Nothing to see here
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 02:59:28 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Nothing to see here
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Nothing to see here  (Read 6914 times)
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2013, 02:55:00 PM »

At least Kitteh admits he was a waste of space. The fact that 99% of the few political posts he  made were memes and 4chan/tumbler junk proved this point to begin with. I'm glad he is gone, and I hope he does not return even if the update was reopened.

Did you edit your post solely to change the pronouns? I don't recall seeing any 'he' references prior, when I saw your otherwise rude and condescending post as I scrolled down.
I rewrote it to make it directed at Kitteh; when I read it, I thought it could be misread as directed to somebody else.

Kitteh was the embodiment of what it is to be rude and condescending, and the fact that he was not involved in the actual purpose of this forum shows his true colors. Why are you bothering to defend him?

I think it's mainly just that drj preferred to be referred to as she/her.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2013, 02:55:43 PM »

At least Kitteh admits he was a waste of space. The fact that 99% of the few political posts he  made were memes and 4chan/tumbler junk proved this point to begin with. I'm glad he is gone, and I hope he does not return even if the update was reopened.

Did you edit your post solely to change the pronouns? I don't recall seeing any 'he' references prior, when I saw your otherwise rude and condescending post as I scrolled down.
I rewrote it to make it directed at Kitteh; when I read it, I thought it could be misread as directed to somebody else.

Kitteh was the embodiment of what it is to be rude and condescending, and the fact that he was not involved in the actual purpose of this forum shows his true colors. Why are you bothering to defend him?

Right. If you re-read what I posted, you'll see why I'm defending her.

Pray tell: what is the actual purpose of this forum?

Yeah, and that I'm pretty sure those pronouns in his edited post were explicitly added after the fact solely to be a douche. Otherwise, I'd have noticed them the first time I cringed.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #27 on: November 11, 2013, 03:01:39 PM »

At least Kitteh admits he was a waste of space. The fact that 99% of the few political posts he  made were memes and 4chan/tumbler junk proved this point to begin with. I'm glad he is gone, and I hope he does not return even if the update was reopened.

I considered that after I made the edits, but I rather not deal with the inevitable wave of sexism allegations that would accompany the use of any word relating to females/feminity. It’s much easier to ignore the transphobia allegations that Adam Griffin is now directing at me.

At least Kitteh admits he was a waste of space. The fact that 99% of the few political posts he  made were memes and 4chan/tumbler junk proved this point to begin with. I'm glad he is gone, and I hope he does not return even if the update was reopened.

Yeah, and that I'm pretty sure those pronouns in his edited post were explicitly added after the fact solely to be a douche. Otherwise, I'd have noticed them the first time I cringed.
The "purpose" of this forum is elections and politics. Not the Update. If you are not here for those purposes, I'd kindly recommend you quit wasting your own time.

And of course I'm being a douche; I didn't like Kitteh. I don't like any of the Update enablers. They are all horrible people who post little if anything of substance. I celebrate their departure.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #28 on: November 11, 2013, 03:02:43 PM »

As someone who likes Drj...

If there are seriously people who only come here to masturbate to the 'comedy' of a guy with serious emotional problems destroying what remains of his life I don't think losing them is any great loss. I get the impression that if Bushie literally killed himself you'd all laugh and declare it GREAT WRITING!!!!! or whatever.

We'll be better off without the sick Update enablers.
^^^^
traininthedistance
YaBB God

« Reply #29 on: November 11, 2013, 03:07:21 PM »

I considered that after I made the edits, but I rather not deal with the inevitable wave of sexism allegations that would accompany the use of any word relating to females/feminity. It’s much easier to ignore the transphobia allegations that Adam Griffin is now directing at me.

The "purpose" of this forum is elections and politics. Not the Update. If you are not here for those purposes, I'd kindly recommend you quit wasting your own time.

And of course I'm being a douche; I didn't like Kitteh. I don't like any of the Update enablers. They are all horrible people who post little if anything of substance. I celebrate their departure.

You're a peach, you know that?

I obviously dislike Kitteh's Update-cheering, but that doesn't change one bit the fact she deserves the basic human respect of being referred to by her actual gender.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #30 on: November 11, 2013, 03:09:55 PM »

Wait, so you decided to explicitly edit your post after the fact and be sure to reference someone as a 'he' because calling that person a 'she' would translate into sexism? LOL

Yeah, the point here is that you can be a douche without being a bigot at the same time. I do it all the time.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #31 on: November 11, 2013, 03:10:19 PM »

You're a peach, you know that?

I obviously dislike Kitteh's Update-cheering, but that doesn't change one bit the fact she deserves the basic human respect of being referred to by her actual gender.
I'm quite the little munchkin, aren't I?

As somebody who has had people wish that I commit suicide, I don't give a damn about the human dignity of a savage bully. Which is what the Update enablers are.
traininthedistance
YaBB God

« Reply #32 on: November 11, 2013, 03:13:10 PM »

I'm quite the little munchkin, aren't I?

As somebody who has had people wish that I commit suicide, I don't give a damn about the human dignity of a savage bully. Which is what the Update enablers are.

Everyone deserves human dignity.  If you can't accept that, you have become the monster you claim to fight.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #33 on: November 11, 2013, 03:14:53 PM »

Yeah, because intentionally referring to a she as a he - knowing the long-standing issues that surround such bullying - is totally without victim, right?

Just stop.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #34 on: November 11, 2013, 03:20:15 PM »

Yeah, because intentionally referring to a she as a he - knowing the long-standing issues that surround such bullying - is totally without victim, right?

Just stop.
Why don't you keep the tradition alive and post a meme telling me to "just stop."
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #35 on: November 11, 2013, 03:22:38 PM »

dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #36 on: November 11, 2013, 03:23:13 PM »

wait....kitteh is a dude?
traininthedistance
YaBB God

« Reply #37 on: November 11, 2013, 03:24:28 PM »

Kitteh is a transwoman, which is very much not the same thing as "a dude".
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #38 on: November 11, 2013, 03:25:16 PM »

Technically speaking, yes. Doesn't mean that she (I'll quit being a douche for a second) actually is a man, of course.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #39 on: November 11, 2013, 03:27:12 PM »

I think either a woman who had sex reassignment surgery but still considered herself a woman or a man who considered herself a woman... I don't remember which it was.  All I really remember was that she identified as a woman but had a penis.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #40 on: November 11, 2013, 03:29:22 PM »

All I really remember was that she identified as a woman but had a penis.

As befits any woman posting on the Atlas, yes.

Kitteh is a transwoman, which is very much not the same thing as "a dude".

I mean, that's still technically "a dude". *runs*
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #41 on: November 11, 2013, 03:29:31 PM »

I think either a woman who had sex reassignment surgery but still considered herself a woman or a man who considered herself a woman... I don't remember which it was.  All I really remember was that she identified as a woman but had a penis.

This is more confusing than figuring out in the other thread if Joe or Lief is leaving us with all their good byes..  Ugh.  HuhHuh??
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #42 on: November 11, 2013, 03:31:17 PM »

As befits any woman posting on the Atlas, yes.

I hope for your sake TexasGurl doesn't read this.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #43 on: November 11, 2013, 03:33:20 PM »

oh....k...so was I right the time I said "ma'am" to her?  I just thought she was a chick, but admittedly I never paid much attention.  She was actually this".." close to my ignore list before she ran away because her favorite part of this politics based message board stopped.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #44 on: November 11, 2013, 03:45:17 PM »

Wow, Sanchez is quite a dick.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #45 on: November 11, 2013, 03:53:44 PM »

What the heck?  Its the anti-Updaters who are bullying Bushie.  We love him.  He's our Bushie.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #46 on: November 11, 2013, 03:53:54 PM »

Of course, one of the things I have learned on this forum is that you can only fight fire with fire or be an old if you want your points to be heard!
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #47 on: November 11, 2013, 04:11:06 PM »
« Edited: November 11, 2013, 04:12:43 PM by afleitch »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXz8f0-ulEc

memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #48 on: November 11, 2013, 04:13:20 PM »

Regarding drj. Born with and still has functional male equipment. Takes female hormones, wears female clothing, and considers self female. We had a rough introduction, but I've grown to appreciate drj.
traininthedistance
YaBB God

« Reply #49 on: November 11, 2013, 04:22:21 PM »

oh....k...so was I right the time I said "ma'am" to her?

Yes.  That is the polite/considerate/respectful/etc. thing to do.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies