals may be in control now, but they better watch out, because Rand has been underestimated before.

Walter Jones, Jr.

Senator Paul is someone who you know where he stands on the issues perfectly. He's against both the massive welfare state and warfare state that has bankrupted this country. Business as usual has gone on for way too long, and he is the best person to put a rein in government that I see in this election.
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2013, 03:51:37 PM »

Hillary Clinton Campaign Schedule: August 16-21

"...it is time for America to shatter the highest glass ceiling in the land. It is time to keep America moving forward, always forward. I promise that in me you will have a president who stands by your side and fights the fights with you. We need a champion in the White House and I intend to be that one for you."

August 16: Iowa
-Town Hall in Cedar Rapids, IA
-Town Hall in Sioux City, IA
-Rally in Council Bluff, IA with Sen. Elizabeth Warren
-Interview on AC360, Council Bluff IA

August 17: Iowa/New Hampshire
-Fundraiser in Ames, IA
-Rally in Ames, IA, with Sen. Elizabeth Warren
-Town Hall in Seabrook, NH
-Town Hall in Jackson, NH
-Town Hall in Plymouth, NH
-Interview with WMUR 9 in Manchester, NH
-Fundraiser in Manchester, NH

August 18: New Hampshire
-Town Hall in Portsmouth, NH
-Town Hall in Exeter, NH
-Town Hall in Raymond, NH
-Town Hall in Rochester, NH
-Town Hall in Berlin, NH

August 19: Nevada
-Fundraiser in Carson City, NV
-Fundraiser in Las Vegas, NV
-Rally in Las Vegas, NV

August 20: South Carolina/Florida
-Town Hall in Columbia, SC
-Town Hall in Charleston, SC
-Town Hall in Greenville, SC
-Fundraiser in Orlando, FL
Fundraiser in Miami, FL

August 21: Michigan/New Hampshire
-Town Hall in Detroit, MI
-Town Hall in Flint, MI
-Rally in Dover, NH, with Sen. Elizabeth Warren
-Town Hall in Hanover, NH

Elizabeth Warren Stumps for Hillary in Iowa
"We cannot allow the progressive reforms we've seen be undone by any Republican President, nor can we see future progress shucked. We need to keep push the agenda and fighting for the causes we hold near and dear to our heart. The Republicans want to turn back to a bygone era. They want to undo all the wall street reforms, they want to end healthcare for millions of our citizens...is this a future we want? No..."
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2013, 04:23:22 PM »

Sherrod Brown 2016 Campaign Schedule: August 16th - 21st, 2015

"That's a good question. I approve of the President's work overall, and I've admired the way he's handled himself under such obstruction from Republicans, but I can't be proud of the way he's dealt with China. I think that's just a world view thing: unlike the President, I am not in favor of NAFTA, I am not in favor of free trade agreements. I think we've ignored the damage they have done to the American worker, and the damage they have done across the globes to developing countries with low wages, that continue to be suppressed. I think we need to re-evaluate all of our trade agreements and look at them, not from a corporate benefit perspective, but in perspective of how we can improve the lives of our workers. It's an issue that I love to talk about and I will fight on."

August 15th:
Town Hall in Council Bluffs, Iowa
Barnstorming in Harlan, Iowa
Barnstorming in Atlantic, Iowa
Town Hall in Winterset, Iowa
Meet and Greet in Adol, Iowa

August 16th:
Rally in Ames, Iowa
Barnstorming in Des Moines, Iowa
Barnstorming in Knoxville, Iowa
Town Hall in Pella, Iowa
Town Hall in Grinnell, Iowa

August 17th:
Appearance on Hardball with Chris Matthews
Barnstorming in Oskaloosa, Iowa
Town Hall in Fairfield, Iowa
Rally in Iowa City, Iowa
Meet and Greet in Muscatine, Iowa

"Madam, I share your concerns, and let me be the first to say, I will let these programs stand if I am President. Protecting social security and even expanding the program is one of my top priorities. We need to give more help to our retirees not less. I have heard some Democrats consider the idea of a grand bargain, and my response to them is to really think this through: this is one of the most popular programs ever, and one that is running a surplus. If I am President and social security is slashed or any other program like it, I will veto it right away and send it back to Congress."

August 18th:
Senatorial Duties

August 19th:
Barnstorming in Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Barnstorming in Waterloo, Iowa
Town HAll in Independence, Iowa
Meet and Greet in Waverly, Iowa
Meet and Greet in Cedar Falls, Iowa

"I hear all these calls that I shouldn't be in the race, this is impossible, you'll never beat the machine of Hillary. Well, how come we did so well in the Iowa Caucus ladies and gentlemen! Now the question is being asked, why am I campaigning so much in a state I am in last in, and the answer to that is Iowa is the state that is so representative of public thought. When Obama won there, it was because we wanted a change in the agenda, no longer wanted the same old establishment voices conquering and telling us what to do. I feel that I represent the reform part of the Democratic Party, the part that wants change."

August 20th:
Senatorial Duties

August 21st:
Barnstorming in Keene, New Hampshire
Town Hall in Peterborough, New Hampshire
Town Hall in Hooksett, New Hampshire
Rally in Concord, New Hampshire
Barnstorming in Rochester, New Hampshire
Town Hall in Dover, New Hampshire
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2013, 05:25:46 PM »

Ted Cruz Campaign Schedule August 16th-21st, 2015

"My fellow Republicans. Today is not the time to bend to the will of the Democrats like some in our Party seem so intent on doing. This is the time for action. No longer must we be held to the whims of a President who seeks to invade our healthcare system and attack our positions. Nay, I tell you we will fight! For too long have we been defeated, for too long have we surrendered, for too long have we said winning was impossible!"

Monday August 15th, 2015: Iowa

Open Headquarters in Des Moines
Speech in Ames
Rally in Ames
Meet and Greet in Sioux City

Tuesday August 16th, 2015: Iowa

Open Headquarters in Sioux City
Speech in Cedar Rapids
Luncheon in Ames with volunteers
Fundraiser in Des Moines

Wednesday August 17th, 2015: Iowa

Breakfast Rally in Waterloo
Appearance on Rush Limbaugh's Radio Show
Appearance on Hannity
Appearance on CNN's Crossfire against Senator Elizabeth Warren

Thursday August 18th, 2015: Nevada

Speech in Las Vegas
Rally in Reno
Fundraier in Reno
Meetings with unemployed workers
Appear on Local TV Stations

Friday August 19th, 2015: South Carolina

Speech in Columbia
Rally with undecided Primary voters
Meet with unemployed workers
Speech on Obamacare in Charleston

Saturday August 20th, 2015: South Carolina
Speech against gun control in Columbia
Rally with Republican Women in Columbia
Speech to volunteers in Charleston
Open campaign headquarters in Myrtle Beach

Sunday August 21st, 2015:
Appear on Fox News Sunday
Warren 4 Secretary of Everything
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -4.70

« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2013, 05:27:59 PM »

I don't wanna be that guy, but Huntsman should be nowhere near as high up in the polls as he is. PERHAPS in New Hampshire. But definitely not in the Iowa Straw Poll where you win based on the enthusiasm of GOP activists.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2013, 05:51:09 PM »

I don't wanna be that guy, but Huntsman should be nowhere near as high up in the polls as he is. PERHAPS in New Hampshire. But definitely not in the Iowa Straw Poll where you win based on the enthusiasm of GOP activists.

I would agree. If you need someone to do polling, I would be willing to drop out as Sherrod Brown and instead just be a pollster for this game.
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2013, 05:55:35 PM »

Maxwell would be a good pollster, I'd say. Considering that someone like Huntsman got less than 1% in the Iowa caucus, yeah, these results seem a little skewed to me.
Flake
JacobTiver
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2013, 08:33:17 PM »

I'm not doing it for reality, I'm doing it so everyone can have a shot Smiley

If we went by that logic, Chris Christie, Ted Cruz, and Hillary Clinton would win all the states, and candidates like Jon Huntsman, Sherrod Brown, and Marco Rubio would be left in the dust and unable to get higher than 15% in any race.

I just want everyone to have a fun game!

Thank you all for your concerns though, I'll make it slightly more realistic next round on Wednesday!
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2013, 08:41:05 PM »

At least make it somewhat reflect I guess.
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2013, 08:46:00 PM »

You can have it be more realistic, but that doesn't mean that you'll exclude anyone who aren't the frontrunners from winning. After all, that's why people put effort in their schedules. How else could David Duke defeat a sitting president in the primaries?
Warren 4 Secretary of Everything
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -4.70

« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2013, 09:39:43 PM »

You can have it be more realistic, but that doesn't mean that you'll exclude anyone who aren't the frontrunners from winning. After all, that's why people put effort in their schedules. How else could David Duke defeat a sitting president in the primaries?
That sitting President being Oldiesfreak.
Enderman
Jack Enderman
United States

« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2013, 06:48:41 AM »

Don't worry I'm still doing my schedule, I just have to get things straight with my school and homework
Flake
JacobTiver
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2013, 04:44:05 PM »

Y'all might want to know something: In this timeline, you will pick a Vice Presidential candidate that is already playing (if Christie wins GOP nomination, he can pick Cruz as his running mate, or Clinton if she loses her nomination)
Enderman
Jack Enderman
United States

« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2013, 09:08:53 PM »

This is the first time I have been in active campaign, so I'm going to do it like I do in President Forever games with a few additions.

Marco Rubio Campaign Schedule:
August 16-21, 2015

August 16:
Open Campaign HQ, Waterloo, Iowa,
Barnstorming, Cedar Rapids
Policy Speech, Immigration > Clinton

August 17:
Bus Tour, Cedar Rapids>Iowa City>Davenport
Rally, Davenport, Gun Control
Fly to New Hampshire

August 18:
Send surrogate Butch Otter to barnstorm in Ft Lauderdale, Florida
Rally, Nashua, New Hampshire women
Fundraising with surrogate Kelly Ayotte in Derry, New Hampshire

August 19:
Fundraising in Keene, New Hampshire
Bus tour/meet & greet, Keene>Concord>Laconia
Appearance on Hannity
Surrogate Butch Otter appearance on Bud Hettinger Live Radio Show

August 20:
Rest,
Surrogate Kelly Ayotte barnstorming in Berlin, New Hampshire
Surrogate Butch Otter fundraising in Sanford, Florida

August 21:
Appear on Fox News Sunday
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2013, 10:29:46 PM »

2016: John Kasich v. the World:

"Ohio's doing what it can do, but I wish they'd get their act together in Washington. That's why I'm running for President, to fix what Barack Obama and partisan politics failed to do." (John Kasich)

Team Kasich:

Campaign Manager: Don Thibaut.
Kasich's Chief of Staff:: Beth Hansen.
Communications Director: Douglas J. Preisse.
Press Secretary: Rob Nichols.

Campaign Treasurer: Ben Kanzeg.
Campaign Pollster:  Ed Goeas.
Public Relations: Robert F. Klaffky.
Deputy Press Secretary: Connie Wehrkamp.
Policy Director: Wayne Strubble.

John Kasich: August 16th to August 21st:

August 16:
-Focus on developing Des Moines efforts:
 -Creating a new campaign office in Des Moines, Iowa.
 -Rally in Des Moines, Iowa.
 -Fundraiser in Des Moines, Iowa.
-Appearance in "Hardball" with Chris Matthews.

August 17:
-Fly to Ohio.
-Gubernatorial Duties:
 -Setting up tax proposals for the budget.
 -Policy discussions with Wayne Strubble.
 -Inaugurating a bridge in rural Ohio.

August 18:
-Campaign Efforts: (In Columbus, OH)
 -Strategy meetings with campaign and gubernatorial team.
 -Debate training.
 -Meetings with Ohio donors and the Ohio Republican Party Chairman.
 -Private meeting with Senator Rob Portman.

August 19:
-National Tour, Part I:
 -Meeting with Republican officers in New York City, NY.
 -Meeting with Republican officers in Boston, MA.
 -Meeting with Republican officers in Philadelphia, PA.
 -Meeting with Republican officers in Richmond, VA.

August 19:
-National Tour, Part II:
 -Meeting with Republican officers in Atlanta, GA.
 -Meeting with Republican officers in Houston, TX.
 -Rally in Charleston, SC.
 -Meeting with Governor Bobby Jindal in New Orleans, LA.

August 20:
-National Tour, Part III:
 -Meeting with Republican officers in San Francisco, CA.
 -Meeting with Republican officers in Phoenix, AZ.
 -Meeting with Republican officers in Las Vegas, NV.
 -Rally in Las Vegas, NV.
 -Fundraiser at the Caesar's Palace, Vegas, NV.

August 21:
-Setting up a net in D.C:
 -Meetings with Congressmen (trying to rally the troops).
 -Setting up a small ofice in Washington D.C for lobbyists.
 -Chasing donors and lobbyists around the city trying to appeal to Kasich's previous terms as Representative.
 -Fly to New Hampshire, rest.

Speeches to come tomorrow.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2013, 11:35:52 PM »

Sherrod Brown Endorsers

Former Ohio Governor Ted Strickland gives Brown a hardy endorsement!

"I originally endorsed Hillary Clinton for her election when she ran against Barack Obama. However, when I saw how he governed, I realized that Democrats need to govern on progressive principles rather than amendable change, and Sherrod Brown is the most principled Democrat I've ever met. We need four more years of steady and strong stewartship of this nation, and I think Sherrod Brown can offer it."

Former Iowa Senator Tom Harkin Endorses Sherrod Brown!

"At this point in my career, money in politics is the only issue. Hillary Clinton has yet to make her stand known on the issue, and even if she did, it would be massively hypocritical because she has done everything to make it known that she is for sale. I can no longer follow that model. The only candidate in this race that has made it known he is taking small donations from individuals is Sherrod Brown, and he is MY candidate for President, and I hope he's yours too."

HIRED: Joe Trippi as Brown's campaign manager

"This is going to be a campaign about the issues, about substance, about real world issues, and about real world Americans!"

Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies