memphis is alive and well!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 11:01:17 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  memphis is alive and well!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: memphis is alive and well!  (Read 6376 times)
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2013, 02:48:27 PM »

Guys. If posts are disappearing you need to provide us with proof that they are. Because if dozens are going missing each day then it's an issue for Dave Leip.

To be fair, how can that be proven if the posts are gone?  That's not to say there isn't a false flag operation going on, of course.

If it is a major problem on this one board and the moderators of the board have confirmed that posts haven't been deleted without being reported first (which show on the moderated posts page) then it means there must be an issue in the system. It's Leip's baby so he will need to know about it.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2013, 03:02:54 PM »

I'm not unconvinced that some members may be conducting some sort of false flag operation by deleting their own posts to make the forum "lose faith in the mods."

I could see some trolls doing that.

That doesn't make any sense.   What difference could it possibly make if the forum has 'faith in the mods'?  That wouldn't change the situation at all.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2013, 03:21:36 PM »

Guys. If posts are disappearing you need to provide us with proof that they are. Because if dozens are going missing each day then it's an issue for Dave Leip.

To be fair, how can that be proven if the posts are gone?  That's not to say there isn't a false flag operation going on, of course.

This would obviously constitute screencapping every single post that is made and uploading it to forum gallery for verification.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2013, 03:22:53 PM »

RIP Jmfcst
RIP Simfan
RIP J.J.
RIP Update
RIP Memphis
RIP Grumps?
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2013, 03:24:04 PM »

what about pbrunsel and the fellow from indiana, cant remember his name, seems like he wrote for a newspaper.

anyway, they were both interesting people, are they allowed to come back?
muon2
Moderators
Atlas Icon

« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2013, 04:03:44 PM »

IIRC there are certain threads on boards that have a defined time limit on their life set by Dave Leip. The limit is needed to reduce memory and improve speed. If you see a post count drop, but don't recognize any specific posts that are missing, it may be that they are in old threads that were deleted because of age.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #31 on: November 13, 2013, 04:06:05 PM »

IIRC there are certain threads on boards that have a defined time limit on their life set by Dave Leip. The limit is needed to reduce memory and improve speed. If you see a post count drop, but don't recognize any specific posts that are missing, it may be that they are in old threads that were deleted because of age.

That's not what was happening...
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #32 on: November 13, 2013, 04:08:04 PM »

That's not what was happening...

Well Ernest was pruning some of his boards, so if people just saw their post count drop, that could be why.  If people thought threads/posts went missing from this board, then it wasn't Ernest.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #33 on: November 13, 2013, 04:19:15 PM »

I'm concerned about this suggestion of proving posts have been deleted. What do we have to do? Screen shot posts right after we post them?
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #34 on: November 13, 2013, 06:15:31 PM »

There was a thread regarding which of the two is worse. I made ugly statements about both, but concluded that Torie is worse because he holds more power. Yesterday, I concluded that I must been mistaken. Maybe my unreliable mobile ISP had given out at a critical moment, and the post had never been received.. Posts don't just mysteriously vanish, right. Today I learned many posts have vanished...
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #35 on: November 13, 2013, 07:37:25 PM »

There was a thread regarding which of the two is worse. I made ugly statements about both, but concluded that Torie is worse because he holds more power. Yesterday, I concluded that I must been mistaken. Maybe my unreliable mobile ISP had given out at a critical moment, and the post had never been received.. Posts don't just mysteriously vanish, right. Today I learned many posts have vanished...
Inks has been deleting posts that he considered trolling.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #36 on: November 13, 2013, 09:15:11 PM »

OK, so the rumors about memphis being banned were based on nothing?  Who gets the next rumor?

Lewis Trondheim hasn't posted in more than 12 hours.  He must have been banned!
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #37 on: November 13, 2013, 09:18:45 PM »

OK, so the rumors about memphis being banned were based on nothing?  Who gets the next rumor?

Lewis Trondheim hasn't posted in more than 12 hours.  He must have been banned!

God help us all the day that opebo doesn't post on the forum...
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #38 on: November 13, 2013, 09:32:30 PM »

I'm going to Melbourne next week Wednesday, so I might be off the forum for a brief period of time.  I expect everyone to assume that I've been banned, and change to I-Australia avatars in my honor.  Maybe I should get into a fight with Inks the day before, to make it more believable.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #39 on: November 13, 2013, 10:06:17 PM »

RIP Morden
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #40 on: November 13, 2013, 10:10:10 PM »

You wouldn't have to screenshot every post you make to keep a record, just keep a tally of how many you make per day. This is pretty easy with the way your profile tracks recent posts, for example I know I have made 10 posts today so far (well now 11.) Not a bad idea since arbitrary post deletion is most certainly not something Inks is above.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #41 on: November 13, 2013, 10:21:43 PM »

I'm going to Melbourne next week Wednesday, so I might be off the forum for a brief period of time.  I expect everyone to assume that I've been banned, and change to I-Australia avatars in my honor.  Maybe I should get into a fight with Inks the day before, to make it more believable.

Will need pic with Herald Sun as proof of life, thx.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #42 on: November 13, 2013, 11:13:51 PM »

You wouldn't have to screenshot every post you make to keep a record, just keep a tally of how many you make per day. This is pretty easy with the way your profile tracks recent posts, for example I know I have made 10 posts today so far (well now 11.) Not a bad idea since arbitrary post deletion is most certainly not something Inks is above.

I don't delete posts without creating a record of it.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #43 on: November 14, 2013, 12:02:36 AM »

Inks, how many posts have you deleted in like the last 24 hours or so?
Enderman
Jack Enderman
United States

« Reply #44 on: November 14, 2013, 12:04:31 AM »

Inks, how many posts have you deleted in like the last 24 hours or so?

He deleted three of mine. Anyways it was supposed to be an analogy, I wasn't trying to offend anyone. Tongue
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #45 on: November 14, 2013, 12:10:05 AM »

You're a moderator. Your gang obviously won't ban one of their own so the joke doesn't really work.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #46 on: November 14, 2013, 12:11:26 AM »

Inks has been deleting all sorts of posts and has admitted to doing so.  He says "they were reported"... but he doesn't tell you is he is reporting them and then deleting them.... for "trolling".
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #47 on: November 14, 2013, 12:13:32 AM »

Inks has been deleting all sorts of posts and has admitted to doing so.  He says "they were reported"... but he doesn't tell you is he is reporting them and then deleting them.... for "trolling".

I'm sure he had three orgasms in the process.

*awaiting death points for maliciously misleading the forjm because it was actually four orgasms*
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #48 on: November 14, 2013, 12:18:01 AM »

You're a moderator. Your gang obviously won't ban one of their own so the joke doesn't really work.

Sam was de-modded, and now hasn't been heard from in over a year.  Dave and/or Nym could ban whoever they like.  No one is truly safe.

Next time I don't post over a 48 hour period, I think you should all conclude that I've been banned.
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #49 on: November 14, 2013, 12:20:17 AM »

I don't delete posts without creating a record of it.
The record is only available to the mods, not the posters.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies